Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh wow :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oof.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Man that sucks poo poo then, I'm playing Disgaea 5 and even though that's their flagship series the translation's not even that great, really sucks that Falcom brushed off dudes that put so much more into the company's games than basically any other publisher would have. :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thank gently caress, because the Vita version looks like it ran like complete rear end.

It was perfectly fine except for a few spots in larger rooms

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

Man that sucks poo poo then, I'm playing Disgaea 5 and even though that's their flagship series the translation's not even that great, really sucks that Falcom brushed off dudes that put so much more into the company's games than basically any other publisher would have. :(

Disgaea hasn't been their flagship franchise since Danganronpa started making them more money

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You can play the Touhou games that have come out here and see the night and day differences between NISA and XSEED localizations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Takoluka posted:

You can play the Touhou games that have come out here
a sentence that still fucks me up

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We still haven't gotten any of the actual danmaku ones have we

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

That's super unfortunate.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Disgaea hasn't been their flagship franchise since Danganronpa started making them more money

Is that series really so lucrative? I kinda got off the Dangan Ronpa hype train with the twins reveal from the first game, but I had always assumed its time was past as far as making gangbusters in the States was concerned.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Playism sells th14 for the West but untranslated

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

Is that series really so lucrative? I kinda got off the Dangan Ronpa hype train with the twins reveal from the first game, but I had always assumed its time was past as far as making gangbusters in the States was concerned.

Afaik the Disgaea series has been selling poorly after Disgaea 4 and Disgaea 5 did not do great in general. Meanwhile Danganronpa has only gotten more popular and more demand and is doing gangbusters all of the time. Even for a game with no actual press to the general public it has more than likely outdone Disgaea's numbers. Like I cannot imagine DR not having done more sales and if it hasn't the divide can't be that big, that franchise is huge.

I mean it's only kind of fitting a game with a similar sense of humor to Disgaea should effectively cannibalize it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Baal posted:

We still haven't gotten any of the actual danmaku ones have we

Nope, so far we've had: a weird shumup fighting game hybrid, an action RPG and the next one to come out is a roguelike/mystery dungeon clone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ceramics posted:

Judging by https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/832797511479734273 I'm pretty sure they just got outbid or something

that sucks

hopefully they keep the trails games that are coming

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, so far we've had: a weird shumup fighting game hybrid, an action RPG and the next one to come out is a roguelike/mystery dungeon clone.
Sometimes I wish ZUN could just become a lot greedier or something. We're not even getting the mainline PS4 fighting game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

About half the data on Vita memory card got corrupted for some reason. What a pain.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's a hot hot new trailer for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash featuring massive amounts of titties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCyAG7RoBZQ

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

Here's a hot hot new trailer for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash featuring massive amounts of titties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCyAG7RoBZQ

You were a bit redundant there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If anyone cares, the Vita version of Chroma Squad got cancelled.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Soon, this thread will be canceled.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reset the system and it worked itself out in case anyone was worried. I'm ready for Ys Origin tomorrow

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I wonder when Genital Jousting will finally get a Vita port

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Really Pants posted:

I wonder when Genital Jousting will finally get a Vita port

That sounds more like a Switch game, with an optional play style where you can use each of the JoyCons for some multiplayer.

SuperSpy
Apr 7, 2011

Jobs done, questions none.

Policenaut posted:

That sounds more like a Switch game, with an optional play style where you can use each of the JoyCons for some multiplayer.

And HD rumble.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
The only good thing about this thread is Policenaut anyway.

Snyderman
Feb 23, 2005

In Training posted:

I reset the system and it worked itself out in case anyone was worried. I'm ready for Ys Origin tomorrow

Not on Vita. May 30th.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snyderman posted:

Not on Vita. May 30th.

What the gently caress!

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

If anyone cares, the Vita version of Chroma Squad got cancelled.

Ah, that sucks. I was looking forward to playing it on my Vita actually.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Captain Baal posted:

You know that this one isn't coming to the Vita, right? PS4 exclusive for now with a possible Steam release in the future.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I'll go post that in the PS4 thread, that'll be fun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please do it'd be better than anything they actually do talk about

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm doing it

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I have no love for SK but the PS4 thread is usually terrible anyway.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Captain Baal posted:

I'm doing it

Godspeed

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Baal posted:

I'm doing it

Well done.

The PS4 thread wept.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The ps4 version of Ys origins is crossbuy with the upcoming Vita version, FYI

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm still confused why they chose to come back to this title after so long.

Captain Baal posted:

I'm doing it
I'm glad you survived.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

The ps4 version of Ys origins is crossbuy with the upcoming Vita version, FYI

I didn't realise that, that's cool

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm Ys curious, what are the games like? I've been curious about them since I saw snes roms of some of the earlier games and thought it had a funny name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

irlZaphod posted:

I'm Ys curious, what are the games like? I've been curious about them since I saw snes roms of some of the earlier games and thought it had a funny name.
They've come in different flavors/styles over the years but one might think of them as adventure/Zelda-like games with far greater emphasis on fast-paced combat rather than puzzles. As far as Action RPGs go they're pretty much in a class of their own. The stories are generally never bad but they are very light and in some cases might as well not exist. Older Ys games used to be extremely challenging but newer entries have instead with a party system that has lessened the load a bit.

They also have really rockin' soundtracks.