Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Pruney posted:

It's the opposite for me, if I sit down with a controller in a chilled out position I get bored very fast and can only play 1 hour at a time of a game. Whereas if I'm on my computer and closer to my screen, it kind of immerses me into the game

Its really weird I found the PC to be super immersive compared to the consoles for years and it was a reason why PC was my go to. Nowadays though I find it so easy and relaxed on the consoles I spend more time gaming there. Maybe also as I find it easier to pick up and drop? Might just be that I've been spending more time as a responsible adult so its fitting in better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Is this some kind of meditation of the seven ages of gaming or something? Are people entering their second childhoods and soon only to play mere Oblivion?

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
I hope the Krogan can "fastball special" you.

Actually now that I think about it, more squad synergy would be neat. We have the "biotic explosion" setup, but why not more?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

bioware expects me to play a scrub that can't even slamdunk smh

Make your Ryder look like Nate Robinson, problem solved

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jeza posted:

Is this some kind of meditation of the seven ages of gaming or something? Are people entering their second childhoods and soon only to play mere Oblivion?

Oblivion was great.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
I hear Omega has comfy couches.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

DancingShade posted:

Don't buy a computer chair. They're trash. Get an executive grade chair suitable for all day usage. (something actually certified for this, not some junk marketing claim)

You will pay more but your back will thank you.

get an ergonomic mouse too or youll evntually gently caress up your wrist playing pc games

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
also buy 1 of tyhese donuts https://wristdonut.com/

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Don't some games adjust the targeting on the console version anyway, to account for the difference between a controller and a mouse?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
You don't need a donut on your wrist, just don't suspend your wrist at a weird angle for hours on end. The angle between arm and wrist should be shallow and the position comfortable indefinitely. If you're really scared do some stretches. Look up some diagrams or something. I've never had wrist pain once at any point while gaming after any amount of time, because the way I learned naturally to use a mouse isn't hosed up.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I would like to get some advice for a good exec chair to look into here in the UK as I was gifted a 'ergonomic gaming' chair a couple years back which was a branded one but I super hate it now and miss my comfy exec chair. This is not the thread for this however.

What do people think of the heatsink thing with Ammo? For some reason I'd really prefer them to use regular style magazines and brass but I know it wouldn't make lore sense. I really don't know why though. I also would like the next gameplay preview vid to show off some more environments.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming

Blackfyre posted:

Its really weird I found the PC to be super immersive compared to the consoles for years and it was a reason why PC was my go to. Nowadays though I find it so easy and relaxed on the consoles I spend more time gaming there. Maybe also as I find it easier to pick up and drop? Might just be that I've been spending more time as a responsible adult so its fitting in better.

Yeah I can imagine it being better since you can stop and start whenever you want, you can just pick up the controller and go.

I don't have my own house yet but I'll probably slip into this when I do

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ub posted:

Mass Effect games are p fun and I like playing them

Quoted for truth.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want to use the old-style guns again, which is good, because Andromeda has them.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Turning an ME1 sniper rifle into a ship sized rail gun with mods was pretty entertaining.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah the switch to the "ammo" style thermal clips was one of my pet peeves in the series since the explanation for them, or rather its application in gameplay, was so dumb and full of holes. I'm glad to have the possibility to use old style heatsinks because it placates my inner grognard.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

marshmallow creep posted:

Actually, do you have a recommendation because my chair is garbo and I can't find a good replacement.

We got a few new chairs at work and I like them so much I ordered one for myself to use at home:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q5XTE8/

Very nice, lot's of adjustability, and the mesh back is both supportive & cool in the summer. 4 1/2 years later & still in excellent shape.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:siren: :siren: ONE MONTH TO GO :siren: :siren:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So the ME1 infinite clips were alien guns? Eh, cool. Just giving them all is a good way to just end browbeating over whatever kind of gun style is better. Now they just need to make sure the guns of any variety are actually worth it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope all the alien guns that can overheat in Andromeda suck balls and you have to wait hours for them to cool down again and all the guns with thermal clips are sick-nasty hand cannons all day. Maybe the characters will even comment on how stupid and primitive their designs are.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Can't wait to be moderately entertained for 30~hours but ultimately dissapointed in the story and characters

