Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

There's only about 100 calories in a pat of butter and the point of bulletproof coffee is that it's a meal replacer for the huge load of carbs people eat every morning. A tablespoon of butter is, calorically, about equivalent to the amount of milk you're putting in your cereal in the morning.

I think it's much weirder to start your day with a quarter to a half of a cup of sugar and the better part of a thousand calories worth of grain and milk than it is to put a dollop of unsalted kerrygold in your coffee in the morning. Considering how many people 25-40 are doing it right now I doubt many people would ask a lot of questions about it. You know what would be weird, though? Grilling your coworker and making a bunch of smug and snide insinuations. That's not a thing normal people do, lol.

Stiamdt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mozi posted:

the (ancient Chinese) secret is to make sure there is THC in the butter or coconut oil

:ssh: you're not supposed to tell anyone

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Your gut makes a poo poo ton more butyrate from the fermentation of fiber by bacteria in your gut than is in some dumb grass fed butter.

Put some metamucil in that coffee instead.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I put vegan butter in my coffee :smuggo:

It doesn't melt :(

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

dead gay son posted:

Hey goons. Any of you do the bulletproof coffee in the mornings? I'm not talking about buying the branded mix bs, but doing the butter, coconut oil, and coffee for a high fat, low carb breakfast.

Cutting out sugar is great, but now I'm thinking of doing the high fat thing. Any advice or past experiences would be appreciated.

I lost 40lbs doing keto a few years ago. My buddy is doing it this year and said he is using bp coffee to hit his fat macros.

Honestly though I didn't worry about macros very much when I did it. The actual reason you lose weight is because the fat keeps you from being hungry and in the end you have a huge calorie deficit at the end of the day.

Water weight goes down a lot during induction and you gain it all back when you're back on carbs FYI. I fluctuated like 10 lbs but I wrestled for a long time and putting on/taking off water was the only reason I was decent at it.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

can I put the butter and oil in a can of diet red bull. does it have to be coffee?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Kruxy posted:

yum yum starting my morning off with a big ole cup of greasy coffee. slides right down

Slides right out too

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Good butter is expensive. Use vegetable or motor oil instead.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I slide a donut in my coffee every morn.

Nah just kidding, like I've said before I just crush up a caffeine pill into a Dixie of well water

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Putting anything in coffee should be illegal imo

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hardawn posted:

I slide a donut in my coffee every morn.

Nah just kidding, like I've said before I just crush up a caffeine pill into a Dixie of well water

* flash back to gym guys discussing their ECA stacks in the locker room 12 years ago *
* they're sucking each others dicks now, flashback over *

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Dave_Indeed posted:

* flash back to gym guys discussing their ECA stacks in the locker room 12 years ago *
* they're sucking each others dicks now, flashback over *

If it aint suppository it's not my Symposium imo

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I drink black coffee, eat a banana and a yogurt

Or I guess you could drink a jar of butter every morning, that sounds good too

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I drink black coffee in the morning, no breakfast, no lunch, small snack at 7 PM, big meal at 11 PM. Some people do long fasting periods like this on purpose, I just do it because it kind of happened naturally.

Anyway, I don't put butter in my coffee.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I have been doing keto for 3 weeks now, I dropped 25lbs, I did bulletproof coffee once (lost 2lbs that day because i thought i was going to die) and never again.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It seems like a solid idea but needs protein brb making beef jerky powder

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

shovelbum posted:

It seems like a solid idea but needs protein brb making beef jerky powder

They already make that! They sell it in little tins like tobacco!

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Flaggy posted:

I have been doing keto for 3 weeks now, I dropped 25lbs, I did bulletproof coffee once (lost 2lbs that day because i thought i was going to die) and never again.

evacuating your bowels while crying on the toilet for 4 hours does not count as losing weight

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i only buy free range free trade organic wild buffalo pemmican-style jerky for $10 a gram

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kruxy posted:

evacuating your bowels while crying on the toilet for 4 hours does not count as losing weight

thats not what realhealthforyou.com said

or ketoholisticweightlossapproach.com

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nolan Arenado posted:

They already make that! They sell it in little tins like tobacco!

Also evidently they make beef gelatin protein powder my Cowffee energy drink is gonna make me some real moo lah

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Powdered peanuts makes my shake better, plus I get to potentially poison my FIL cuz of his weak genetics

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Flaggy posted:

I have been doing keto for 3 weeks now, I dropped 25lbs,

This sounds...drastic

E: oh, it's a joke

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
same, but meth

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Toadvine posted:

This sounds...drastic

E: oh, it's a joke

No, that's completely typical

Most of it's water weight but you'll usually drop a lot the first month.

