Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

i wonder how upset trump was that he didnt get to meet frederick douglass

trump lives in a happier reality where frederick douglass drank in the infinity formula and lives forever as our version of nick fury

ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mlk has a real phd apparently not a d div

:ms:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Thanks for fixing the thread, its loading faster today. Like a fine tuned machine.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

boethius posted:

Sheriff Clarke's 18 inch Bobblehead

text me

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I feel like Sheriff Clarke would be an easy person to get kicked out of elected office given that he basically wins by running as a Dem constantly.

Or does he have a machine up there where all opponents get pulled over 10 times a day?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Citizen Tayne posted:

Laffo the gently caress do you mean one election, this is a direct repeat of 1980 in pretty much every way (but more worser)
this is a pretty hilarious misstatement of the situation if for no other reason than reagan won like 57% of the popular vote and almost 500 EVs - the centrists were with reagan. but even assuming it's everything you say it is you're still looking at two bad data points (one for his re-election as well), and no fewer than 8 otherwise reasonable data points afterward. we also elected warren harding with 404 EVs and like 60% of the popular vote, btw

euphronius posted:

Pastors are doctors like lawyers are doctors

Doctor of divinity lol
doctor of dick

Serf posted:

you keep on keepin on comrade
lol what

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Brain Curry posted:

Thomas's picture is above the Coke machine.

nice

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

DryGoods posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/834050590640533505

Every chance I get I'm denouncing Anti-Semitism. I do it all the time. My advisors are even like, "Hey Prez, we've got some big stuff to deal with, can we knock it off with defending the Jews for just one day?", and I just slowly shake my head.

look at token standing beside trump

because of course token would be there

Serf
May 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

I feel like Sheriff Clarke would be an easy person to get kicked out of elected office given that he basically wins by running as a Dem constantly.

Or does he have a machine up there where all opponents get pulled over 10 times a day?

well now you're just giving him ideas

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
At least Trump managed to hit the ball off the tee with the anti-semitism today. Last week a conservative jewish reporter lobbed him the biggest meatball and he was all "thats a very unfair question now sit down jew boy"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Coolguye posted:

this is a pretty hilarious misstatement of the situation if for no other reason than reagan won like 57% of the popular vote and almost 500 EVs - the centrists were with reagan. but even assuming it's everything you say it is you're still looking at two bad data points (one for his re-election as well), and no fewer than 8 otherwise reasonable data points afterward

In 1980, white Americans who were tired of the civil rights movements and identity politics of the 60s and 70s voted for a guy they saw act tough on television, because he promised that he would make everything better for them and that they wouldn't have to make any personal changes.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

so i guess this was supposed to make people post in more threads? i dont like this, its scary. how do i know i can even trust the people in other threads. thre might even be trump supporters lurking out there

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has this been posted?
Senior CIA analyst resigns because of President Trump's 'disturbing' actions in office
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cia-analyst-resigns-trump-disturbing-actions-article-1.2978009

quote:

Over a decade ago, Edward Price told his father that he was going to get a job at the Central Intelligence Agency. It wouldn’t just be his “first real job,” he told his dad — it would be his career, passion and life.

That all changed when President Donald Trump was elected.

“Despite working proudly for Republican and Democratic presidents, I reluctantly concluded that I cannot in good faith serve this administration as an intelligence professional,” Price, who had worked at the CIA since 2006, wrote in a resignation letter published in full by the Washington Post on Monday.
He devoted himself to the CIA as a college student, and worked under both President George W. Bush and President Barack Obama.
“Missing from the NSC’s principals committee were the CIA director and the director of national intelligence. Added to the roster: the president’s chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, who cut his teeth as a media champion of white nationalism,” Price wrote.
“To be clear, my decision had nothing to do with politics, and I would have been proud to again work under a Republican administration open to intelligence analysis,” Price wrote. “But this administration has flipped that dynamic on its head: The politicians are the ones tuning out the intelligence professionals.”

In conclusion, Price asserted that he still believes that the CIA will prevail. But, waving a warning rhetorical finger at Trump, Price said trust between the White House and the intelligence community will not build unless the new President is prepared to listen.

