Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
What sparked the duck's raging hateboner for academia, anyway? Is there any public-record reason, or should it all be chalked up to "hateful old man?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, are we supposed to be teaming up now? If anybody's got that dorky haircut on the left, I can supply my own sign.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mister Olympus posted:

What sparked the duck's raging hateboner for academia, anyway? Is there any public-record reason, or should it all be chalked up to "hateful old man?"

Pretty sure it's the latter, with several shots of jack thrown in for good measure.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Roland Jones posted:

Stantallie had a breakdown (interspersed with some equivocating and weak shots at Democrats) before going into open rebellion against Trump and are still at it last I saw.

Eh, he's rejecting Trump by flat out rejecting reality and refusing to admit that what everyone told him the Republican party was, and what the Republicans nominated and elected, is a Republican.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Man, Prickly City is loving awful. What is whimsical and childlike about the author's bullshit conservative views?

What an insult to the idea of Calvin and Hobbes, which this hack is clearly trying to emulate.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

"If you hate me for what I am and treat me as less than human then I will beat the poo poo out of you" doesn't seem like an unreasonable statement

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fulchrum posted:

Eh, he's rejecting Trump by flat out rejecting reality and refusing to admit that what everyone told him the Republican party was, and what the Republicans nominated and elected, is a Republican.

Yeah its just frustrating. In the latest strip he talks about "fighting back" but what is that gonna consist of? Probably just calling Trump stupid while continuing to support every other conservative policy. He's dismayed about the rise of Trump but hasn't actually stepped back to look at why that happened.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, I never thought of SJWs as being rich.

Go establishment!

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 21, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jen missed two:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Kinda curious as to the meaning of the last; like for real, if you speak a smattering of Gaelic, play hurley or Gaelic football in the US, and participate in the local Irish music scene, is that something worth considering? I could sort of wing that.

It depends. Are you a billionaire considering heavy investment in the ROI? If so I'd rate your chances fairly well.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Branco still farting out anti-Obama toons because apparently it's still 2016

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
o-ganic

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Somfin posted:

Branco still farting out anti-Obama toons because apparently it's still 2016

This is actually the latest talking point - the tin-foil right who controls the base is going pretty hardcore Obama/Soros's shadow government is the reason for the lack of MAGA.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

D.N. Nation posted:

Corbyn is ineffectual as gently caress but at least looks like what a daddy's-money urban leftist podcaster thinks is revolutionary.

I know it's a novel concept for liberals to wrap their heads around, but some people on the left have these things called principles, and so rather than vote for a candidate based on their appearance or other superficial irrelevance like that, you vote for them based on their politics, on what they stand for. The old idea that policies

Jeremy Corbyn stands for a lot of good things. He just also happens to be a horrible leader. And yet it says something about the quality of the bench that despite me acknowledging he's been a really bad leader who has failed in the main thing I voted for him to do (changing the mechanism for how Labour leaders are voted & generally democratising the party's internal politics) while dragging the Overton Window just a tiny bit left again after 40 years of Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown & Cameron, just enough to the left to save one of the few good things about this trash heap country, the NHS. And there's STILL no obvious challenger, even with Corbyn's internal support being demoralised after his whipping on the EU vote. The UK Labour Party's problems run deeper than the leader, or they'd have won the 2015 election.

But you just go back to repeating ignorant poo poo about the left because you're mad that Hilary ran a poo poo campaign but you can't blame your darling Queen so blame the insignificant numbers who voted for Stein instead. Much easier than a bit of self-criticism, and reflecting that maybe liberalism is a worthless idea which has lead to a huge growth in inequality across the western world.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
It'd be nice if Corbyn were to actually do something. It's almost like politicans are failable humans who make mistakes rather than being ideologically pure supermen.

The UK needs a strong opposition to work with May and also to keep her in line and we just....don't at the moment.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know much about French politics, is she going to win

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Probably.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Nah. She'll win the first round and then everyone will hold their nose and vote for the less terrible but still terrible candidate in the head for head vote.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

forkboy84 posted:

Nah. She'll win the first round and then everyone will hold their nose and vote for the less terrible but still terrible candidate in the head for head vote.

unless right wingers realize their views are closer to Le Pen's than Macron's/Hamon's or that the left wingers can't be bothered to vote for Crooked Thatcher Man Fillon

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 21, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Doc Hawkins posted:

:chanpop:

I feel like we haven't had a good pee-pee-doo-doo in a while.
I've actually never encountered "he shat in my pants" outside the Russophone sphere. Guess it's more of a European thing?

SexyBlindfold posted:

Mostly haven't bought it:
- Beeler
Stannis.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 21, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

OldMemes posted:

It'd be nice if Corbyn were to actually do something. It's almost like politicans are failable humans who make mistakes rather than being ideologically pure supermen.

The UK needs a strong opposition to work with May and also to keep her in line and we just....don't at the moment.

Sturgeon tries, but considering she's representing less than 10% of the total population of the UK her influence is somewhat limited. Corbyn is also an ugly position where the main thing he has to play opposition on isn't something he disagrees with on principle, since people already mentioned he was always okay with Leave for leftist reasons. He might be a better opposition if he was directly fighting something else.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

forkboy84 posted:

Hmm. This sounds familiar.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

OldMemes posted:

What the UK needs is to ditch the FPTP system but neither the Tories or Labour have any interest in doing so since it's what lets them swap power constantly and keep every other party out. The Lib dems screwed the pooch letting Cameron's lot decide the ballot wording for the alternate vote referendum. Who knows when we'll get another shot at change but letting thirty something percent of the population set the government is a bad system.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Xander77 posted:

I've actually never encountered "he shat in my pants" outside the Russophone sphere. Guess it's more of a European thing?
Stannis.

