Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive always preferred the classic tempo forest to combo roach so if we get pushed back in that direction i will be happy

also i wont mind if not every forest deck is a roach deck with possible alternate win conditions thrown in with no thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah the specific deck will take a big blow but Forest has lots of more interesting things than just roach combos to take advantage of

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I had a 15 round match as Elana Seraph vs Daria Runecraft today. Couldn't get enough units out with Elana to decisively win so instead it turned to stalling and wiping their field whenever they put anything on it until I could get Seraph out and win, which took an age.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Great news. At least they're addressing problems with the two most cancer decks in the game. Can Forest afford to drop Elf Child May and Water Fairy to pull roach 100%? Absolutely not. Elf Child May is probably the second best bronze card after Craig. No more Levi/Piercing rune clearing your whole board and dealing 5 damage for 4 pp. These are baby steps (Roach and Levi are still ban worthy broken), but this actually might get me back to playing the game.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Of course, since I just started and picked OTK roach as my first deck over Daria, roach is the one that gets nerfed harder. RIP. I don't have anything else to play.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Can't wait for the 26th to put the fear of turn 2 liza back into people

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

CompeAnansi posted:

Of course, since I just started and picked OTK roach as my first deck over Daria, roach is the one that gets nerfed harder. RIP. I don't have anything else to play.

Didn't you buy the precon deck multiple times? If so, you should be okay because you have the components to make some of the slower roach decks, I think.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Roach was fun while it lasted, but this was bound to happen at some point.

Unfortunate that two of the best neutral minions to run as tech choices got nerfed but roach is just too important for forest right now, he's their albert.

I still don't think the devs see the issue with tempo rune beyond its winrate which makes me pessimistic about the game's future tbh, but we'll see.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Roach was fun while it lasted, but this was bound to happen at some point.

Unfortunate that two of the best neutral minions to run as tech choices got nerfed but roach is just too important for forest right now, he's their albert.

I still don't think the devs see the issue with tempo rune beyond its winrate which makes me pessimistic about the game's future tbh, but we'll see.

To be honest, I was almost certain they wouldn't even try to fix any of those decks, since they moved so slowly. Hopefully they'll react more quickly from now on but, yeah, they only care about win percentage, which is a shame.

Like, in their last tourney, a full 75% of the top16 decks was either rune or forest. But I guess that's fine as long as they don't win that much.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Yukari posted:

Didn't you buy the precon deck multiple times? If so, you should be okay because you have the components to make some of the slower roach decks, I think.

No I rerolled until I was able to get two ancient elves and then I bought the precon once.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

as long as you have ancient elves and tias you will be able to make something that wins games i assure you

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Today I learned that the Apocalypse deck spell that takes the other hero to one defense will kill them outright with a Dragonclaw Pendant on board.

The more you know.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yea them liking daria is lovely because I never liked the mysterious challenger play the best cards on curve type of decks, and if you land the curved out super card you gain so much advantage for so little it really feels lovely to play against, but then you play it and some games you just win so hard its like yea why the gently caress would I trade this winrate for fun?

Daria is poo poo card design.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Plus, it's poo poo in an obvious way. It's a card that draws multiple cards, gives a relevant presence on board, can be cast for a discounted mana cost, discounts other cards' mana costs, synergizes with itself, and is a desirable draw during any phase of the game. Any card that does two or more of those things has a chance of being broken.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Konstantin posted:

Plus, it's poo poo in an obvious way. It's a card that draws multiple cards, gives a relevant presence on board, can be cast for a discounted mana cost, discounts other cards' mana costs, synergizes with itself, and is a desirable draw during any phase of the game. Any card that does two or more of those things has a chance of being broken.

Like, I can't wait to see the kind of bullshit they come up with to level the playing field. This is kinda like Marvel vs Capcom: the card game.

-whoops, that dude drew the self-replicating roach on his starting hand, he's good.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Everyone gets Revelation at Vengeance cost without being in Vengeance.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Daria will be countered by a mill deck of some sort.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Everyone gets Revelation at Vengeance cost without being in Vengeance.

You know what? We already have Street Fighter dudes in the game so gently caress it. Air Hyper Viper Beam. Spell 7pp: Deal 7 damage to an enemy, when you play a Hyper Viper Beam change this card cost to 0. Of course, Cable tutors the beam.

But, in any case, unless cygames decides to make like zero decent low-cost spellboosted cards for next expansion Daria will need a re-work.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 22, 2017

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Half of tempo and half of wolf bolt or half of tempo and half of wolf bolt. This game mode is so ridiculous

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

trucutru posted:

You know what? We already have Street Fighter dudes in the game so gently caress it. Air Hyper Viper Beam. Spell 7pp: Deal 7 damage to an enemy, when you play a Hyper Viper Beam change this card cost to 0. Of course, Cable tutors the beam.

But, in any case, unless cygames decides to make like zero decent low-cost spellboosted cards for next expansion Daria will need a re-work.

