Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really see what Polanski and Dunham (possibly maybe? idk I barely know who she is) being pedos has to do with Milo being a pedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Schadenfreude Thread: Actually just a bunch of tu quoque posts.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

I don't really see what Polanski and Dunham (possibly maybe?) being pedos has to do with Milo being a pedo.

Sometimes moral equivalency is all you have left

lfield
May 10, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

She talked about bribing her sister with sweets and treats to kiss and touch her, likening it to the tactics of a sexual predator. Like, those are literally her words.

You're falling for it, dummy.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Can you people shut the gently caress up and put more funny schadenfeude for us lurkers?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ElGroucho posted:

I left my wallet in my car, but rest assured, if I get back from lunch and the situation hasn't been remedied, the market will correct itself

Feel free to suggest pictures my friends

I vote for the long Milo face.

https://twitter.com/fart/status/833811155948691456

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Phanatic posted:

Woody Allen. David Lynch. Martin Scorsese. Darren Aronofsky. Wim Wenders. Harvey Weinstein. Tilda Swinton. Terry Gilliam. Michael Mann. Wes Anderson. A bunch of others.

You're not arguing with any of them, you're arguing with an internet forum. Hope that helps.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Phanatic posted:

Huh? If the person is above the age of consent, then it's not statutory rape. That's what "statutory" means there. If the person is too young to consent, it's statutory rape, but someone who is of the age of consent is not too young to consent.

Oh, so it was (a).

Well, upon further research this morning, it seems that different states have different laws about this. And some do, in fact, consider 16-year-olds fair game for everyone, even though that's super creepy. But there is a difference between the age at which children are allowed to gently caress each other and the age at which adults are allowed to gently caress children. Unfortunately for this conversation, these are both sometimes called "age of consent" apparently. So, just because a child can consent to some sex doesn't mean they can consent to all sex, and regardless of the law, a fully grown adult having sex with a 16-year-old is still super creepy. I hope I don't have to explain why.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

lfield posted:

You're falling for it, dummy.

Eh, it's a sore point. However minor, sexual abuse getting treated as a joke or being downplayed makes me very angry. :shobon:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Phanatic posted:

Woody Allen. David Lynch. Martin Scorsese. Darren Aronofsky. Wim Wenders. Harvey Weinstein. Tilda Swinton. Terry Gilliam. Michael Mann. Wes Anderson. A bunch of others.

Whoopi Goldberg went so far as to say that drugging a 13-year old into a semiconscious state and sodomizing her while she pleads for you to stop is "Rape, but it's not *rape* rape."
http://jezebel.com/5369395/whoopi-on-roman-polanski-it-wasnt-rape-rape

Hey

hey

hey

hey

go gently caress yourself bitchboy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

Eh, it's a sore point. However minor, sexual abuse getting treated as a joke or being downplayed makes me very angry. :shobon:

https://donate.rainn.org/

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

She talked about bribing her sister with sweets and treats to kiss and touch her, likening it to the tactics of a sexual predator. Like, those are literally her words.

Hmm, fascinating!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blMxB09L5q0

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Is "But the pebbles!!!" the new "But her emails!!!"?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Is "But the pebbles!!!" the new "But her emails!!!"?

wait a minute ...

:pwn:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Phanatic posted:

Huh? If the person is above the age of consent, then it's not statutory rape. That's what "statutory" means there. If the person is too young to consent, it's statutory rape, but someone who is of the age of consent is not too young to consent.

The tolerant left hates Milo because he says offensive things so is using this as a pretext. Meanwhile Lena Dunham brags about actually raping her toddler sister (literally, she inserted pebbles into her vagina, that meets the statutory definition of rape in most states), and that gets excused as a youthful exploration and Girls stays on the air for years afterwards. Dunham, darling of the left, engaged in actual literal pedophilia, her book deal does not get canceled. Milo's, who says the age of consent laws are "probably the right age," does. Polanski drugs and rapes a 13-year old who is pleading "no" over and over again and people sign a petition for his exoneration because he makes good movies.

So, c: if Milo were a leftist or Hollywood darling instead of an alt-right troll nobody on the left would raise a peep over this.

Source your quotes please.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Source your quotes please.

Slate proving my point. Says the exact things Milo did, resulted in no controversy at all.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2012/12/11/kevin_clash_allegations_sex_with_underage_teens_does_not_equal_pedophelia.html

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Stex T posted:

She was. I remember seeing the news report on that on youtube, and then reading the comments (big mistake).

You really begin to sympathize with her once you've read paragraphs written by people who've never met her about how that BITCH SLUT deserves to GO TO HELL.

http://www.snopes.com/baseball-stealing-woman-identified/

I kinda wish they did though

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Something about these tiny little offenses bothers me more than literal crime. That woman has made the world a worse place to live, and people like her need to be made an example of. And then I remember that it's a bad idea to make "Being a bad person" a crime.

Still, if I were Supreme Dictator, she'd get at least 5 years to think about her choices in life.

Same here. Those images were not schadenfreude. I want god drat schadenfreude!!! Like another fly ball pops her right in her dumb face.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
Can't we all at least agree that this poo poo is wrong and we shouldn't pull an England and let these people stay on the air/in the public life if we can help it?

Kick them all out of Hollywood, cancel their shows, start prosecuting those who we can, and those who cover it up.