“Until that happens,” Price wrote, “President Trump and his team are doing another disservice to these dedicated men and women and the nation they proudly, if quietly, serve.”

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!

Weeping Wound posted:

in two words or less, please describe your feelings about Trump

Manchurian Hairpiece

Serf
May 5, 2011

babypolis posted:

so i guess this was supposed to make people post in more threads? i dont like this, its scary. how do i know i can even trust the people in other threads. thre might even be trump supporters lurking out there

all other threads are fake news. even the ones i post in

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 383 days!
I'm proud of my broken-brain president finally saying something about being mean to jews is bad, months after he was told to say something like this

small victories :unsmith:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Trump: "Anti-semitism is going to stop."
*Trump calls Bannon*
"Steve would you please tell your guys to cool it for a minute"

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

rear end cobra posted:

I wish I could try the timeline where Donald Trump is president of the United States of America, lol imagine that poo poo

It must be a great time to wake up out of a mult-decade coma. You get amazed with how far consumer tech has advanced as your surviving relatives show you a smart phone. Then you face slow, creeping dread as you accidently swipe open the news app and your family spends 15 mins convincing you the Pres Trump headline isn't a prank. Is the hospital policy now to make the patient ask three times before putting them back to sleep in an induced coma?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Ape of Naples posted:

Has this been posted?
Senior CIA analyst resigns because of President Trump's 'disturbing' actions in office
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/cia-analyst-resigns-trump-disturbing-actions-article-1.2978009

deep statist quitting, sad!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Weeping Wound posted:

you could always check out Turkmenistan if you'd like a taste of the future

speaking of, how many sugars and creams in your coffee

three sugars, and we kill anyone who puts cream in the coffee

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

oddium posted:

remember when the coal people used 16 tons in their commercial for how much coal rules

of course they did

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Has this been posted?

The real patriotic move would be to hang around and work against Trump.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

remember when the coal people used 16 tons in their commercial for how much coal rules

lol for real?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Citizen Tayne posted:

In 1980, white Americans who were tired of the civil rights movements and identity politics of the 60s and 70s voted for a guy they saw act tough on television, because he promised that he would make everything better for them and that they wouldn't have to make any personal changes.

you're not even talking about what i'm talking about anymore, you're getting into the liberal revolution -> conservative counter-revolution cycle that's happened like a half-dozen times in american history and way more in modern european history. the centrists, overall, were with reagan and they gave him his mandate and the latitude he needed to do what it is he was after. whether you agree that mandate or not 35 years later is a completely separate matter and definitely not one i'm going to get conned into arguing or defending.

centrists are not with donny t. it takes only a glance at his record-low job approval ratings and turmoil in the government to tell you that. that's what an anomalous data point looks like.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Has this been posted?

tfw your president sucks but you can't be assed to try and stop him

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

His approval ratings are going up up up !!

Apr 7, 2003

Coolguye posted:

you're not even talking about what i'm talking about anymore, you're getting into the liberal revolution -> conservative counter-revolution cycle that's happened like a half-dozen times in american history and way more in modern european history. the centrists, overall, were with reagan and they gave him his mandate and the latitude he needed to do what it is he was after. whether you agree that mandate with that or not 35 years later is a completely separate matter and definitely not one i'm going to get conned into arguing or defending.

centrists are not with donny t. it takes only a glance at his record-low job approval ratings and turmoil in the government to tell you that. that's what an anomalous data point looks like.

D&D is over there

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/mrochabrun/status/834051135472357376

it's a one-way wall

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Good god it's only been a month.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BeOSPOS posted:

lol for real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Feminasty Slut posted:

Thanks for fixing the thread, its loading faster today. Like a fine tuned machine.

did the old one get to 6969 pages or something

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

:toot:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Russia is arguably contiguous

Apr 7, 2003

BeOSPOS posted:

lol for real?

Yeah and it was GE lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/commer.../?client=safari

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump bad

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

Russia is arguably contiguous

so is the sea

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lmao

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

the new eo is gonna be revealed from on high today right oh man i'm so pumped for more downtown protests

also i'm sorry i ever doubted you euphronius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

did the old one get to 6969 pages or something

it started crashing important potatoes phones and here we are

• Locked thread