Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Railing Kill posted:

I'm waiting for Milo's inevitable Puppetmaster Defense. As in, "I'm not even gay. I was just trying to prove how gays are all pedophiles! Checkmate, lieberals!" I'm not even going to get into how stupid and dangerous he is because plenty of people have already done that. I just hope that he gets hit by a bus ASAP so the media can stop talking about him soon thereafter.

That would be the worst thing he could do, and possibly what is really going to happen. He seems the type to not really fully recognize what is going on and then try to pull some Kellyanne Conway styled bullshit only to have it backfire and everybody go after even more poo poo he has done to really cement the madness. You can tell from his attempt at an explanation yesterday (right before his book deal was shitcanned) that when he's countered in a way where he can't troll back he turns into a blubbering mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Can A Condom Protect You From An Electric Shock? Find Out In This Ridiculous Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKAYnxC5jQ4

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

Can A Condom Protect You From An Electric Shock? Find Out In This Ridiculous Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKAYnxC5jQ4

Well, the title did deliver.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Please explain why anyone would ever want to watch past the first second of screeching.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Please explain why anyone would ever want to watch past the first second of screeching.

You should.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Dunno what you're all bitching about, it was fine.

Oh, my cochlear implant was turned off. Let's- :stonk:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
LOL, loving Curt Schilling

I really want to like the guy because he is the patron saint of a wargame I play, but fucksake, that dude is like the definition of "I didn't read, watch, or research anything about a current event, but I have a very visceral and emotional opinion that I need to share with everyone!!!"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ElGroucho posted:

LOL, loving Curt Schilling

I really want to like the guy because he is the patron saint of a wargame I play, but fucksake, that dude is like the definition of "I didn't read, watch, or research anything about a current event, but I have a very visceral and emotional opinion that I need to share with everyone!!!"
What'd he do now?

Curt Schilling is such a massive blowhard that even a significant number of Red Sox fans can't stand to hear him talk anymore.

He's been drumming up support to possibly against Elizabeth Warren's senate seat. Which would be hilarious because A) Liz Warren isn't Martha Coakley and Schilling isn't Scott Brown, and B) Schilling would likely continue to prove he's awesome at throwing other people's money away.

Also bonus Schilling Schadenfreude, the time he defaulted on a 75 million dollar loan with a poorly run game studio.

The SA thread from when it happened was glorious because at one point, some poster who's mom helped get the loan approved came in and did a Baghdad Bob routine for a little while.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
He spent a couple of tweets defending Milo, before even listening to the recordings of Milo being pro-pedo, then had to backtrack like a mofo

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I can't tell if Phanatic believes:

a.) relationships between older men and 16-year-old or whatever boys is okay, because that's the age of consent (pro tip - that's not okay, that's still statutory rape and also super creepy)

Huh? If the person is above the age of consent, then it's not statutory rape. That's what "statutory" means there. If the person is too young to consent, it's statutory rape, but someone who is of the age of consent is not too young to consent.

quote:

c.) something else???

The tolerant left hates Milo because he says offensive things so is using this as a pretext. Meanwhile Lena Dunham brags about actually raping her toddler sister (literally, she inserted pebbles into her vagina, that meets the statutory definition of rape in most states), and that gets excused as a youthful exploration and Girls stays on the air for years afterwards. Dunham, darling of the left, engaged in actual literal pedophilia, her book deal does not get canceled. Milo's, who says the age of consent laws are "probably the right age," does. Polanski drugs and rapes a 13-year old who is pleading "no" over and over again and people sign a petition for his exoneration because he makes good movies.

So, c: if Milo were a leftist or Hollywood darling instead of an alt-right troll nobody on the left would raise a peep over this.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How is this STILL the hill you insist on dying on?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
LOL Phanatic

This is like that scene in Hamburger Hill, only instead of Vietnam, its pedophilia

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Phanatic posted:

Huh? If the person is above the age of consent, then it's not statutory rape. That's what "statutory" means there. If the person is too young to consent, it's statutory rape, but someone who is of the age of consent is not too young to consent.

