Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Alder posted:

MKR is one of Clamp's better shoujo. I recc'd it and it's sequel.

It had a sequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

whoops

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pastrymancy posted:

It had a sequel?

It tends to just get lumped together but the first three volumes are the first 'series' and the rest is the second.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Alder posted:

Adorable webtoon about a girl and her werewolf neighbour childhood friend: http://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/super-secret/list?title_no=666

It even has a great TL for webtoon.

Fuuuuuuck I hate when binge reading gets you to the last chapter and it's such a loving cliffhanger fusking dammit I need more

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Alder posted:

Adorable webtoon about a girl and her werewolf neighbour childhood friend: http://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/super-secret/list?title_no=666

It even has a great TL for webtoon.
This is so cute.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Does anyone remember the name of the manga about the girl who discovers that the dude she's crushing on thinks he's become a wizard via a Saitama style excercise binge?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Does anyone remember the name of the manga about the girl who discovers that the dude she's crushing on thinks he's become a wizard via a Saitama style excercise binge?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/watashi-ga-iutoori-ni-naru-r17120
?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh it was seinen, my bad. Thanks zog.

E: oh

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 20, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That recent Kaguya was cute. Kaguya is pretty much an ideal comedy/romance manga IMO. I almost always find the chapters funny, and I get the impression that things are at least moving forward on the romance front, even if it's slowly.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Still wish it had stuck with its original stupidly-overthought-mindgame premise though. It's been doing more of the goofy-misunderstanding thing lately, which is dime-a-dozen even if it's doing it pretty well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pavlov posted:

Still wish it had stuck with its original stupidly-overthought-mindgame premise though. It's been doing more of the goofy-misunderstanding thing lately, which is dime-a-dozen even if it's doing it pretty well.

Eh, the mindgame thing can only continue for so long before it becomes just as dull. It's more interesting to see the mind games gradually evolve into something more genuine (like Kaguya mentioned recently about how it started out with her just wanting to "win" against the President and has begun changing into something else).

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Yeah I get the sense author was running out of mindgame ideas. But that's maybe a sign they should start tying up the story and move on to something new. Maybe they are, I dunno. But goofy-misunderstandings was old had before this even started. There's probably 10 other comics publishing now doing the same sort of thing if you want that.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://bato.to/reader#5271420921eb3cc5

Slow Motion is good. :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pavlov posted:

Yeah I get the sense author was running out of mindgame ideas. But that's maybe a sign they should start tying up the story and move on to something new. Maybe they are, I dunno. But goofy-misunderstandings was old had before this even started. There's probably 10 other comics publishing now doing the same sort of thing if you want that.
You admitted yourself that it's doing what it's doing quite well. I know I look forward to its chapters far more than others of its same ilk that don't pull it off. Stopping just because there are similar-but-worse alternatives strikes me as quite foolish.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

I really like the art in that series, somehow it conveys emotion better than almost any other shoujo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, the art is really good!

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
also it's seinen, not shoujo:v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

jellycat posted:

also it's seinen, not shoujo:v:

:v:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I think they were just correcting this:

Vesi posted:

I really like the art in that series, somehow it conveys emotion better than almost any other shoujo.

, not saying it shouldn't be in this thread.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Incidentally, I started reading Otonari Complex.

Pretty, girly-looking dude who cross-dresses occasionally is childhood friends with handsome, manly-looking girl. Also in love with her. Drama ensues.

I'm not entirely sure why the girly dude is so against telling his friend he's in love with her, though. Usually there's some kind of explanation, but the guy's not even shy or anything, he just seems to think it's obvious maybe???

coathat
May 21, 2007

That last part must be removed and webtoons should receive the death penalty

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

coathat posted:

That last part must be removed and webtoons should receive the death penalty

I can't believe someone would dare talk about Tamen de Gushi that way. :colbert:

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think they were just correcting this:

, not saying it shouldn't be in this thread.

This is correct! I just have a weird pet peeve about people calling romance manga "shoujo" when it's not and it happens a lot in this thread. There's romance manga for guys too!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lemon-Lime posted:

I can't believe someone would dare talk about Tamen de Gushi that way. :colbert:

Speaking of...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

jellycat posted:

This is correct! I just have a weird pet peeve about people calling romance manga "shoujo" when it's not and it happens a lot in this thread. There's romance manga for guys too!

It's a pity so much of it is crap, though. I like the art style better most of the time but, y'know, not the parts where it's often awful harem poo poo.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Maybe when Taiwan comes back to its rightful place as Japanese territory.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

coathat posted:

Maybe when Taiwan comes back to its rightful place as Japanese territory.

I thought it's mainland?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You also get examples like Inari Konkon Koi Iroha, which I believe was published in a Seinen magazine but absolutely fits in with this crowd more than the Misc. Seinen thread.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Tokyo Tareraba Girls is insanely good. Buy now.

http://kodanshacomics.com/series/tokyo-tareraba-girls/

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

coathat posted:

Tokyo Tareraba Girls is insanely good. Buy now.

http://kodanshacomics.com/series/tokyo-tareraba-girls/

Why read when you can watch the jdrama?!! http://www.ntv.co.jp/tarareba/

coathat
May 21, 2007

Because I don't have brain damage

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

darkgray posted:

Probably because j-dramas tend to be pretty poorly acted and super hammy by American television standards.

(I still enjoy them though :shobon:)

edit: I have fond memories of watching j-dramas like Long Vacation and Stand Up!! while in high school.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Higashimura-san, plz to be finishing Kuragehime..........

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Higashimura-san, plz to be finishing Kuragehime..........

That would be really nice! I miss that whole gang of characters.

I also wish someone would translate her newer work, Yukibana no Tora, but it looks like that one will belong in the seinen thread if we ever get English chapters.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

last I looked at Kuragehime Mr Singapore was getting fresh with Tsukimi, did they ever finish that plot

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

darkgray posted:

I thought the manga was funnier :shrug:

To be fair it might just be the subtitles, the editing on the manga translation is superb

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Rodyle posted:

last I looked at Kuragehime Mr Singapore was getting fresh with Tsukimi, did they ever finish that plot

that's literally the last thing that happened you're on top of things

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Caitlin posted:

that's literally the last thing that happened you're on top of things

I double checked and boy

boy you're behind on some poo poo

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Rodyle posted:

I double checked and boy

boy you're behind on some poo poo

I am!? Where did I miss translations!? :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pool is 72, latest chapter I found is 81.