I mean, it may not be rape rape, Woopie, but it is still rape. So we should act upon that fact alone. Also, it probably is rape rape so let's let a jury have their fair shake at it.

Edit: not saying justice wasn't done with the Woopie thing, but WTF. How can you not say drugging a literal child in order to forcefully have sex with said child isn't rape rape?

Two Feet From Bread has a new favorite as of 18:04 on Feb 21, 2017

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every leftist i know who knows who Lena Dunham is hates her for being a piece of poo poo and the creepy poo poo she did anyway :goleft:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

So what's your point again? Is Milo an rear end in a top hat or isn't he?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Yea, Clash still works on Sesame Street while Milo lost a book deal, pretty huge hypocrisy here.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh wait no he doesn't, there was actually a pretty big to-do about all that and you're an idiot.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

NLJP posted:

edit: besides he should have been ostracised earlier for almost literally everything else he's said and done so I'm afraid I'm only getting a hollow chuckle out of this one. The right's determination to travel as far along the path as they did with Milo until now is still a terrible indictment of the current movement.
This is a good way of summing up my inability to figure out whether their condemnation of Milo only now, over pedophilia, is hypocritical or not.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbU8B-QVZk

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Many decades from now when Phanatic shuffles off this mortal coil, I hope his gravestone just reads "ACTUALLY,"

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

edit: ah forget it who cares

NLJP has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Feb 21, 2017

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

new failarmy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7GhOxdWngg

My favourite is at 5:23, that's a pretty neat trick

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Grem posted:

Yea, Clash still works on Sesame Street while Milo lost a book deal, pretty huge hypocrisy here.

I'm not talking about Clash (who resigned and was not fired), I'm talking about the Slate editor who wrote:

quote:

my concern is with the unfair and inaccurate attachment of the word “pedophile” to Clash. Because even if all of these allegations turn out to be true, none of them actually qualifies him as having that pitiable condition.

Pedophilia is defined by the DSM as an attraction to prepubescent children (generally 13 and under), which, as far as we know, does not apply to Clash.

As opposed to these fantasy victims, the real-life accusers (all 15 or 16 at the time of the alleged interactions) are not quite the same thing as “children.”

Gay teens have been known to seek out relationships with older men—as Singleton himself said he did before becoming involved with Clash—due to isolation (straight kids generally have their pick of “age-appropriate” partners, which is not always true of gays), curiosity, or even just horniness. Of course, while these relationships may be consensual in spirit, they are against the law depending on the somewhat arbitrary determination of what constitutes the “age of consent” in each state. Still, I know many gay men who have been on the younger end of this kind of situation; many only look back on it with fondness, gratitude, or sometimes even condescension at the silly old people they used to get rides and alcohol.

That's all exactly what Milo said. It's every bit as creepy as what Milo said. It's every bit as much of a defense of pedophilia as what Milo said. But that guy's still a Slate editor, he's still writing columns for them. How anyone can claim the furor over Milo isn't about who he is rather than what he said is asinine.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Still LOLing, thanks to whoever it was that saved me $10

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

Still LOLing, thanks to whoever it was that saved me $10

Got a laugh out of me which is more than I can say for most red titles.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Look, this person defending pedophilia can't possibly be a bad person because other pedophiles and people defending pedophilia also exist.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

Slappy Pappy posted:

Save us, Say Nothing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Can't we all at least agree that this poo poo is wrong and we shouldn't pull an England and let these people stay on the air/in the public life if we can help it?

Kick them all out of Hollywood, cancel their shows, start prosecuting those who we can, and those who cover it up.

I mean, it may not be rape rape, Woopie, but it is still rape. So we should act upon that fact alone. Also, it probably is rape rape so let's let a jury have their fair shake at it.

Edit: not saying justice wasn't done with the Woopie thing, but WTF. How can you not say drugging a literal child in order to forcefully have sex with said child isn't rape rape?

If I remember correctly, a jury DID have a fair shake at the Polanski case. He ran off after sentencing because he thought the judge might change the sentence from time already served to an actual prison sentence suitable for someone who drugged and raped a 13 year-old. But apparently his films are good, so that makes it ok.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Famous people get into more trouble for the stupid poo poo they say, more news at 11.

Let's move on to a more palatable subject. Hate crime laws, maybe?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

If I remember correctly, a jury DID have a fair shake at the Polanski case. He ran off after sentencing because he thought the judge might change the sentence from time already served to an actual prison sentence suitable for someone who drugged and raped a 13 year-old. But apparently his films are good, so that makes it ok.

Then don't watch Polanski's movies and go write a letter to CPAC and tell them how bad and wrong they are. If you are mad that humans do not adhere to strict rational formulas when they judge each other you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kingdoms of Amalur was a pretty fun game and the true schadenfreude is that I'll never get to play a more polished sequel for it. :(

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bates posted:

Then don't watch Polanski's movies and go write a letter to CPAC and tell them how bad and wrong they are. If you are mad that humans do not adhere to strict rational formulas when they judge each other you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment.

I don't watch Polanski's movies and I don't know what CPAC is. Is it some sort of gay thing? 'Cos I'm flattered, but I'm not interested. Sorry, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Stare-Out posted:

Kingdoms of Amalur was a pretty fun game and the true schadenfreude is that I'll never get to play a more polished sequel for it. :(

This game pissed me off, since the crafted gear looked like poo poo, but was so much better statwise than the glowing sword of infinite doom you found.