The tolerant left hates Milo because he says offensive things so is using this as a pretext. Meanwhile Lena Dunham brags about actually raping her toddler sister (literally, she inserted pebbles into her vagina, that meets the statutory definition of rape in most states), and that gets excused as a youthful exploration and Girls stays on the air for years afterwards. Dunham, darling of the left, engaged in actual literal pedophilia, her book deal does not get canceled. Milo's, who says the age of consent laws are "probably the right age," does. Polanski drugs and rapes a 13-year old who is pleading "no" over and over again and people sign a petition for his exoneration because he makes good movies.

So, c: if Milo were a leftist or Hollywood darling instead of an alt-right troll nobody on the left would raise a peep over this.

lmao

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
How has no one given him red text yet? I've seen red text for silly poo poo.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
"These idiots think I'm a pedophile! Heh! Little do they know, I'm not really a pedophile!"

LMAO

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I left my wallet in my car, but rest assured, if I get back from lunch and the situation hasn't been remedied, the market will correct itself

Feel free to suggest pictures my friends

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
This isn't much of schadenfreude now but Trump supports the anti-vaccine movement:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-energizes-the-anti-vaccine-movement-in-texas/ar-AAn9a4U?li=BBnbcA1

He even met and liked Andrew Wakefield, the guy who pretty much started the anti-vaccine movement. It is just so disgusting that these people are willing to get their children and other kids sick because of their beliefs. I bet they'll blame immigrants when their kids are dying from measles.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ElGroucho posted:

I left my wallet in my car, but rest assured, if I get back from lunch and the situation hasn't been remedied, the market will correct itself

Feel free to suggest pictures my friends

How about a true work of art, bathing in some virgin blood:
http://gothamist.com/2016/10/10/pro_trump_art_show.php#photo-1

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Feb 21, 2017

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

quote:

Inkel has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Feb 21, 2017

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I mean, I'm not exactly a Lena Dunham fan but I'm pretty sure she was seven years old when she did what she did. It's not exactly comparable.

Yeah it has possible implications for her and her sister's childhood development but that should be between them and their therapist.

edit: besides he should have been ostracised earlier for almost literally everything else he's said and done so I'm afraid I'm only getting a hollow chuckle out of this one. The right's determination to travel as far along the path as they did with Milo until now is still a terrible indictment of the current movement.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 16:13 on Feb 21, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Who the gently caress still cares about Lena Dunham?

seriously I've spent my entire life in East Coast Liberal Hellholes and I have never heard anyone speak her name aloud

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Also Roman Polanski isn't like some hero of the left. Most people, including liberals, think he's a complete slimeball who is also probably a rapist. I've never heard anyone defend him who isn't a Hollywood actor.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Phanatic posted:

Please keep going, I'm not sure people are convinced of your argument yet.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

NLJP posted:

I mean, I'm not exactly a Lena Dunham fan but I'm pretty sure she was seven years old when she did what she did. It's not exactly comparable.

Yeah it has possible implications for her and her sister's childhood development but that should be between them and their therapist.

edit: besides he should have been ostracised earlier for almost literally everything else he's said and done so I'm afraid I'm only getting a hollow chuckle out of this one. The right's determination to travel as far along the path as they did with Milo until now is still a terrible indictment of the current movement.

The Lena Dunham poo poo is weird because she felt the need to tell us all about this as an adult, which is being a weirdo, not being a child rapist. it is not comparable.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The Lena Dunham poo poo is weird because she felt the need to tell us all about this as an adult, which is being a weirdo, not being a child rapist. it is not comparable.

Yeah absolutely. I mean, it seems pretty hosed to use it as a story in public later in life but trying to compare that to a thirty year old grooming just-pubescent young boys is insane.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Lena's stuff went on into her teenage years. Don't try and defend her on technicalities just because Milo finally bit it, you dumb bastards.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I got red texted for cheering for the Indians during the World Series.

Who defends roman Polanski?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"you think this is hosed up?? what about this other hosed up thing!!"
"uh yeah that's hosed up too why do you bring it up"
"AHA CHECKMATE" *defends 28 year olds loving 13 year olds*

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Yes, I concede that you agree other people raping kids is bad, but you're not decrying them hard enough!

That makes you all Hitlers!

