Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Hey goons. Any of you do the bulletproof coffee in the mornings? I'm not talking about buying the branded mix bs, but doing the butter, coconut oil, and coffee for a high fat, low carb breakfast.

Cutting out sugar is great, but now I'm thinking of doing the high fat thing. Any advice or past experiences would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
From my experience eating a lot of fat tends to make you fat, if that's what you're asking.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Can someone posts the bacon thread

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I never heard of that but I think it sounds like a bad idea.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Try it at work, "no I'm just putting butter in my coffee, it's totally normal"

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Try it at work, "no I'm just putting butter in my coffee, it's totally normal"

Yeah. Bizzare that people would put dairy fat in their coffee.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It tastes loving gross and it's not like creamer is high in sugar or something

Also the cultlike attitude of people who can't shut the gently caress up about it make me hate it and then irrationally more than I normally would hate something

Also I am a gay man

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

dead gay son posted:

Yeah. Bizzare that people would put dairy fat in their coffee.

Diary fat is fine, putting a stick of butter is not!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Teikanmi posted:

Also I am a gay man

Same. And thanks for sharing your BP coffee experience.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Can someone posts the bacon thread

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i had 4 eggs 4 bacon and 3 beers for dinner :chef: :cheers:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
BP Coffee is Soylent for New Yorkers.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Much better to do full keto + intermittent fasting with BCAA stacking and a workout right before you break your fast. Stick to black coffee and sugar/calorie free drinks all day. Only eat in a 4-8 hour window each day, get swole and lean.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
1. Cover 1 stick butter with egg and roll in flour
2. Fry in a pan of coconut or vegetable oil until golden brown
3. Dip in melted chocolate or cheese, whichever you prefer
4. Refrigerate until solid
5. Become healthy

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I tried it out for a few weeks but the effects didn't seem markedly different from coffee with cream in it.

naem
May 29, 2011

I think that, like all diets, this one works if you "eat less"

"Eat less, also maybe do some sit-ups" that is the secret

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Me making coffee in the morning

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

if putting coconut oil instead of cream in coffee counts as bulletproof coffee then i whole heartedly endorse it

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah butter in coffee is way better than milk/cream. I don't know why that makes it bulletproof, I suspect a bullet might still harm my coffee.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i miss dunking buttered toast in my coffee

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I ordered some of that dumb oil so I can put butter in my coffee because I have free 2-day shipping from amazon

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The worst part about it is the name. Why bulletproof? Is it just to make people say "what are you talking about" so you can smugly explain your gross butter coffee to them?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Is this the coffee enema thing or nah?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Who doesn't enjoy a good dollop?

e: good healthy dollop

Hardawn fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 21, 2017

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I need to try this, it sounds awful.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I take my coffee with three pumps

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Feb 21, 2017

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I use a strip of bacon as a coffee stirrer to mix 3 tablespoons of sugar. This one trick will make heart surgeons crazy.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Friginator posted:

From my experience eating a lot of fat tends to make you fat, if that's what you're asking.

yeeeaah that's not how it works.

But putting good quality butter (not that Land 'o Lakes stuff) in your good quality coffee is very tasty and does indeed satisfy your appetite. But unless you are going to buy good butter, it absolutely is not worth it. Even if you do buy good butter, the chances are that you won't make a habit of putting butter in your coffee. I can't speak to the coconut oil, however. At that point you might as well just go to Starbucks.

And it's like a PAT OF BUTTER, not a stick you buffoons. Moderation.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
isn'tt this just the stuff Sherpas drink to calorie load while hauling huge loads up and down miles of mountains? You know the same typical calorie burning an average suburbanite office worker does daily?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Did bacon goon die?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
S.R.E.A.M.

Stomach rules everything around me

Get on top

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I never heard of that but I think it sounds like a bad idea.

Teikanmi posted:

It tastes loving gross and it's not like creamer is high in sugar or something

Also the cultlike attitude of people who can't shut the gently caress up about it make me hate it and then irrationally more than I normally would hate something

Also I am a gay man

these two goons think salted butter is the only kind that exists

I did Keto for six months and lost 70 pounds but my gall bladder died and I seem to have developed permanent digestive issues, that's my bacon diet story goons, I really don't recommend it

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 21, 2017

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

yeeeaah that's not how it works.

But putting good quality butter (not that Land 'o Lakes stuff) in your good quality coffee is very tasty and does indeed satisfy your appetite. But unless you are going to buy good butter, it absolutely is not worth it. Even if you do buy good butter, the chances are that you won't make a habit of putting butter in your coffee. I can't speak to the coconut oil, however. At that point you might as well just go to Starbucks.

And it's like a PAT OF BUTTER, not a stick you buffoons. Moderation.

What in your opinion is the highest quality butter that I should be putting into my coffee? And how do I explain to my coworkers that literally eating butter for breakfast will cause me to lose weight seeing as I'm pushing 300 pounds and live a completely sedentary life revolving around IT tickets and Call of Duty?

EDIT

Does this work with other drinks too? How much weight can I expect to lose by putting high quality butter into my lunchtime diet mountain dew?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

935 posted:

What in your opinion is the highest quality butter that I should be putting into my coffee? And how do I explain to my coworkers that literally eating butter for breakfast will cause me to lose weight seeing as I'm pushing 300 pounds and live a completely sedentary life revolving around IT tickets and Call of Duty?

EDIT

Does this work with other drinks too? How much weight can I expect to lose by putting high quality butter into my lunchtime diet mountain dew?

There's only about 100 calories in a pat of butter and the point of bulletproof coffee is that it's a meal replacer for the huge load of carbs people eat every morning. A tablespoon of butter is, calorically, about equivalent to the amount of milk you're putting in your cereal in the morning.

I think it's much weirder to start your day with a quarter to a half of a cup of sugar and the better part of a thousand calories worth of grain and milk than it is to put a dollop of unsalted kerrygold in your coffee in the morning. Considering how many people 25-40 are doing it right now I doubt many people would ask a lot of questions about it. You know what would be weird, though? Grilling your coworker and making a bunch of smug and snide insinuations. That's not a thing normal people do, lol.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 21, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I first learned about the power of butter at 18,000 above sea level, near Mt. Kailash in Tibet.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the (ancient Chinese) secret is to make sure there is THC in the butter or coconut oil

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Knob of butter

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I staggered into a guest house from the negative 10-degree weather and was literally rejuvenated by a creamy cup of yak butter tea. The biohacker in me asked, “why?”

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

myDad posted:

Me making coffee in the morning

that guy is high as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruxy
May 19, 2004

Just a steel town girl on
a Saturday night, looking
for the fight of her life

yum yum starting my morning off with a big ole cup of greasy coffee. slides right down

• Locked thread