They nerfed the decks pretty fast, but I don't know why digital card game devs are so afraid to take advantage of being digital for balance, at the very least maybe the next xpac will powercreep the other classes up to runecraft and forest levels.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lil baby anime posted:

Half of tempo and half of wolf bolt or half of tempo and half of wolf bolt. This game mode is so ridiculous
I think left is better. White Wolf isn't as bad as it seems.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Wolf at least does something in a deck that isn't built to abuse it. Your average arena deck will treat Silver Bolt as a very underwhelming high-cost low-damage cantrip

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 22, 2017

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Worst case, it rams something that's weakened while killing itself, and it has rush so it lets you do it without evo points.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Wolf at least does something in a deck that isn't built to abuse it. Your average arena deck will treat Silver Bolt as a very underwhelming high-cost low-damage cantrip

Why plan around an average draft when you can pilot a piece of crap to 2 or 3 wins. I find in the good (4-1/5-0) Forestcraft decks, Silver Bolt will win at least one unwinnable game. Having direct burn + an information advantage (ie opponent playing around the incorrect life total) is huge.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I feel if I actually played take 2 for more than just quitting right away for the card pack I'd be screwed regardless since half the deck would be cards in hand combo pieces and the other would be cards played.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

White wolf tutors the most expensive forestcraft card in your deck and makes it cost zero. No combo necessary.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Turtle Sandbox posted:

They nerfed the decks pretty fast, but I don't know why digital card game devs are so afraid to take advantage of being digital for balance, at the very least maybe the next xpac will powercreep the other classes up to runecraft and forest levels.

JP freemium games have a philosophy of only nerfing stuff if it is absolutely necessary, because they are extremely whale-dependent and pissing even a small percentage of them off means a lot of money lost. So, no touching the waifus (like Daria) if possible. The dudes who spend 2,000 dollars each month chasing golden Fortes or whatever have different priorities and they are the ones that pay the bills.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Granblue Fantasy Event is live now.

It's 3 wins with a craft for the emblem and 6 for the sleeve. 10/20 for Bahamut, and Olivia is login for 5 days for sleeve. I wonder if the login bonus will loop or if it's just the 5 days.

trucutru posted:

JP freemium games have a philosophy of only nerfing stuff if it is absolutely necessary, because they are extremely whale-dependent and pissing even a small percentage of them off means a lot of money lost. So, no touching the waifus (like Daria) if possible. The dudes who spend 2,000 dollars each month chasing golden Fortes or whatever have different priorities and they are the ones that pay the bills.

You think they're never going to dial her down, even when the next expansion hits? I've got 4 copies of her and I'm basically holding off on dusting her because I'm expecting a nerf of some manner eventually.

Yukari fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 22, 2017

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Can't wait until water fairy and elf child may are effectively deleted from this game and playing against forestcraft becomes something more than watching a Japanese man count to 20 over 15 minutes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Well, you're not gonna get both

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

It's 3 wins with a craft for the emblem and 6 for the sleeve. 10/20 for Bahamut, and Olivia is login for 5 days for sleeve. I wonder if the login bonus will loop or if it's just the 5 days.

You think they're never going to dial her down, even when the next expansion hits? I've got 4 copies of her and I'm basically holding off on dusting her because I'm expecting a nerf of some manner eventually.

Who knows? They'll avoid nerfing legendaries and Levi is probably next in line in the case of any but it could happen.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Yukari posted:

Addendum to this. It's 3 wins, and 6 more for the sleeve, so 9 total.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I assume they'll try to print some kind of Daria specific hate in the next expansion and then nerf her directly if she's still too good.

e:

Turtle Sandbox posted:

It's because game devs are either Blizzard-slow when it comes to balance changes because they're really afraid of mucking things up even more or they're Riot-fast and will kneejerk change things before people have even had any chance to digest them fully and there's no inbetween.

Eej fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 23, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Tonight started pretty miserable with me trying to get the forest wins in only to face decks that play only wards. So I switched to seraph and I was facing aggro everything.

But I persevered and later open two packs and got 2 tsubakis, one of them even animated :woop:

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I swear the god this whole loving week, every game against aggro shadow I've seen them have a phantom howl in hand by turn 6.

Meanwhile one of my 9 roach cards is in the last 20 cards of the deck

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

This is worth stressing with another post because seriously cmon. If I played the deck I bet either the howl would be in the last 20 cards or I would have all three in my opening hand.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

This is worth stressing with another post because seriously cmon. If I played the deck I bet either the howl would be in the last 20 cards or I would have all three in my opening hand.

pretty much. I've been playing 90% aggro shadow the last week and I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've pulled off cerb>howl this week

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So my list of Legendaries right now:

Neutral: Gabriel, Prince of Darkness, Sahaquiel, Bahamut
Forestcraft: Ancient Elf, Rose Queen x2, White Wolf of Eldwood, Crystallia Tia
Swordcraft: Aurelia, Otohime x2, Albert,
Dragoncraft: Dark Dragoon Forte, Imperial Dragoon x2
Shadowcraft: Lord of the Flies x2, Cerberus x3
Bloodcraft: Bloody Mary, Queen Vampire

Anything I might be able to throw together with these to get some wins for the Granblue tie in?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

3 cerbs screams aggro shadow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Do the forest wins first before pure roach is nerfed in a few days. Having only one ancient elf will make it take a little longer but it's still perfectly fine.

• Locked thread