Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the best part about being a Raider is ganking everyone's kills in 4v4 with his unblockable, then doing the wood chopping dance :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Did the Valk buff patch just get released? I looked at the hotfix notes but there isn't anything about Valk in it, so I assume it's coming later?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

super macho dude posted:

the best part about being a Raider is ganking everyone's kills in 4v4 with his unblockable, then doing the wood chopping dance :black101:

I thought it was killing the poo poo out of scrubs in like 3 hits

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Capn Beeb posted:

That's super tempting but I treat javelins as exclamation points to a fight, especially when someone tries to run away :unsmigghh:

Edit:

Never mind I tried the bleeding power and wasted three dudes at once :stare:

ya the bleed is amazing. It does a poo poo ton of damage.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Anyone who's played warlord on console, how do you do the shield stunning thing after a parrey? Is it just guard break? I can never get it to work. Parry's are hard enough to get as it is.

Also if anyone wants to do co op tonight I am on the first Viking level and I just want to finish the stupid thing on hard for the cosmetic stuff, man it is a pain playing classes other than warlord

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

And in today's issue of "things that never get old":

http://i.imgur.com/GT8Fx2M.mp4

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Loopoo posted:

Did the Valk buff patch just get released? I looked at the hotfix notes but there isn't anything about Valk in it, so I assume it's coming later?

It did not. Says so in the hotfix patch notes. It would be nice to know when they are going to implement it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Feels so drat good when you hold a side point all by yourself against 2 enemies. I just guard to get revenge, then go ham, cause my revenge attack bonus is INSANE. At that point, my light attacks basically hit as hard as heavy attacks, so I just light swing everywhere.

2v1's are actually easy now. Cause if the enemy is in front of you and one on your left, when the one on the left attacks, it'll always be blockable from the left (no matter if he overheads or side attacks). So it's really easy to block against. Worst is when you get grabbed, that can get you hosed.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wonder if its taking so long because of console cert and they didn't build the system to accommodate server side updates to damage values and the like.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also can you parry orange attacks. Also how do you feint on console

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming

Darth Windu posted:

Parrying is the only way to stop an orange attack, other than fleeing for your life.

Unless it's like a shield bash/charge move, then just run

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Darth Windu posted:

Feint is heavy then circle ps4 or whatever the right button is on Xbox.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Darth Windu posted:

Anyone who's played warlord on console, how do you do the shield stunning thing after a parrey? Is it just guard break? I can never get it to work. Parry's are hard enough to get as it is.

Also if anyone wants to do co op tonight I am on the first Viking level and I just want to finish the stupid thing on hard for the cosmetic stuff, man it is a pain playing classes other than warlord

You have to press guardbreak right after the parry connects. Like within a split-second. The timing is pretty tight.

Going into the console accessibility options and swapping Square (X on Xbox) and L1(LB) helped a ton with both this and counter guard breaks. After that it's just practice. It does making navigating the menus annoying though. I have no idea what Ubisoft was thinking when they didn't let us change the controls. I mean, at least give us some presets or something!

You can parry orange attacks or interrupt them before they connect. If neither of those are options, you'll have to dodge. Thankfully unblockables are almost universally slow.

Parrying is important to practice and learn.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 21, 2017

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Trillhouse posted:

You have to press guardbreak right after the parry connects. Like within a split-second. The timing is pretty tight.

Going into the console accessibility options and swapping Square (X on Xbox) and L1(LB) helped a ton with both this and counter guard breaks. After that it's just practice. It does making navigating the menus annoying though. I have no idea what Ubisoft was thinking when they didn't let us change the controls. I mean, at least give us some presets or something!

You can parry orange attacks or interrupt them before they connect. If neither of those are options, you'll have to dodge. Thankfully unblockables are almost universally slow.

Parrying is important to practice and learn.

Doesn't swapping square and L1 make it hard to hold L2 to stay in dueling stance?

Sups
Aug 8, 2007

Jimmy Eat World Hunger

Pruney posted:

I'm on a 91% W/R as Lawbringer now. I'm starting to get bored since it's generally the same thing over and over, abusing 3 different set of moves depending on the skill level of the enemy.

As someone who just picked this game up and quickly found Lawbringer (and Raider+Warden) to be my favorite: What would you consider his bread&butter? Besides the awesome impale charge ofc.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming

Sups posted:

As someone who just picked this game up and quickly found Lawbringer (and Raider+Warden) to be my favorite: What would you consider his bread&butter? Besides the awesome impale charge ofc.

I play on PC but

You need to perfect your parries and GB Counter first

Then simply slowly walk towards them, this will most likely intimidate them into attacking or GBing.

If they GB, simply counter and keep walking at them, staring down at their inferior size. Try to GB them and if they counter, then wait for them to attack or feint to get them to attack.

After you get a parry, GB them, right or left strong attack, middle mouse button which will shove them, GB them again, another right/left strong attack, and do again if you have enough stamina.

If you're against a competent player, you have to parry them, GB them and then 1 strong swing from the left or right and back off. < only thing you can do to beat someone competent.

Also dont use the impale charge on competent players, it drains the crap out of your stamina and can easily be blocked.

Pruney fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 21, 2017

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

panda clue posted:

Who the gently caress thought gear and item levels were a good idea in a loving fighting game?

