Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I've heard of pineapple on pizza, but PIZZA on a PINEAPPLE?!

:drat:
:boom:
:drat:
:boom:

Pizza in the morning,

Pizza in the evenin',
Pizza at suppertime!
When pizza's on a pineapple,
You can eat pizza anytime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Samizdata posted:

Pizza in the morning,

Pizza in the evenin',
Pizza at suppertime!
When pizza's on a pineapple,
You can eat pizza anytime!

I like to imagine this commercial ends with the person chewing through the side of the pineapple without peeling it and crying as the pineapple juices stain their lacerated lips. The whole thing just ends in a smear of blood, sauce, and pineapple juice.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Toast is just air pizza

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flipperwaldt posted:

No formal guidelines. Pizza ethics, maybe.

Its ethics in pizza making

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

HappyKitty posted:

Toast is just air pizza

Then what is pizza toast?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I like to imagine this commercial ends with the person chewing through the side of the pineapple without peeling it and crying as the pineapple juices stain their lacerated lips. The whole thing just ends in a smear of blood, sauce, and pineapple juice.

Not good without a limp slice of pepperoni slowly sliding off their bleeding frown.

ANNNNNNND CUT!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Samizdata posted:

Not good without a limp slice of pepperoni slowly sliding off their bleeding frown.

ANNNNNNND CUT!

In the next stage of the campaign, someone tries to open a durian by slamming their face into it repeatedly and then when they raise their lacerated face to the camera to reveal that their eyes have been crushed and are dripping milky fluid down their face, someone Frisbees a pizza at their bleeding eye sockets.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Gonna stab someone with hundreds of bananas and leave the bananas embedded in their corpse and stick a pizza bagel on each one like a great tropical pizzacupine.

YOU CAN HAVE PIZZA ANYTIME

fake edit: I am having a time today.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
sometimes even good photography can't save a dish

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

tuna mayo on canned peaches?

mustard wrapped in deli ham covered in thin omelette and mayo + parsley?

a literal bowl of dog food?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

tuna mayo on canned peaches?

mustard wrapped in deli ham covered in thin omelette and mayo + parsley?

a literal bowl of dog food?

#BelgiumStapleFood

Tuna peach
Chicory gratin
"Prepared American"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pech alį frog

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

"Prepared American"

The American in me needs to know exactly what this means.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008

Ramos posted:

I'm guessing tartare a.k.a. filet américain.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Ramos posted:

basically raw meat and mayo. In our collective imaginary Americans are beefy and/or fat, hence the name

also we have the "Strong American" sauce to further feed this stereotype

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

basically raw meat and mayo. In our collective imaginary Americans are beefy and/or fat, hence the name

As a beefy fat American, I want this sauce. I NEED this sauce. Mostly because it will relevé my goūt.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

yes i want to know more

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

MissEchelon posted:

yes i want to know more

mayo, ketchup, gunpowder, liberal tears and steroids

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jesus Christ, I'm sorry I asked.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Nice to see Frenchmen and their values crumbling under American cultural imperialism. Five mother sauces of French cuisine, updated for 2017:

Americaine
Ranch
Cool Whip
Sweet Baby Ray's
Big MacTM special sauce

E: Upon closer inspection it's obviously not French, but whatever.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

is that a micropickle

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
#BelgiumStapleFood2

All these are genuine traditional dishes. They usually taste better than they look

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

did someone say traditional foods

This is skerpikjųt, a traditional meal of the Faroe Islands. Basically it's a leg of lamb that's been hung in a barn for about nine months to gently rot dry in the wind.

It tastes awful.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Dabir posted:

This is skerpikjųt, a traditional meal of the Faroe Islands. Basically it's a leg of lamb that's been hung in a barn for about nine months to gently rot dry in the wind.

It tastes awful.

I'm the electric blue velvet table cloth

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Dabir posted:

It tastes awful.

I like to imagine a "emperor's new clothes" scenario where you make a truly awful dish but then just label it as traditional and every foodhistorian will love it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

what is the blue sausage?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

what is the blue sausage?

Cabbage/Kale sausage.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BigglesSWE posted:

I like to imagine a "emperor's new clothes" scenario where you make a truly awful dish but then just label it as traditional and every foodhistorian will love it.

I think with certain things like hįkarl, even food historians will admit that it tastes absolutely awful.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

nah pickle or rot all the things and eat them. Thats the Scandinavian way.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Cabbage/Kale sausage.

Ooooh, I'd love to try that.

Dude, don't post your art in here.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

And when in beautiful Busan, stop in for a sandwich at Gimhae Airport!

(friend's pic)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You're not actually supposed to eat dwarf bread, that's the point

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Garrand posted:

Goldfish smothered in thousand island dressing and eaten with a spoon like a bowl of cereal.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

do... do you eat the pencil?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Sociopastry posted:

do... do you eat the pencil?

Only once you finish the raw shallot

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

lov the cronch

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Did they get this by chiseling out a chunk of wall from a H.R. Giger inspired hell dungeon?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

And when in beautiful Busan, stop in for a sandwich at Gimhae Airport!

(friend's pic)

Gimhae something else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The name comes from a hotel that served it.

Apparently pizza rules have become a political issue in Iceland.

quote:

The president of Iceland, Gušni Th. Jóhannesson, threw a political bombshell into one of the national conversation today when he took sides in one of the more contentious debates of our times: The "pineapple as a pizza topping" debate.

The local news site Vķsir reports that at the end of his visit Gušni took questions from students. Gušni answered questions about various personal things, including which team he rooted for in the English premiere league (which turned out to be Manchester United). He was then asked about his opinion about pineapples as a pizza topping. Gušni answered that he was fundamentally opposed to putting pineapple on top of a pizza.
Then he went one step further, announcing that he would pass a ban on pineapple as a pizza topping if he had the power to pass laws on his own.

And a follow-up...

quote:

The President of Iceland, Gušni Th. Jóhannesson, has responded to the controversy over his "I would ban pineapple-pizza if I had the power to set laws" with a second public announcement. And like all great leaders who are unafraid of controversy, his latest salvo was released on social media.

In a post on the Facebook page of the office of the President Gušni Th. delivered what he calls "A statement on the pizza-controversy :)"
The post, which is written in both Icelandic and English, reflecting the fact that this mini-controversy has caught the attention of the outside world, explains that Gušni does not have the power to dictate people's pizza toppings. "Presidents should not have unlimited power," Gušni adds. Instead he encourages people to put fish on their pizza!
"I like pineapples, just not on pizza. I do not have the power to make laws which forbid people to put pineapples on their pizza. I am glad that I do not hold such power. Presidents should not have unlimited power. I would not want to hold this position if I could pass laws forbidding that which I don“t like. I would not want to live in such a country."

twoday has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Feb 21, 2017