Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

If Punisher can spend his downtime baiting and killing pedos on the internet, there's no way freaking Sin-eater or something isn't googling himself nonstop and making a "to-murder" list.

You'd piss off Carnage, who canonically has the ability to kill people over the Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can only dream of going out like that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would just find somewhere to sell information and sell a few "no one else knows secrets" for some cash then go live in the woods nd hope it'll be a while before someone tracks me down.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I would just find somewhere to sell information and sell a few "no one else knows secrets" for some cash then go live in the woods nd hope it'll be a while before someone tracks me down.

Eaten by a Wendigo while smoking celebratory cigar.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

WickedHate posted:

You'd be safe as long as you stayed generally polite and didn't bump into some quiet loner then go "hey buddy, you got a problem or something?".

According to Gwenpool even if you don't have powers as long as you buy a costume you're safe

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

According to Gwenpool even if you don't have powers as long as you buy a costume you're safe

Tell that to the first 17 Machetes, and 3/4 of underage X-men recruits.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 20, 2017

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Surge is my X-Men waifu and I have a baller pitch for a solo series if anyone here is a Marvel rep.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd be the guy who interrupts a 1980s Spider-Man story three times an issue for a single page of a seemingly unrelated and rather boring interlude, all building to something down the road that gets abandoned because they hired a new writer who wasn't interested in the previous guy's pet character.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I think the last time she showed up she was being used as a bomb by mutant extremists, back in... the San Fransisco days, I wanna say? But they saved her, so at least there's that.

Anyway, have a funny.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

KaosMachina posted:

I think the last time she showed up she was being used as a bomb by mutant extremists, back in... the San Fransisco days, I wanna say? But they saved her, so at least there's that.

Anyway, have a funny.

Are they doing an ambush bug series again? I like the mad man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm posting something from the last The Flintstones because I'm pretty sure the script for this page comes from an actual leaked White House recording:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If it was a white house recording then Clod would have already demolished the hospital and put Grog in charge of making sure it never got rebuilt.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
You go to war with the dinosaurs you have, not the dinosaurs you want.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

It's a really slow burn, but every time I see a page from that book I start to like it more and more. By this time next year I might actually buy an issue.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Not gonna lie, those dinosaurs playing checkers with their teeth because they can't reach the board with their hands made me smile.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Tell that to the first 17 Machetes, and 3/4 of underage X-men recruits.

That may be, but wearing a costume definitely gives you a chance of living that your Average Joe simply doesn't get in a comic. Even if you say "Well I'd just move out of NYC since that's where the bad things happen", then you're rolling the dice and hoping your new town doesn't end up completely annihilated as part of some event.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I'm sure that's probably just a Silver Age fake-out cover but just looking at it I am amazed that Grant Morrison never brought this guy back during his Batman run.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I wanna know more about them corpses

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I'm sure that's probably just a Silver Age fake-out cover but just looking at it I am amazed that Grant Morrison never brought this guy back during his Batman run.

I was reading through an old collection and got to an issue where the villain was a caveman trapped in a block of ice, who could magically fly around and somehow move his body and bonk people with a club while still encased.

I looked it up and he was used exactly once :(

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I feel like Batman comics always perfectly encapsulate the era they're printed in. Wasn't their a study done years ago that show he's the single most prolific comic character by a wide margin?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I am 99% sure he makes an appearance, but it's nonspeaking.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I'm surprised that what I assumed was a joke villain made up for Bizarro Comics was actually a real one-off character. The backstory and premise just seemed so goofy...

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I have this issue. I love this issue.

He went to college with Bruce Wayne and recognizes him by his cologne. I forget the bullshit they used to outsmart him, but he had a cool concept of being the crime eraser; where he'd "erase" the evidence at a crime scene. Really can't believe he hasn't been used in the last twenty years. He's at the top of my list after Batmanga and Morrison used Death Man.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He's used all the time he just erases the evidence of it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

I think one of the Lego Batman Movie blind bag figures are of this guy. I don't know how accurate the blind bag bump codes are this series or else I'd probably be trying to get one of him because he struck me as sort of a fun odd Lego minifig design.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's Batman #372, and he's using the term in its original meaning to refer to an object to which supernatural power is ascribed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm still gonna laugh at it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Didn't he fuse with Bastion at one point?

Master Mold merged with Nimrod. The X-Men kept trashing the thing, but it kept reforming it - so they forced it through the Siege Perilous.

When it came out, it re-emerged as Bastion.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Red posted:

Master Mold merged with Nimrod. The X-Men kept trashing the thing, but it kept reforming it - so they forced it through the Siege Perilous.

That's some sweet letter-drawing in those speech bubbles. :allears:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

prefect posted:

That's some sweet letter-drawing in those speech bubbles. :allears:

Almost makes up for Dazzler's derpy eyes in the last panel.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

"Holy hotdogs, Batman! A lady... with a penis?!"

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Red posted:

Two rear end shots within three panels. Comics were certainly more efficient with space in those days.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I didn't know Rogue was actually wearing Ms Marvel's costume.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Armored Psylocke best Psylocke.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Soonmot posted:

Wow, I didn't know Rogue was actually wearing Ms Marvel's costume.

That is when carol took over Rogue

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Red posted:

In an industry full of fabulous hair and huge bandoliers, you know Longshot has it made when it's still distinct enough to recognize him with those alone.

...I'm hoping that actually is Longshot, it's been ages since I've read that :downs:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Section Z posted:

In an industry full of fabulous hair and huge bandoliers, you know Longshot has it made when it's still distinct enough to recognize him with those alone.

...I'm hoping that actually is Longshot, it's been ages since I've read that :downs:

I thought it was Dazzler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

I thought it was Dazzler.

I thought it was Dazzler wearing some of Longshot's clothes.