:smuggo:

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

poptart_fairy posted:

Lena's stuff went on into her teenage years. Don't try and defend her on technicalities just because Milo finally bit it, you dumb bastards.

I'm sure as poo poo not going to deny that doing that poo poo at 7 years old is hosed up but I'm gonna need a source for it continuing into her teenage years. Afaik the only people saying that were that dumb truth revolt website that corrected themselves later.

lfield
May 10, 2008
"What about Lena Dunham" is such a remarkably stupid defense of Milo, I love it.

WendyO
Dec 2, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Did her parents just keep having children so Lena could continue being a pedophile instead of just a weirdo?

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Phanatic posted:

Yes, a feminist most people hadn't heard of before she talked about youthful experimentation on her younger sister, and a creepozoid Hollywood director are exactly equal to someone who literally almost ended up as Trump's Press Secretary. Yes, this equivocation makes defending someone who defended loving kiddy fiddling is perfectly valid.

quote:

the tolerant left

Did you know having the same opinion as Nazis, makes you a Nazi? A chomo and a Nazi. The next phanatic hot take is going to be a 1200 word defense of bronies and the trifecta can then be complete.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

hanales posted:

Who defends roman Polanski?

Woody Allen. David Lynch. Martin Scorsese. Darren Aronofsky. Wim Wenders. Harvey Weinstein. Tilda Swinton. Terry Gilliam. Michael Mann. Wes Anderson. A bunch of others.

Whoopi Goldberg went so far as to say that drugging a 13-year old into a semiconscious state and sodomizing her while she pleads for you to stop is "Rape, but it's not *rape* rape."
http://jezebel.com/5369395/whoopi-on-roman-polanski-it-wasnt-rape-rape

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Phanatic posted:

LOL right?!

Berkeley students - "Milo is kind of a piece of poo poo and we don't want him here"
Milo, a year ago - "Pedophiles, cool right?"
CPAC - "Um, so Milo isn't welcome here"
Milo's manager - "Can't manage this guy anymore, he's toxic"

Phanatic - "Goddamn liberals!"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Broshevik posted:

I'm sure as poo poo not going to deny that doing that poo poo at 7 years old is hosed up but I'm gonna need a source for it continuing into her teenage years. Afaik the only people saying that were that dumb truth revolt website that corrected themselves later.

Hmm, I'm prepared to eat my words on this one, as I seem to be mixing her words up with another person that talked about "experimenting" with their younger sister.

Even so it's quite frustrating to see people attempt to downplay Lena's actions and her use of them for publicity later on. I'm very, very glad Milo's ticket has been punched - about loving time - but it makes my skin crawl seeing a ton of people come out of the woodwork and start dismissing this sort of thing because they consider Milo worse.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

NLJP posted:

I thought the Lena Dunham thing was that her sister had stuffed the pebbles in on her own, and she noticed when she looked at her sister's parts for... some reason.

So still pretty weird, but not as rapey as her actually stuffing them in.

I only vaguely remember reading the quote about it when it was a big deal for a while (I kind of remember part of the story was her being surprised to see them there), so I may be wrong on that. Unless she changed the story at some point, it seems like one of those, "people change the story to make her sound worse" kind of things.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Phanatic posted:

Woody Allen. David Lynch. Martin Scorsese. Darren Aronofsky. Wim Wenders. Harvey Weinstein. Tilda Swinton. Terry Gilliam. Michael Mann. Wes Anderson. A bunch of others.

Whoopi Goldberg went so far as to say that drugging a 13-year old into a semiconscious state and sodomizing her while she pleads for you to stop is "Rape, but it's not *rape* rape."
http://jezebel.com/5369395/whoopi-on-roman-polanski-it-wasnt-rape-rape

There are millions of liberal Democrats in America who are in fact not Hollywood actors or directors. Actors/directors defend their own similar to the way police do, it doesn't mean "the left" is out to defend Roman Polanski. It just so happens that most people in Hollywood are liberal, which I guess is confusing to you. Again, basic logic eludes you.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Save us, Say Nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She talked about bribing her sister with sweets and treats to kiss and touch her, likening it to the tactics of a sexual predator. Like, those are literally her words.