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Still cant make a tiny manlet shep-er ryder

game is of course ruined.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hope it's less dumb, but I won't be disappointed if it's more dumb.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Crabtree posted:

So the ME1 infinite clips were alien guns? Eh, cool. Just giving them all is a good way to just end browbeating over whatever kind of gun style is better. Now they just need to make sure the guns of any variety are actually worth it.
No, that's just how the technology commonly worked back then. Then Bioware decided that it was better to have "ammo" and came up with some half-assed explanation about how, sometime in the two-year period between ME1 and 2, just about the whole galaxy decided to start doing it differently, because getting a lot of fire downrange quickly is a bigger advantage than everyone having ammo for days or something like that.
Frankly I don't have a problem with the explanation itself, it's more that a lot of how the clips work in gameplay doesn't really gel with the explanation.

In the end though it's just a bunch of nitpicky :goonsay: so I'll shut up about it now and be happy that we're getting more cool shooting of spacemans in varied ways.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Nevets posted:

We got a few new chairs at work and I like them so much I ordered one for myself to use at home:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q5XTE8/

Very nice, lot's of adjustability, and the mesh back is both supportive & cool in the summer. 4 1/2 years later & still in excellent shape.

Heeeeeeey same chair buddies! :hf:

A little over 3 weeks for me since I'm a retard and got Origin Access for it. :smug:

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

I don't care what this ME is like, as long as I can be a BIOTIC GOD

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So someone compared the squad by height

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Deakul posted:

A little over 3 weeks for me since I'm a retard and got Origin Access for it. :smug:
I noticed there's a free 7-day trial for Origin Access and was wondering if we can just use that to play ME:A a week early and then just not actually subscribe to OA.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Nordick posted:

I noticed there's a free 7-day trial for Origin Access and was wondering if we can just use that to play ME:A a week early and then just not actually subscribe to OA.

Nope the promotion ends before the ME:A trial starts, lmao.
:owned:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah I thought that would likely be the case, really.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I'm going to call my Ryder Jay, then when I go hunting with my Asari friend I'll shout out "WATCH OUT FOR PEEBEE AND JAY, IT'S DINNER TIME!" and kill enemies.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Also, it's not 7 days it's 10 hours I thought?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kurieg posted:

Also, it's not 7 days it's 10 hours I thought?
I just installed Origin a few hours ago (new PC) and it clearly says Origin Access 7 DAY FREE TRIAL in great big letters on the front page thing.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

The characters look so shite in comparison to the previous series, the only interesting one is the Krogan. I hope my thoughts are changed when the game comes out (which isnt gonna happen)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Nordick posted:

I just installed Origin a few hours ago (new PC) and it clearly says Origin Access 7 DAY FREE TRIAL in great big letters on the front page thing.

right but the mass effect pre-play doohickie is only for 10 hours

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Ah, gotcha. I missed that.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Pruney posted:

The characters look so shite in comparison to the previous series, the only interesting one is the Krogan. I hope my thoughts are changed when the game comes out (which isnt gonna happen)

I have never played Bioware games for what the characters look like.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

homullus posted:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

homullus posted:

Pruney posted:

Yeah I can imagine it being better since you can stop and start whenever you want, you can just pick up the controller and go.

I don't have my own house yet but I'll probably slip into this when I do

How do you guys say this?

My computer boots up into steam from shutdown in less than 10 seconds. I can be playing a videogame in like 5 seconds from the time I decide I want to play a game. i5 with an ssd. Save/Load times are nil and everything is smooth.The only upgrade I've had in 3 years (aside from the ssd) is getting a 1060 over christmas.

You can quicksave and alt-f4 if you're ever in a hurry to leave and I don't know man, how on earth are consoles easier or faster than a desktop? :psyduck:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Outside of where you absolutely had to Miranda was never allowed to leave the ship and past the first playthrough I did the potato-faced reporter lady was never allowed on the Normandy in 3.

quote:

You can quicksave and alt-f4 if you're ever in a hurry to leave and I don't know man, how on earth are consoles easier or faster than a desktop?

It took me way longer than five seconds to load Doom on my SSD (which I had to clear near everything off of just to fit it on lol it's a tiny lil thing). Then again it took like three minutes on my regular drive.