Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Hillary Clinton? Yeah, I'd vote for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You will not believe the amount of Jewish people that I work with that willingly blind themselves over all the poo poo thats about to go down.

Not only financially, but also all the antisemitism.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Sir Tonk posted:

did he seriously bring ben carson with him?

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/834050041887195136

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DryGoods posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/834050590640533505

Every chance I get I'm denouncing Anti-Semitism. I do it all the time. My advisors are even like, "Hey Prez, we've got some big stuff to deal with, can we knock it off with defending the Jews for just one day?", and I just slowly shake my head.

It's gonna stop. It's stopping now. Anti Semitism over, see so simple what I can do in a day's work as President. Bing bing bing, just declare it and it's over. All must agree.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Serf posted:

trump has a jewish son-in-law and he literally does not give one poo poo about anti-semitism

he has a jewish daughter and he cares about it very muchly for three minutes after they talk to him about it.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

a.lo posted:

Hillary Clinton? Yeah, I'd vote for her.

Well as it turns out we don't need your vote :smug:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DryGoods posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/834050590640533505

Every chance I get I'm denouncing Anti-Semitism. I do it all the time. My advisors are even like, "Hey Prez, we've got some big stuff to deal with, can we knock it off with defending the Jews for just one day?", and I just slowly shake my head.

cant believe the president of the USA would denounce free speech like this. im disabled and make 13k a year i regret votijg for turmp!!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

You will not believe the amount of Jewish people that I work with that willingly blind themselves over all the poo poo thats about to go down.

Not only financially, but also all the antisemitism.

lol Jews are basically immune to antisemitism in a real policy way bc their WORDS ARE BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS

like seriously are we gonna trade the East Coast for refusing to allow jews to emigrate to Israel

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-oEFwmhf_0

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fren Ben :3:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Serf posted:

trump has a jewish son-in-law and he literally does not give one poo poo about anti-semitism

A reminder that one of the things he said during his Unabomber Manifesto of a press conference last week was that anti-semitism was all the Democrats' fault.

prefect posted:

Is it going to stop because they're going to deport all the Jews? :ohdear:

Also yes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Serf posted:

yeah, people don't really give a poo poo about policy. we're divided on hard lines between the right and the left and the centrists on both sides are fooling themselves (source: this previous election). there's no compromise, the other side isn't the competition, they're the enemy and people who don't recognize that are doomed to irrelevance as we move forward from here

it's pretty dumb to say that one election proves huge underlying cultural problems. the obummer years and dubya too were both pretty policy driven campaigns on the whole - there were some stupid as gently caress personal attacks but we most certainly did not have people ranting about nothing or talking about their dicks for any amount of time.

the largest problem is a high level misunderstanding on what the executive ACTUALLY DOES. it's loving retarded to say it's about economic anxiety because the executive does not, in fact, have a ton of control over the large-scale economy. domestic policy like that that's the legislature's job. the primary way the executive exercises domestic policy is deciding which laws they're going to focus on (like barry o did with the immigration policy, to zero fanfare or credit).

the actual power set of the executive lies in its foreign policy powers, which is actually what you should be voting for presidents over. the executive has gigantic amounts of latitude to make our foreign standing better or worse and it's important for them to understand that power and use it responsibly. very, very few voters understand this.

of course in this last election cycle it barely mattered because we had one of the most hawkish people of the last 30 years (with a long, long line questionable judgments in when to use force) and a cheeto with a diagnosable napoleon complex up for grabs. we were hosed no matter what in terms of the presidency.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wait is that a picture of Ben Carson on the wall there? :wth:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

"Look, Ben, it's you!"

Serf
May 5, 2011

everything is terrible

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the attitude era of american politics has too many storylines at once to really appreciate how hosed up some of them are

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hello i'm looking for the new trump thread.

i have a lot to say about trump.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
who?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lt. General Human Resources McMaster

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shovelbum posted:

lol Jews are basically immune to antisemitism in a real policy way bc their WORDS ARE BACKED BY NUCLEAR WEAPONS

like seriously are we gonna trade the East Coast for refusing to allow jews to emigrate to Israel

Thinking face

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Like seriously guys, I've been in the situation room, ready to launch a big terror raid, huge, biggest you've seen, and this general is telling me how he's going to send in some attack helicopters, best in the world and American made, and I'm like, "Whoa, hold up guys, if we divert those gunships will it leave any Jewish neighborhoods in danger from being attacked by Anti-Semites? We've got to protect our Jewish assets here guys.". I've gotten in hours long fights over this. Big fights. Nobody. NOBODY protects Jews as much as I do. Believe it.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

he has a jewish daughter and he cares about it very muchly for three minutes after they talk to him about it.

If it ever gets through his head that antisemites are threatening and insulting Ivanka, though, we might be in for quite the show :munch:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BeOSPOS posted:

Wait is that a picture of Ben Carson on the wall there? :wth:

:eyepop:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

FabioClone posted:

like what

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Serf posted:

the sad thing is that only places like c-spam and /pol/ recognize that he means the opposite of this actually

Well, if all the semites are dead as well as all references to them purged then it can hardly be argued that anyone will be anti-semitic going forwards

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FabioClone posted:

in two words or less, please describe your feelings about Trump

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

and here i thought nobody could look as uncomfortable as melania when a small handed man touched them

Serf
May 5, 2011

Coolguye posted:

it's pretty dumb to say that one election proves huge underlying cultural problems. the obummer years and dubya too were both pretty policy driven campaigns on the whole - there were some stupid as gently caress personal attacks but we most certainly did not have people ranting about nothing or talking about their dicks for any amount of time.

i mean i could cite the entirety of human history if you'd like, but the senile, unqualified right-wing reality tv populist beating out the milktoast centrist for control over the most powerful nation in the world seems like it pretty much says all you need about how things are going vis a vis our entirely hosed up situation

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/letsgomathias/status/834050746891001857

:tif:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

Make the tweet already

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Weeping Wound posted:

cool, good

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Coolguye posted:

you could always check out Turkmenistan if you'd like a taste of the future

speaking of, how many sugars and creams in your coffee

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Weeping Wound posted:

No Puppet.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

zegermans posted:

Coal miners should be out of work, their jobs poisons the entire country.

I grew up near this

Giant waste piles of coal and contaminated streams as far as the eye can see.

Find another fuckin job, any job, just not coal

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Weeping Wound posted:

lemon, wet

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Weeping Wound posted:

Trump bad

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

the attitude era of american politics has too many storylines at once to really appreciate how hosed up some of them are

When do we get someone to break kayfabe and spill the beans on some of the other storylines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

These were from the Dogville Comedies or "Barkies"

it was a play on Talkies you see, because they were small dogs

• Locked thread