Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Not surprising at all. He's always been more on the 'wants to be part of a winning team' side than the cash side.

Some decent team is going to grab him and he will win an MVP. Hopefully show everyone how good he really is instead of blowing his talents in Indiana where nobody sees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can we trade Kris Dunn (and stuff) for PG13 instead of Rubio for Rose

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

I'm planning to go to my first ever NBA match in Minnesota when they play OKC in April, and if Rubio's been traded by then I'll probably be cheering for OKC.

This ain't soccer! It's a game! :derp:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Larry Bird is going to trade Paul George to the celtics for nothing just like Kevin McHale traded KG to the celtics for nothing.

But honestly, if I were the Celtics I'd be like "Hey Larry. We'll even take on Al Jefferson's contract. We'll give you jaylen Brown, 20 million in expiring salary and a nets pick." Maybe one of either the Grizzlies/clippers picks.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Up is down. Down is up. This trade is going to happen and I'm going to cry.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

If Boston gets Butler he's just going to gain 75 pounds at Wahlburger

*googles "Wahlburger"*

oh come on

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Bull that would actually help the Celtics without giving up much is Taj Gibson. Fills their rotating PF spot, helps their paint defense and rebounding problems.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
If George or Butler get traded to the Celtics and it doesn't include the 2017 swap rights and the 2018 Nets pick that would be some bull. Especially for Butler since he's on a great contract for two more seasons guaranteed.

I say this as someone that would have zero interest in Marcus Smart at all.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

*googles "Wahlburger"*

oh come on

I know, Tasty Burger is so much better.

Seriously if any of you goons are in Boston, don't even think about Wahlburger, go to tasty burger instead.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jota posted:

If George or Butler get traded to the Celtics and it doesn't include the 2017 swap rights and the 2018 Nets pick that would be some bull. Especially for Butler since he's on a great contract for two more seasons guaranteed.

I say this as someone that would have zero interest in Marcus Smart at all.

I mean, there quite literally 0% chance of a trade like that happening without one of those picks, if not both.

actually, I should not say 0% because Boogie just got traded for trash so maybe like 1% chance.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

The Bull that would actually help the Celtics without giving up much is Taj Gibson. Fills their rotating PF spot, helps their paint defense and rebounding problems.

Yeah I don't think he's worth a Brooklyn 1st but I would be very OK with getting him.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean, there quite literally 0% chance of a trade like that happening without one of those picks, if not both.

actually, I should not say 0% because Boogie just got traded for trash so maybe like 1% chance.

I mean, obviously it's going to require at minimum one of those picks.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Paul Zuvella posted:

I know, Tasty Burger is so much better.

Seriously if any of you goons are in Boston, don't even think about Wahlburger, go to tasty burger instead.

1000% agreed

Chris Paul is 31 and about to get the Godzilla Max. That would make me a little nervous as a clippers fan but if there is any player in the league who I think will fully transition to hyper-effective old man game, it's him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Time posted:

Chris Paul is 31 and about to get the Godzilla Max. That would make me a little nervous as a clippers fan but if there is any player in the league who I think will fully transition to hyper-effective old man game, it's him

They have no future. even if they tank, they have like no picks for a long while.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/834089162919776258

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

Time posted:

1000% agreed

Meh. He'll get the money he wants and then if things fall apart he'll agitate for a trade. That was probably what Cousins was trying to do in Sacramento.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Tae posted:

They have no future. even if they tank, they have like no picks for a long while.
All of the picks they've traded are lottery protected forever and they've traded 2 picks

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I can't imagine that Doc Rivers is the best person to have in charge of your contract negotiations if you're the Clippers.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Come to Butthead

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hmmmm that's not terrible. He'd be a better scoring option than Big Al.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

pubic works project posted:

Hmmmm that's not terrible. He'd be a better scoring option than Big Al.

Isn't his upside already basically Big Al? I haven't watched many Pacers games this year but Al was still pretty good last year, is he starting to fall apart?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Good lord no, Okafor is not what this team needs, it's just trading to make a trade. Pacers need perimeter defense or 3pt shooting.

And Big Al is fine in his role coming off the bench.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Al Jefferson is pretty cooked. It started last year but this season also he's brought basically nothing and is only getting a few bench minutes. If Okafor can play next to Turner it might be an okay fit and give the Pacers' weak offense another weapon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
If Okafor is cheap, i'm okay with it. I'd rather have a wing like Wes Matthews or Courtney Lee.

Hell, they should pick up Matt Barnes for that take no poo poo mentality.

But yeah, I love Big Al, but he has sucked the last 6 or 7 games.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

If Okafor is cheap, i'm okay with it. I'd rather have a wing like Wes Matthews or Courtney Lee.

Hell, they should pick up Matt Barnes for that take no poo poo mentality.

Well the Pacers only have 1 trade chip, the 1st round pick, otherwise there isn't a single person on the roster outside of PG and Turner that someone else would actually want. So this trade would be it, no other help coming and free agency probably being empty outside of re-signing Teague. If Okafor comes in, then you are either sending Thad to the bench or playing him at the 3 with PG at the 2. I'm not sure Thad could guard out there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Well the Pacers only have 1 trade chip, the 1st round pick, otherwise there isn't a single person on the roster outside of PG and Turner that someone else would actually want. So this trade would be it, no other help coming and free agency probably being empty outside of re-signing Teague. If Okafor comes in, then you are either sending Thad to the bench or playing him at the 3 with PG at the 2. I'm not sure Thad could guard out there.

I'm not opposed to Thad coming off the bench with Ellis. I'd rather that happen with the team bringing in a piece like Lopez though.

At this point I'm half checked out of what this organization does because I think we'll lose PG. :(

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/834098263556923393

Brooklyn challenging the Kings to an end of the season tank off

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Two firsts was never realistic anyway imho.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Everyone has sucked the last 6 or 7.

Al has looked good in limited minutes. When Myles gets early fouls (which seems to be a lot) and Al has to work a bunch of extra minutes, he gets in trouble. There are those games where Big Al has those flashes of youth, and they feed him on the block and it's pretty nice. He's not the answer for the Pacers, but he doesn't kill them.

I'm not sure what another big does for the Pacers. I guess put more pressure on inside defense and give PG some more shots.

The Pacers are exactly the team they are every year besides a few outliers: middle of the pack team that will compete for a playoff spot, and maybe get hot and win a series and it's going to take something huge to get them past that point ever.

At this point I'm half checked out of what this organization does because I think we'll lose PG. :(

Turner will be fun to watch till his contract is up and he joins PG in LA

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/834098263556923393

Brooklyn challenging the Kings to an end of the season tank off

Jesus gently caress Larry, get on that poo poo!

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Magic Johnson is now in charge of the Lakers
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/834103099560062976

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
so the Lakers fired their GM two days before the trade deadline?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I wish the Lakers had better players because Masai could swindle the poo poo out of GM Magic

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ragle posted:

It was cool how Magic just decided he was going to be GM and the Lakers agreed.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

ragle posted:

Welp

We're boned

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ragle posted:

In the middle of the trade deadline

Unbelievable

Maybe not getting cousins was the last straw

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
RIP Lakers rebuild.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao Lakers

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
To compete at a high level, the Lakers are going to have to do well in the draft!

The Lakers need to develop their young talent in order to succeed in the future!

I just traded Jordan Clarkson for some mutual funds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

sba posted:

so the Lakers fired their GM two days before the trade deadline?

Jesus, I hadn't even thought of this poo poo

• Locked thread