Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

yeah man I guess telling the truth = salt

i was going to post some things correcting you but you seem kind of like an idiot and this is probably the most :shrek: thread derail ever so you should log out and stop posting forever TIA. :wooper:

You too. Christ. We get it, you both set your dong sliders to max.

Also, this is slightly old, but apparently there is a bug with spiders' poison orbs in which they are gargantuan. The screenshots have been great.

Speaking of, post some more base pictures! I wanna see hovels, castles, large gently caress-off walls, whatever you got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ohsosad posted:

It all comes back to the loving fishing goons in Archeage.

Also can we ever expect official servers in Australia or are lovely dedicated servers with insane admins the best we get here?

Probably better off tweeting the Conan guys directly regarding that. There hasn't been any news that Ive heard of.

Saxophone posted:

You too. Christ. We get it, you both set your dong sliders to max.

Uh I play exclusively as a woman you jerk.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Great. New posts in the CE thre...:gonk:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Good call on that tomorrow I'll take some screen shots of the hovel town we've got going.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm 60% of the way you 50 on official 178. We've raided around 6 t2/t3 bases over the weekend. Tomorrow morning I'll be 50 and the Yog Bombs will begin. We've located 3 bases for immediate demolition so log in tomorrow and bring your hard hat goons.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

ohsosad posted:

It all comes back to the loving fishing goons in Archeage.

Also can we ever expect official servers in Australia or are lovely dedicated servers with insane admins the best we get here?

I feel you man. Taiwan goon, and the last three servers I started up on disappeared. I'm starting to think I'm cursed.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Commoners posted:

From a gameplay perspective, 1x gather rates makes pvp and raiding an actually profitable venture, and conservation and smart use of materials becomes an actual thing you have to do if you aren't just brute forcing resource gathering with a billion hours a day.

That being said, 1x resource gathering is completely miserable to play.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah. Wait till you get fully wiped the first time. On a 3x server it took me something on the order of 6+ hours just to rebuild all of my crafting stations/well/wheel of pain.

What are you hitting things with a stone pick? Gathering basic mats(iron, hide, wood, etc) is very easy once you have iron and steel picks. I can get a thousand stone in less than 2 minutes.

Leveling is far more of a barrier than gathering for us goons on official 178.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

what stats are worth leveling? so far i've just been sinking everything into carry weight and stamina

It used to be that Grit, Encumberance and Vitality were the only ones. But I'd say there's some merit to a bit of Strength and Agility. I'd say 15 Strength, 10 Agility, 30 Vit, the rest in Grit and Encumberance. Of course, level Strength last as it is percentage based. Grit is less important than it seems, as it does not increase your stamina recovery rate, merely the maximum stamina. So it only helps you at the beginning of a fight, then it's completely wasted.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Tonight I found out that avatar alerts are not server wide. Rip my base.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This thread is for Conan Exiles. Please can you try to keep it on track. If you are upset at a goon run guild in Conan Exiles, then please create a new guild, advertise it in PGS and discuss it there. This thread is more general game discussion.

Doctors Inc
May 28, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

Pictures please :neckbeard:

As soon as the thralls have finished weaving all the flags and stuff I will add some pictures later today.

Too bad you can't set up chests and beds useable by anybody at his time. Would make things a lot easier for public buildings.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yog backwards is Goy. Is yog Jewish???

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

30.5 Days posted:

Tonight I found out that avatar alerts are not server wide. Rip my base.

I'll actually report that as a bug to dev chat, since it's supposed to be server wide and the graphic is supposed to be seen from REALLY far away.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Kimsemus posted:

I'll actually report that as a bug to dev chat, since it's supposed to be server wide and the graphic is supposed to be seen from REALLY far away.

Yeah I'm not sure I ever pointed it out directly but when you guys destroyed our base on Dongful with Set, we never saw a summon message even though I did see it on your guy's screen watching the Twitch recording. The first I knew Set had been summoned was when he busted through our autism pyramid and ate me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

I'm 60% of the way you 50 on official 178. We've raided around 6 t2/t3 bases over the weekend. Tomorrow morning I'll be 50 and the Yog Bombs will begin. We've located 3 bases for immediate demolition so log in tomorrow and bring your hard hat goons.

I've been doing single player for a few hours this morning and enjoy it, so time to move into the real servers.. Are you guys on the discord in the OP and does it matter what race/ religion I roll?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

I've been doing single player for a few hours this morning and enjoy it, so time to move into the real servers.. Are you guys on the discord in the OP and does it matter what race/ religion I roll?

The 178 goons are using the BMW discord that is in the OP.

Race doesn't matter. Religion doesn't matter too much since you can just learn all of them from certain NPC's (assuming those NPC's haven't been blocked off by player structures). Just don't pick Crom and he literally does nothing and gives you no benefits.

Mitra is probably the most common picked now that Yog meat doesn't give healing anymore.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'll be going Set, then.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gamesguy posted:

What are you hitting things with a stone pick? Gathering basic mats(iron, hide, wood, etc) is very easy once you have iron and steel picks. I can get a thousand stone in less than 2 minutes.

Leveling is far more of a barrier than gathering for us goons on official 178.

Reinforcements/tar/shaped wood/etc were the limiting factors. Not basic resources. I was dumping resources in by the bucketload but had to build multiples of every structure just to crank things out in a timely fashion. Tar was probably the most annoying because I needed a ton and this was pre bark boost.

