Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Yinlock posted:

milo's life being ruined has been the feel-good story of the year

And in the middle of what was going to be his best week ever. From trolling on HBO last Friday, to being the keynote speaker at CPAC this Friday, Milo was living the dream. Even better was the fact that he was taken down by the very conservatives he was hoping to win acceptance from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

DryGoods posted:

We just can't catch these Anti-Semites! They're very crafty criminals, whispers in the night. We don't know who they are and I'm not sure if we'll ever catch them, but we're on the case. I've got Steve Bannon heading up the Anti-Semite Taskforce and, I tell you, I ask him everyday have we caught these bad dudes and he just shrugs, "It's a mystery Mister President...They're ghosts!".

Bannon is just confused by what Trump meant by Anti-Semite Taskforce, just an honest mistake and Bannon promises he'll stop calling in bomb threats

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is the federal government run like a business yet

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

a.lo posted:

Is the federal government run like a business yet

Like a Trump business, yes.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

I have to imagine anyone unfortunate enough to stand between these two must get a shiver down their spine. like standing between two undead vampires

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Agrajag posted:

those two freak me out

and we proud nacirema had to spend $$$$$$ on secret service protection for that little dubai junket for them

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder how much federal money it cost for the secret service to guard uday and qusay through that dubai hotel opening

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

They think everything can easily be solved with algorithms, even GOTV

Heh, post the map :smug:

to be clear im not saying that

data really only makes sense in hindsight for poo poo like this

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

tacodaemon posted:

and we proud nacirema had to spend $$$$$$ on secret service protection for that little dubai junket for them

the trump kids should be jailed so as to minimize protection costs

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol if any country believes a word that comes out of trump's/pence's mouth. the only real truth is that of Bannon and Miller

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

zeal posted:

i wonder how much federal money it cost for the secret service to guard uday and qusay through that dubai hotel opening

About three fity

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
oh a new thread and a seemingly slow day in tormpistan

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Inkel posted:

A wild goon appears to defend Milo's honor

lol tolerant left

I love it when someone brings up the tolerance paradox. Here's some cold hard tolerance: After world war 2, nazis were executed, thrown into caves in a forest or buried and cemented in chalk mines in mind blowing numbers everywhere around europe, and nobody batted an eye. Where I'm from people still find human bones in mass graves in random places around the country from that time every two or three years. And now the political atmosphere is again getting ripe for this kind of bullshit to happen again. Probably in Russia this time, they're really doubling down on everything lovely right now, far harder than even Trump.

It's a really lovely thing to happen, nobody wants it to happen, but when you keep telling a group of people to stop making GBS threads on people at random for 10 years and they instead keep stepping their making GBS threads up, welp.

It's the ultimate result of any and every fascist movement in history, no matter how far back you go. Tolerant people aren't infinitely tolerant, and once you push too far, they'll push back. Unfortunately for the fascist, tolerant people are on average smarter than intolerant ones, and can read and understand weapon instructions beyond "pull trigger to kill".

unfortunately for the not fascists, often many the people who help overthrow the fascists also turn out to be fascists, because they weren't the correct kind of shitlord, but the process will repeat itself until they're diluted enough to not matter for a while

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

mister magpie posted:

oh a new thread and a seemingly slow day in tormpisstan

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

mister magpie posted:

pence looks like a fuckboi again so it's at least not boring

Serf
May 5, 2011

mister magpie posted:

new muslim ban should be coming soon, so hold onto your butt for that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you know what? it's a very good question

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

comingafteryouall posted:

Bannon is just confused by what Trump meant by Anti-Semite Taskforce, just an honest mistake and Bannon promises he'll stop calling in bomb threats

It's an honest mistake. Listen folks, we're trying real hard at the White House but...have you SEEN this mess I was left with by Obama?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a.lo posted:

you know what? it's a very good question

I like to imagine he just broke down in tears instead of giving an answer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CNN posted:

The Department of Homeland Security Tuesday officially laid out the Trump administration's plans for aggressive enforcement of immigration laws, including a potentially massive expansion of the number of people detained and deported.

The memos, which were obtained and reported on by CNN over the weekend, serve to expand upon the orders, which are unrelated to the controversial travel ban currently tied up in the courts and being re-written by the White House.