I lost 70 pounds in 6 months, it happens real fast. It's also incredibly unhealthy to lose that much weight that quickly, as evidenced by the likely life-long problems I developed as a result.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

*loses 12 lbs in three days*
*doesn't understand water weight*
*doesn't lose any weight for three days, gets angry, stress eats and gains 18 lbs*

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I did a paleo butter coffee CrossFit stack today and now I'm a gay baby, or gayby if you will.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mirthless posted:

No, that's completely typical

Most of it's water weight but you'll usually drop a lot the first month.

I lost 70 pounds in 6 months, it happens real fast. It's also incredibly unhealthy to lose that much weight that quickly, as evidenced by the likely life-long problems I developed as a result.

Bullshit. Where you lost roughly two pounds a week over six months which is a little overboard, 25 pounds in 3 weeks is just over a pound a day.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Toadvine posted:

Bullshit. Where you lost roughly two pounds a week over six months which is a little overboard, 25 pounds in 3 weeks is just over a pound a day.

...Yeah, but 10-15 pounds of that is water weight and it's going to shed in the first week or two. The first 15 pounds of weight loss always come absurdly quickly, especially if you're already pretty fat to begin with.

I easily dropped 20 pounds the first month I was on the diet. Those results are completely typical with keto.

Keto works extremely well at dropping weight, you can indeed eat tons and tons of bacon and cheese and eggs and fat all day long and still lose weight rapidly. The problem is that your body isn't meant for this and you're slowly killing yourself with sodium and cholesterol.

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

sounds like flim-flam quackery

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The semirecent unspoken "no more fad weight loss strategies" rule n fitness YLLS threads has probably saved at least 3 goons

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mirthless posted:

...Yeah, but 10-15 pounds of that is water weight and it's going to shed in the first week or two. The first 15 pounds of weight loss always come absurdly quickly, especially if you're already pretty fat to begin with.

I easily dropped 20 pounds the first month I was on the diet. Those results are completely typical with keto.

Keto works extremely well at dropping weight, you can indeed eat tons and tons of bacon and cheese and eggs and fat all day long and still lose weight rapidly. The problem is that your body isn't meant for this and you're slowly killing yourself with sodium and cholesterol.

And you said you have potentially life-long complications as a result? Is that typical also?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Lifehack netsecrets BREAKfast tips 'n trix: if you don't have muscles yet, consider drinking a glass of milk with protein powder and a fiber + protein dense cereal like kashi or shredded wheat, instead of watching an asian muscle twink on youtube slam 50 pancakes 2 plates of eggs and a vat of fat 'n beans and emulating him

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im trying to lose ten pounds

i know all i need to do is stop drinking beer lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Toadvine posted:

And you said you have potentially life-long complications as a result? Is that typical also?

No, but it's not incredibly uncommon, either. Gall bladder failure is probably going to happen to everybody who does Keto for an extended period of time, though. High fat + Rapid weight loss = dead gall bladder. That organ is a lot more useful than I ever gave it credit for when I still had it. :(

Like I said, I don't really recommend it.

I don't regret doing it - I think it saved my life, to be honest - but I followed a lot of bad advice on that diet and having to give up spicy food and dealing with persistent nausea all the time sucks hard. Back when I still posted on Reddit I tried really hard to add good advice to the Keto discussions there but those people are like a loving cult and they won't accept any criticism of their ~Magic Starvation Diet~ so, inevitably, a lot more people out there are going to jump on the Block of Cheese and Pound of Bacon diet and run into a lot of the same problems I did

If I did it all over again I'd change my carb limit from 20 a day to 80, eat a lot more fiber and a lot less saturated fat.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 21, 2017

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
some one post the picture of the guy drinking beef fat in his coffee please

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

im trying to lose ten pounds

i know all i need to do is stop drinking beer lol

Some things just aren't worth it, friend.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Neutrino posted:

a strip of bacon as a coffee stirrer
i whole heartedly recommend you switch to stirring with a buttered hotdog
corner store hotdog stirring corner store coffee changed my life

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i tried the keto thing because every time i would eat carbs i would feel tired and like poo poo but come to find out its basically impossible to get your full calorie load on nothing but fat and protien in a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I put butter on and in everything, e.g. a half stick of butter on my steak and a full stick of butter in my rear end. I am lean and swole and also dead and gay.

• Locked thread