Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

I mean they're right insofar as you can't actively antagonize the largest voting demographic and actually need to appeal to them via economic justice

This is definitely what they didn't mean though, they're just gonna go harder on reaganism

White voters want a preferential place, inclusion and "reaching out to white voters" aren't compatible

Serf
May 5, 2011

is deray still cozying up to tpperez lol

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nice

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

I mean they're right insofar as you can't actively antagonize the largest voting demographic and actually need to appeal to them via economic justice

This is definitely what they didn't mean though, they're just gonna go harder on reaganism

nah gently caress every Trump voter they are not needed. focus on turning out everyone else, having a candidate that isn't historically weak would be enough

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
at least in michigan, if they had focused on black voters in detroit and flint, the state would have gone blue. so, like, maybe the lesson isn't "we didn't pay attention to this particular demographic enough" but "we are sucky and need to stop being so sucky."

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

at least in michigan, if they had focused on black voters in detroit and flint, the state would have gone blue. so, like, maybe the lesson isn't "we didn't pay attention to this particular demographic enough" but "we are sucky and need to stop being so sucky."

and yeah not spending money in Omaha NE

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Watch the White House move to Mare-alago

I thought it was really nice of Donald to donate his Palm Beach resort property to the U.S. government for use as the "Winter White House". I'm sure that generations will enjoy touring this once-exclusive resort that is now, of course, completely open to the public as a national monument.

Right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's the Southern White House now

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

he's right though (that hearing more about white people is exhausting, not the other thing)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

baw posted:

nah gently caress every Trump voter they are not needed. focus on turning out everyone else, having a candidate that isn't historically weak would be enough

Uhhh what color do you think all those people in Wisconsin and Michigan are that sat at home?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Sir Tonk posted:

i will defend pewdiepie's right to become a literal nazi to my death

in a camp

Gonna watch the 500 parter Krazy Kamp LP where he spends 30 episodes hollering about rape and juden while trying to snipe you from his balcony

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

It's the Southern White House now

history does repeat itself

Apr 7, 2003

I'm tryna dig up an atlantic article a few months back where they talked to pro-Brexit voters in Sunderland and Trump voters in Indiana and detailed the parallels and how "economic anxiety" and "immigration" are just a smokescreen for "we're mad we don't get a guaranteed first place at the table anymore" and "I'm scared we'll become a minority". Whites in both countries seem to feel that civil rights is a zero sum game and for others to gain, they must lose.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

baw posted:

What no it wouldn't be enough lol

You need someone who's authentic and wants to move away from "every dollar made goes to the top"

Otherwise we're gonna get another Trump every 8 years

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Weeping Wound posted:

seems to be minor in scape, just people throwing rocks at the cops

the curious thing us that the cops opted to shoot the rock-throwers for some reason

Pigs are pigs no matter what country you're in.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

It's like I fell through a time warp and it's October 2016 in d&d again

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

baw posted:

How have you not changed your 8 year old LF title

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ArmZ posted:

he's right though (that hearing more about white people is exhausting, not the other thing)

Hey I have an idea; what if we had a candidate who was likable or perhaps had human-levels of charisma?

Apr 7, 2003

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

You need someone who's authentic and wants to move away from "every dollar made goes to the top"

Nah, it's about identity politics, most trump voters live comfortable enough lives.

Go find a Trump voter and offer him a receptive ear.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

yeah it would it was a tiny loss in a few key states that could have been prevented by a marginally more popular candidate and less hubristic allocation of campaign resources. there is no need to appeal to a single Trump voter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good news: America has been made great again

Burger King just bought Popeyes for $1.8 billion

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

It's like I fell through a time warp and it's October 2016 in d&d again

Everyday is Halloween

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

Go find a Trump voter and offer him a receptive ear.

Don't do this irl

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chris James 2 posted:

That's reallly dumb. They could have gotten the $2.99 lunch special

Serf
May 5, 2011

BeOSPOS posted:

Everyday is Halloween

accurate: i am terrified every day

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

Don't do this irl

It might be enlightening for some people here who keep insisting this is all about economic anxiety

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Salt Fish posted:

Hey I have an idea; what if we had a candidate who was likable or perhaps had human-levels of charisma?

But that candidate might not have a strong, consistent voting record, or be pushing the most liberal party agenda of all time, and people will make that an excuse to not vote.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

It might be enlightening for some people here who keep insisting this is all about economic anxiety

Oh that's a good point

baw
Nov 5, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

But that candidate might not have a strong, consistent voting record, or be pushing the most liberal party agenda of all time, and people will make that an excuse to not vote.

some sure but we're talking about margins and the margin that Hillary lost by was extremely thin. hell some preliminary analysis has shown that Comey's letter was the deciding factor

Serf
May 5, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

i live around these people, and while every person is broken in their own way, i gotta say that the absolute biggest factor was "anyone but hillary". folks hate her with a passion. my grandpa hates donald trump but he absolutely loathes hillary clinton

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

popeyes is a considerably better fast food restaurant than burger king. i hope this does not hurt the quality of their authentic fried chicken

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:rip: old thred

hello new thread

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

Go find a Trump voter and offer him a receptive mouth.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/834045140515827713

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chris James 2 posted:

hopefully they bring it to the UK

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

make the tweet, cmooon

Apr 7, 2003

Serf posted:

i live around these people, and while every person is broken in their own way, i gotta say that the absolute biggest factor was "anyone but hillary". folks hate her with a passion. my grandpa hates donald trump but he absolutely loathes hillary clinton

Ah yeah, because she's "murdered hundreds of people since the nineties"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

baw posted:

yeah it would it was a tiny loss in a few key states that could have been prevented by a marginally more popular candidate and less hubristic allocation of campaign resources. there is no need to appeal to a single Trump voter

A tiny loss? My dude, we control nothing.

As in, Texas didn't just fail to turn blue. The senate, congress, the presidency, Supreme Court...

It was a huge loss and now is the time to realize that we don't need more centrists we need actual leftists with big cojones

• Locked thread