The guidance explains how the administration plans to put in place the goals dictated in Trump's executive orders, including vastly increasing the resources to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Protection, building a wall along the southern border and taking a hard-line position on undocumented immigrants.

For one, the implementation vastly grows the number of individuals who can be deported using "expedited removal" procedures, which affords immigrants almost no court proceedings. Under the new policy, if someone can't prove he or she has been living in the US continuously for two years, he or she could now be eligible for expedited removal. Previously, this was limited in practice to people apprehended within 100 miles of the border and who had arrived within the past two weeks.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the log lady is the president of the united states of america

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

mister magpie posted:

kinda creeped out that they've smartened up enough to do their dirty deeds behind closed doors

the spice must flow

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

zeal posted:

how many days was it? i hear its roughly 1mill a day to guard melania

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

TotalHell posted:

Like a Trump business, yes.

yes our federal gov is now officially a farcical joke

Serf
May 5, 2011

Truga posted:

lol tolerant left

tolerance is a dumb word for it anyway. tolerance sounds like you're just barely controlling your seething hatred for people different than you. i prefer acceptance. accept people for what they are, and hate them for that. i hate republicans and nazis (but nowadays i repeat myself lol), and i'm cool with bad things happening to them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

yes our federal gov is now officially a farcical joke

[extremely yinlock voice] was it ever not

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Truga posted:

lol tolerant left

lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

the black husserl posted:

kinda creeped out that they've smartened up enough to do their dirty deeds behind closed doors

the spice must flow

this was always going to happen, especially as they brought in department heads who could wrangle their various purviews.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Truga posted:

lol tolerant left

I love it when someone brings up the tolerance paradox. Here's some cold hard tolerance: After world war 2, nazis were executed, thrown into caves in a forest or buried and cemented in chalk mines in mind blowing numbers everywhere around europe, and nobody batted an eye. Where I'm from people still find human bones in mass graves in random places around the country from that time every two or three years. And now the political atmosphere is again getting ripe for this kind of bullshit to happen again. Probably in Russia this time, they're really doubling down on everything lovely right now, far harder than even Trump.

It's a really lovely thing to happen, nobody wants it to happen, but when you keep telling a group of people to stop making GBS threads on people at random for 10 years and they instead keep stepping their making GBS threads up, welp.

It's the ultimate result of any and every fascist movement in history, no matter how far back you go. Tolerant people aren't infinitely tolerant, and once you push too far, they'll push back. Unfortunately for the fascist, tolerant people are on average smarter than intolerant ones, and can read and understand weapon instructions beyond "pull trigger to kill".

unfortunately for the not fascists, often many the people who help overthrow the fascists also turn out to be fascists, because they weren't the correct kind of shitlord, but the process will repeat itself until they're diluted enough to not matter for a while

lol holy poo poo phanatic is a pedo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Agrajag posted:

how many days was it? i hear its roughly 1mill a day to guard melania

just presume it's eleventy billion dollars because if the service told donny t it was any less he'd say 'well thats not yuge enough'

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

the black husserl posted:

the spice must flow

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i always love the "centerists" saying "if they were a leftist you wouldn't be saying anything" like that's a defense

if they were leftist they wouldn't be doing the bad thing

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

mister magpie posted:

hey, he got to go with his black friend to visit the museum where frederick douglass lives

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
whoa that idiot brought up Roman Polanski in his rush to compare milo to totally okay and not deserving of death people.

Good job, guy.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/833271625508409345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

haha

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also when someone's first response when asked about pedophilia is to talk about the specific age of consent then uh :chloe:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
it says something about the trump presidency that rather than waiting for the agencies to get up to speed they mashed the big shiny button and yelled "we're doing it live" :byodood:

namely it says that we're all going to die

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol of course someone would post in support of milo

yeah this owns

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Coolguye posted:

just presume it's eleventy billion dollars because if the service told donny t it was any less he'd say 'well thats not yuge enough'

at least we know trump has been paying his fair share of taxes over the years to help cover it haahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

i feel like at this point you have to call it the tolerant left every time just like we call them the failing new york times

• Locked thread