And also yes we got hit so hard that stone is basically where I had to restart.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Inkel posted:

Yeah I'm not sure I ever pointed it out directly but when you guys destroyed our base on Dongful with Set, we never saw a summon message even though I did see it on your guy's screen watching the Twitch recording. The first I knew Set had been summoned was when he busted through our autism pyramid and ate me.

I know it was pretty awful probably, but it had to have been kind of cool to see it from that angle.

Doctors Inc
May 28, 2011
Our little arena, half of it leads down into certain death :getin:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

I know it was pretty awful probably, but it had to have been kind of cool to see it from that angle.

I wish I had seen it. I had booked it inside to destroy the bridge (which ended up not mattering because someone built a jumpable thing that they shouldn't have) so all I heard was *hiss hiss hiss* as I ran inside to armor up and fight.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rhymenoserous posted:

I wish I had seen it. I had booked it inside to destroy the bridge (which ended up not mattering because someone built a jumpable thing that they shouldn't have) so all I heard was *hiss hiss hiss* as I ran inside to armor up and fight.

Yeah, it was a half railing that crossed with another one that allowed us to leap across, but that melee we had in the courtyard was fun, I think at one point we were down to 2 guys defending trying to hold waiting for the others to run back from our raid base. The snake hitbox is huge because it crushed and killed a bunch of us just slithering by into the base.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 21, 2017

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Saxophone posted:

Speaking of, post some more base pictures! I wanna see hovels, castles, large gently caress-off walls, whatever you got.

Sure? I didn't take any pictures of the walls because I'm still trying to decide on tower constructions that look nice.

Here are some thrall hovels that serve no actual purpose:

And a blacksmith building:

A Yog temple:

One for Mitra (I posted the Set one earlier in the thread):

A keep/throneroom sort of thing I'm still messing with:

Aerial shot of a big old arena:

And from inside:

Anyone else get the weird bug with torches where they only show their flames if you turn them off and back on again? It resets every time the server does, as well, which is poo poo, unlike the bug where thralls don't have their weapons out, which you can fix permanently but just putting them down near an enemy and picking them back up again.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 21, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Uhhhhh wow, my poo poo hovels look like actual poo poo compared to that.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Wallet posted:

Sure? I didn't take any pictures of the walls because I'm still trying to decide on tower constructions that look nice.

Here are some thrall hovels that serve no actual purpose:

And a blacksmith building:

A Yog temple:

One for Mitra (I posted the Set one earlier in the thread):

Aerial shot of a big old arena:

And from inside:

Anyone else get the weird bug with torches where they only show their flames if you turn them off and back on again? It resets every time the server does, as well, which is poo poo, unlike the bug where thralls don't have their weapons out, which you can fix permanently but just putting them down near an enemy and picking them back up again.

Congratulations. You just won the game.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah, it was a half railing that crossed with another one that allowed us to leap across, but that melee we had in the courtyard was fun, I think at one point we were down to 2 guys defending trying to hold waiting for the others to run back from our raid base. The snake hitbox is huge because it crushed and killed a bunch of us just slithering by into the base.

That was me, I called out in discord "When this door comes down I'm going out swinging."

I went with sword and board rather than 2 hander figuring it would keep me more mobile as I wouldn't have time to line up shots. We honestly could have put up a much better fight if Inkel hadn't been running around naked (And I had remembered to wolf down yog food/mitra food).

In retrospect I should have started tearing down the left side building just to get materials quick and thrown up a wall in the gap and just watched you guys bounce off of it, but hindsight is 20/20.

Most of us are gone from the server, I can kick the door open if ya'll wanna rob the place.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 22, 2017

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just hit Friggan Dan's base. The man demanding tax from us. Left a love note for him. The best part is we looted ~7k worth of stone, 1k steel fire, and mitra archpriest.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 22, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Wallet posted:

:stare:

Compared to this, I live in this:

:saddowns:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
"We are releasing Asian servers"

There is one 40/40 Asian pvp server and one 40/40 blitz server.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Popete posted:

Uhhhhh wow, my poo poo hovels look like actual poo poo compared to that.

Picer posted:

Congratulations. You just won the game.

:allears:

Here's a bonus picture of the whole thing, including my goofy irregular towers:

They really need two and three sided wedge roofs to cap things.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I wish there was a right angle triangle piece so you could turn corners around squares :saddowns:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Do you need steel weapons to tear down poo poo shacks? I've built a place on the newbie delta while I level up before joining the clan and just unlocked the iron sword. I can rip up campfires, but all these one square squats people have put down still say that I can't damage them.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Yes, steel damages sandstone.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Wallet posted:

:allears:

Here's a bonus picture of the whole thing, including my goofy irregular towers:

They really need two and three sided wedge roofs to cap things.

RIP that base when someone summons Set on it.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

So this game is literally unplayable right now. Clockwork 10 minute server crashes on the only Asia official server. I can only imagine it's from whatever halfass thing they implemented to try to stop people from building on NPC spawns, which also didn't work at all since every NPC spawn on the server is built over.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Why is anybody playing on official servers. Like, they loving suck.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Glenn Quebec posted:

Why is anybody playing on official servers. Like, they loving suck.

b b b b b because pubbies

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

b b b b b because pubbies

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BlackIronHeart posted:

Yes, steel damages sandstone.

Well poo poo. Guess I'll be making my way up to goonbase tonight after work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vehk
Jan 31, 2014
Is there still room in the tribe on 178? The private server I was playing on has turned into a rubber banding lag fest so I'm thinking of starting out new.

• Locked thread