Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"Oh no, anthropomorphic animals!" I cry. "What has Disney wrought?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd play Literally House Cats Warriors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zootopia Warriors would be a better game than Berserk Warriors. Come at me.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

And people mocked me for saying the Berserk Warriors gameplay demo looked mediocre.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

I'd play it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

This is my fursona Sir Bearry Fairinton btw, what's yours

A steampunk furry, is this the lowest circle of fandom hell?

chumbler posted:

I'd play Literally House Cats Warriors.

:same:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ImpAtom posted:

A more general 'DIsney Warriors' would probably work out better. Where I'm failing is the 'Lu Bu knockoff'. Maybe a servant of Chernabog?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

it'd probably have more characters

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

Sloth OP

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Bloodly posted:

A more general 'DIsney Warriors' would probably work out better. Where I'm failing is the 'Lu Bu knockoff'. Maybe a servant of Chernabog?

gaston

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Bloodly posted:

The T-Rex from Fantasia.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

You have no idea how low standards are for berserk fans these days. Besides hoping they could at least dub it like the 97 outtakes.

But if they can improve upon dumb transformations, Mob Psycho Warriors would be cool.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

this discussion reminded me I want a Tokyo Jungle II. I know it's not a warriors game but housecat warriors made me think of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Scrooge McDuck should be the Lu Bu.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

MotU posted:

gaston

I... suddenly really want this.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are we talking about fantasy Warriors games? I want World War II Warriors.
I imagine bayonet fighting anime Hitler as anime Churchill and then finishing him off with a musou attack that involves summoning several Churchill tanks, Chen Gong style, would certainly be something special.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Drone posted:

I... suddenly really want this.

Same. It's perfect

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Rapunzel with telekinetic hair as a weapon vs Minister Frollo summoning hellfire. Maximus and Pegasus as unlockable OP horses.

Oddly, the crocodile from Peter Pan would make a good Lu Bu too, given its role in the story.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
But Gaston from the original please, not the Emma Watson one

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Jimmy boy gave berserk a 6
http://www.thejimquisition.com/berserk-and-the-band-of-the-hawk-review/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has any reviewer ever given a Warriors game a decent score? I feel like the best ones were for Hyrule Warriors and everyone writing them seemed confused.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jim sterling loves the warrior games

I think destructoid gave berserk an 80

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Jimmy agrees with me that dw8xl is the best musou to date so he's a good judge of musou qualities

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
DW3 will forever hold a special place in my heart. But dynasty warriors 5 was the poo poo. I can't remember what makes 4 and 5 differ from each other. But in one of them, each char had a whole story arc. You could duel officers.

You know. It actually felt like an achievement in the old games when you killed 1000 enemys. Now it's par for the course.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
4 had duels-also grabs turned up. 5 had character arcs-a return from 3. 4 did the Kingdom story mode. Wei, Wu, Shu, Nanman, Lu Bu, Yellow Turbans. Could select anyone in the faction you'd unlocked at any time. Also your create-a-characters if you'd bothered.

It was an achievement. Troop counts were lower, and they were more capable of fighting back since they were lesser clones of main character movesets. Seeing them do weapon clashes and jump attacks and so on was both neat and annoying.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
DW 4 troops were hard as nails too, incredibly annoying. Unlocking Zhou Tai's lvl 10 weapon on the nanman stage was a loving nightmare, I still remember King Duosi and King Mulu trampling my face with elephants, forever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm glad those days have gone

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
DW4 Hyper was my first love, and it will be my last

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Got ROTK13 for PS4 since it was way cheap. Only got to spend a couple hours with it so far doing the tutorial mode, but so far I really like it. The art style is pretty fantastic, which helps quite a lot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Berserk Warriors is good 'ol Warriors fun but with tons of blood, enemies sliced in half and VERY satisfying crunch sounds every time you kill a whole lot of enemies at once.
PC version is not very well optimized though. Playing on a GTX 1060 on max settings dropped me to 40 fps constantly when there were many enemies on screen.

EDIT: If anyone else is playing Berserk Warriors on PC. Set Environment Quality to Low. For some reason that setting alone tanks fps even on very good systems.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 21, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, I've heard that all the F/sn Servants are still kicking around in Extra, so if I can play as EMIYA or Arturia that'll at least give me something to latch on to. If there's literally nobody from /sn though I'll probably pass.

e: and it's PS4/Vita only anyways so it's a moot point. :v:

From what I understand, Archer, Gilgamesh, Lancer, Saber, and Rider from Fate/Stay Night all show up. There's also characters from other Fate spinoffs that show up, mostly from Extra and Extra CCC since Extella is a sequel to those.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MotU posted:

gaston

Oh if only

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

From what I understand, Archer, Gilgamesh, Lancer, Saber, and Rider from Fate/Stay Night all show up. There's also characters from other Fate spinoffs that show up, mostly from Extra and Extra CCC since Extella is a sequel to those.

Here's the rundown:

Nero (Extra)
EMIYA (Stay Night)
Cu Chulainn (Stay Night)
Li Shuwen (Extra)
Gawain (Extra)
Tamamo-no-mae (Extra)
Karna (Apocrypha)
Medusa (Stay Night)
Lu Bu (Extra)
Elizabeth Bathory (Extra CCC)
Altera/Attila the Hun (New to Extella)
Gilgamesh (Stay Night)
Iskander/Alexander the Great (Zero)
Jeanne d'Arc/Joan of Arc (Apocrypha)
Archimedes (New to Extella)
Artoria/King Arthur (Stay Night)

There's a secret seventeenth Servant, but they're just an Extella-original superpowered version of one of the others.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Double post, ignore.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
So assuming I've never played a Fate/* game, are the mechanics solid enough in Extella? I went into One Piece 3 knowing nothing about the source material and it's probably my favorite musuo game. So how important is knowing the backstory to enjoying the actual game?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

bentacos posted:

So assuming I've never played a Fate/* game, are the mechanics solid enough in Extella? I went into One Piece 3 knowing nothing about the source material and it's probably my favorite musuo game. So how important is knowing the backstory to enjoying the actual game?

It's more story-heavy than most Musou games, so if you're not familiar with the series you'll be pretty lost there. If you don't care about the narrative and just want to kill things, you should be fine.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Played Berserk for an hour yesterday. I like it. Only did the tutorial and the 1st stage. The combat feels good. the sword feels heavy. So far i'm liking it.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Honestly you won't be terribly lost in Extella if you just know the very basics of the Fate series, since the game's pretty self-contained and the initial route comes with amnesia so you learn about the previous game's major story beats as the lead remembers them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bentacos posted:

The mechanics are fine, up there with the better Musou games, but it's very light on enemy and stage variety unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
My only real complaints with the game is that it can sometimes be really slow if you don't perfectly route a stage out, and it's more rough than usual going back to level 1 characters when you start new stories.