Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

It's a Jim Webb meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

buttigieg is actually cool and good

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

i haven't actually looked into the matter but buttigieg is probably alright. anyway at least hes not 100 years old like the current grandees of the democratic party

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is this Buttigieg guy legitimately good or is this another Jim Webb meme?

Both

He's a proto-berniebro (Circa 2000) and at the same time only slightly viable due to butt memes.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

We all know we're getting Perez.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

All hail the all powerful lich king, Bernard Sanders!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

how does he keep owning

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

as far as we know buttgig never killed him no vc

e: he may or may not have totally murdered the poo poo out of a banh mi during a mayoral retreat in baton rouge

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I saw Buttigieg at the Future Forum, he seems ok.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

:thurman:

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

Well, he is a Democrat, sooooo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jazerus posted:

buttigieg is actually cool and good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
buttigeig is a flash in the pants

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Nobody should toxx for him to win the position of DNC chair.

But he seems like a promising young politician in a time when we need many more of those than we have.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is this Buttigieg guy legitimately good

Yes

quote:

or is this another Jim Webb meme?

Also yes

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

punk rebel ecks posted:

The only good thing about him is he's got a name with the word Butt in it. That's the entire reason why goons pretend to love him

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i googled "did buttigieg kill anyone in combat" and got this

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
pete buttigieg created the san andres fault, killing an estimated 3000 people

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
thousands dead due to buttiegieg's invention, the san andreas fault

Serf
May 5, 2011

in the movie version of this pete buttigieg will be played by luke wilson

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

The only good thing about him is he's got a name with the word Butt in it. That's the entire reason why goons pretend to love him

liar, he wrote an essay about why bernie is good in the year 2000

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

To be clear, it is both true that Butt Jedi seems like a decent progressive politician and that this thread would unironically rally behind Paul Ryan if he changed his name to Piss McBallserson.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Baloogan posted:

buttigeig is a flash in the pants

A politician like him comes round once in a blue moon.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Psa: it's boot-a-check

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Internet Explorer posted:

Psa: it's booty gauge

Serf
May 5, 2011

if ur not pronouncing it but - i - GEEG then you're no friend of mine

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Democrats: B^Uttigieg

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

deadgoon posted:

i googled "did buttigieg kill anyone in combat" and got this

Buttigieg 2 was ok and a bit flashier than the first one because of the bigger budget they had, but it just didn't have the heart of Buttigieg 1

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nobody likes Lena Dunham and if we have to kick her Gollum-rear end off the cliff to destroy the One Milo, so be it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Nobody likes Lena Dunham and if we have to kick her Gollum-rear end off the cliff to destroy the One Milo, so be it.

Throwing her off the cliff? Sure I'm in, though I'm not sure what the context is.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The New York Times Op-ed just basically regurgitates Ellison's talking point about Obama Obama Trump voters. I don't see what's wrong in that, it's not about pandering, it's about focusing on a positive economic message for the working class.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Throwing her off the cliff? Sure I'm in, though I'm not sure what the context is.

the cliff is on the side of a volcano

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Rastor posted:

Nobody should toxx for him to win the position of DNC chair.

But he seems like a promising young politician in a time when we need many more of those than we have.

Has Keith lost the grace of C-SPAM or something, not sure why someone would toxx for Bottomgeiger otherwise unless they were playing the long con for an eventual Deez Nuts/Butt presidential run

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Neurolimal posted:

Has Keith lost the grace of C-SPAM or something, not sure why someone would toxx for Bottomgeiger otherwise unless they were playing the long con for an eventual Deez Nuts/Butt presidential run

:lol: if you're not on the Buttigieg/Nuts train

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
America needs a buttnut

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

turtle_07 posted:

Progressives taking over those 40% of the districts would be so preferable to the people the democrats have now from those districts/states.

Also, I don't even know how much of what you're saying matters. You're right that our electoratal system sucks, but what that seems to mean is that organization and institutional support seems to matter more than what the country / district actually wants. I mean, the tea party pushed the country waaaaay far too the right and they are a negligable percentage of the population.

the tea party didn't do poo poo except convince Republicans that voters don't care how "respectable" their candidate acts (and they were right)

punk rebel ecks posted:

Buttigieg is legitimately cool and good

he's a solid progressive who believes strongly that the party should be run from the bottom up by organizing the grassroots rather than having an array of Washington centrists dictating policy and messaging

and unlike anyone with a chance of winning, he doesn't have strong establishment backing

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I hate to bring up 2020 again but does anyone know anything about what kind of presidential candidate Ed Murray (Seattle's mayor) would be? He's certainly making headlines but I don't know if white male West Coast Democrats are the kind of demographic the party wants to embrace at this point.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I think the Democrats need to nominate a war hero with an independent streak for 2020 to counteract Trump's tough guy image, someone with Constitutional bona fides to draw in moderates uneasy with Trump's authoritarian instincts.

That's right folks. Trump Train? Meet the Straight Talk Express :dukedog:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/833974298561888256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GalacticAcid posted:

I think the Democrats need to nominate a war hero with an independent streak for 2020 to counteract Trump's tough guy image, someone with Constitutional bona fides to draw in moderates uneasy with Trump's authoritarian instincts.

That's right folks. Trump Train? Meet the Straight Talk Express :dukedog:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/833974298561888256

a prominent critic who will vote in lockstep and shut up the second he's told to shut up

• Locked thread