"Somebody Shar In My Pants: The Donald Trump Story"

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

First two caricatures turned out so bad the cartoonist didn't even attempt the third

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Note that this is not by Red Panels himself but a fan guest comic that Panels tweeted.

quote:

It may be narcissistic to imagine yourself competent enough to become a millionaire, but humble in comparison to imagining yourself competent enough to manage the lives of others.
Ted Rall?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
red panels man can't even manage his own life

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trogdos! posted:

Ted Rall?

So he's basically agreeing with the strawman, since his only retort is some sort of tu quoque.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh my god so many in this latest round of cartoons are just blatant "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I" it's becoming surreal.
Yes, Nazi Klurf, the only people who hate Capitalism are those who imagine themselves in the same positions of power but specifically in a different type of economy/government, for literally no good reason.
Yes, Branco, the only people protesting are those vile snipes chasing cash, while everyone on your side is good and healthy and positive.
Yes, Lisa, the media are the ones with egg on their face after that glorious interview Trump so tactfully gave.
Yes, idiot whose sloppy mspaint-filled signature I can't make out, all "SJWs" are actually snobby upper-class elites living in gated communities, a stereotype I've never even heard before your ridiculous, reaching desperation.

Trogdos! posted:

Note that this is not by Red Panels himself but a fan guest comic that Panels tweeted.
I guess if you're so hosed in the head you think any form of media portraying black people positively is literally "white genocide", you might have a little trouble telling the difference between making GBS threads on folks for having dark skin and defending yourself from an invading army come to murder you.

I've seen your work and I don't believe for a second this is your real problem with them. As if these people are just one bureaucratic hoop away from being accepted with open arms by you and all your buddies. Ohhh, if ONLY they'd gone through the proper channels!
But of course it's all loving moot because the news has been about refugees who already have legal channels to go through and are not the same as illegal immigrants so stop loving conflating them you insufferable shitbag.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 21, 2017

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

I'm not the only one seeing this, right?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Still waiting for my sweet, sweet, Soros bucks.

https://twitter.com/davpope/status/833910718923563008

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Vib Rib posted:

I guess if you're so hosed in the head you think any form of media portraying black people positively is literally "white genocide", you might have a little trouble telling the difference between making GBS threads on folks for having dark skin and defending yourself from an invading army come to murder you.

Surrendering to the mongols and welcoming them with open arms was literally the best possible policy.

(For the serfs at least. You could also hole up in your castle until a leader dropped dead, then declare victory)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

unless right wingers realize their views are closer to Le Pen's than Macron's/Hamon's or that the left wingers can't be bothered to vote for Crooked Thatcher Man Fillon

Starshark posted:

Hmm. This sounds familiar.

It's a bit different, Le Pen can hardly claim to be the anti-politics candidate considering she first won election to office 2 decades ago & has been leader of her party since 2011. Not to mention that she's a second generation politician.

On top of that, even the much hated Sarkozy would beat Le Pen head to head. About the only major party politician who wouldn't is Hollande. Anyway, they don't have to worry about Hamon, because there's no way he finishes second unless Melenchon would step aside. And he won't. So it's going to be either Fillon or Macron, who should both be able to beat Le Pen. Unless there's another big terror attack in France between now & the 2nd week of May. And even then I imagine Fillon or Macron presidencies will do a good job of increasing Le Pen's chances of winning next time round.

But we'll see.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
logic has never stopped anti-establishement candidates

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Xander77 posted:

Surrendering to the mongols and welcoming them with open arms was literally the best possible policy.

(For the serfs at least. You could also hole up in your castle until a leader dropped dead, then declare victory)

I don't think the idea of hostile actions making enemies where there weren't any previously really makes sense to fascists.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Yeah, I remember when Obama threatened to declare war on Mexico. Also when he kept making up fantasy terror attacks to gin up support for another War on Terror. Exactly the same as Trump.

But hey, if you think those things were bad then, aren't they still bad now?

Except for Donald Trump, who banned everyone from seven countries, legal or not, green card or not.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

But you just go back to repeating ignorant poo poo about the left because you're mad that Hilary ran a poo poo campaign but you can't blame your darling Queen so blame the insignificant numbers who voted for Stein instead. Much easier than a bit of self-criticism, and reflecting that maybe liberalism is a worthless idea which has lead to a huge growth in inequality across the western world.

I voted for Sanders and self-identify as a leftist.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

forkboy84 posted:

I know it's a novel concept for liberals to wrap their heads around, but some people on the left have these things called principles, and so rather than vote for a candidate based on their appearance or other superficial irrelevance like that, you vote for them based on their politics, on what they stand for. The old idea that policies

Jeremy Corbyn stands for a lot of good things. He just also happens to be a horrible leader. And yet it says something about the quality of the bench that despite me acknowledging he's been a really bad leader who has failed in the main thing I voted for him to do (changing the mechanism for how Labour leaders are voted & generally democratising the party's internal politics) while dragging the Overton Window just a tiny bit left again after 40 years of Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown & Cameron, just enough to the left to save one of the few good things about this trash heap country, the NHS. And there's STILL no obvious challenger, even with Corbyn's internal support being demoralised after his whipping on the EU vote. The UK Labour Party's problems run deeper than the leader, or they'd have won the 2015 election.

Goodness.

• Locked thread