This game is basically Dynasty Warriors meets Mortal Combat without all the crazy moves. There is a limited character list so they had to do something to distinguish each player.

But 3v3 and 4v4 GS off matches seems like a no brainer.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Darth Windu posted:

Doesn't swapping square and L1 make it hard to hold L2 to stay in dueling stance?

There's an option that lets you set L2 as a toggle so you only have to press it once. It's what I use.

The only downside is it makes it a little annoying In situations where you want to break lock to run someone down or to switch targets. But it's a small price to pay for easier counter-guardbreaks.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I want to thank whoever came up for with the idea to practice against a level 3 Orachi bot with damage turned off. I did it a few days ago and it helped me more than anything else I've tried. I'm now way better at parrying (even against the faster classes) and can land CGBs at a respectable rate.

It's also nice to practice your guaranteed damage options, like guardbreaks after parryies and poo poo. Since the bot parries or CGBs perfectly, you can figure out if you're doing it right.

For example, the timing for Shugoki to parry into guardbreak, throw into wall, and then Demon's Embrace is very narrow and took me some practice. It was all worth it the first time I took down a full health Warden when I was down to like 15 health though. Absolutely filthy.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Two Feet From Bread posted:

This game is basically Dynasty Warriors meets Mortal Combat without all the crazy moves. There is a limited character list so they had to do something to distinguish each player.

But 3v3 and 4v4 GS off matches seems like a no brainer.

Also, make skirmish its own mode so I don't randomly get it when I'm tryin to do fuckin elimination thanks

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.

Trillhouse posted:

There's an option that lets you set L2 as a toggle so you only have to press it once. It's what I use.

The only downside is it makes it a little annoying In situations where you want to break lock to run someone down or to switch targets. But it's a small price to pay for easier counter-guardbreaks.

I turned this on as well, but that's more because I'm incapable of not crushing the controller in a death-grip mid fight and leaving trigger indentations in fingers from my left hand.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Played against a laggy fucker of an Orochi. Kept teleporting around and out of my guard breaks. It was utter bullshit.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh my god the nobushi is stupid fun in brawl/elimination, just abuse the gently caress out of the massive range.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Playing Kensei is so fun, nobody bitches at you, you're not broken or "easy to play", everyone wants to just have a good ol' time swinging swords around :allears:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

So after watching a bunch of True Talent footage last night I watched his inputs and unless my eyes deceive me he absolutely spams guard break when attempting to counter. I could have sworn that this didn't work. Is this the 'trick' I've been missing? I've been trying to time a single button push this entire time and I'm only successful like 1 out of every 10 tries.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Someone rage quit and for the rest of the game, my frames tanked so hard. I dropped from 70FPS to 29FPS.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Darth Windu posted:

It's RIGHT after the parry, if you see him push them away you've done it too late. Basically it's Parry -> *guard break while sparks are on the screen* -> light attack when shield connects with their face.

It's an absolutely brutal move and you need to be able to do it consistenly with Warlord because it decimates their Stamina and Warlord has bad problems with Stamina management and creating pressure outside of headbutt -> light attack. Gotta Shield Bash to open up opportunities.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Vikings need a fat brawler type dude like shogoki, but uses his fists and his taunt is drinking beer

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Keegers posted:

Vikings need a fat brawler type dude like shogoki, but uses his fists and his taunt is drinking beer

Yeah, just give him some gauntlets and maybe a short Mjolnir-style one-handed hammer. Then just have him throw dudes around and knock their teeth out from up close.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Keegers posted:

Obelix from Asterix and Obelix?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, just give him some gauntlets and maybe a short Mjolnir-style one-handed hammer. Then just have him throw dudes around and knock their teeth out from up close.

I'm not trying to be a prick but functionally that's the Warlord. He has throws with big travel, short range, no real combos, and an unblockable opener.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm not trying to be a prick but functionally that's the Warlord. He has throws with big travel, short range, no real combos, and an unblockable opener.

But we have to use sword and board. I wanna use my fists

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Seems there was a small update today. Anyone know what it did? Didn't see anything about it on the news section in uplay.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Gunder posted:

Seems there was a small update today. Anyone know what it did? Didn't see anything about it on the news section in uplay.

Check reddit, its a hotpatch for performance. No balance changes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Keegers posted:

They can call him the beerzerker. Whirling flatulent tornado of weaponized ornately-carved drinkware.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Only if it can be a fat lady as well. I was crushed when I found out Shugoki was male only.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kainser posted:

Only if it can be a fat lady as well. I was crushed when I found out Shugoki was male only.

That's why the Raider exists though. This game feels like the kind of place gamergaters would coagulate so naturally, you want to roll with the black woman Raider so you can troll them with stuns and throw them into holes.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
All I can find is 4v4 deathmatches and dominion on PC and it's awful. I bought this last night and played 2v2 duels for awhile and it was incredibly fun but now I can't find anyone. Is this common? I loathe 4v4 from what I played of it.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

That's why the Raider exists though. This game feels like the kind of place gamergaters would coagulate so naturally, you want to roll with the black woman Raider so you can troll them with stuns and throw them into holes.

Getting thrown around by a strong black woman is probably their fetish though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Red Mundus posted:

All I can find is 4v4 deathmatches and dominion on PC and it's awful. I bought this last night and played 2v2 duels for awhile and it was incredibly fun but now I can't find anyone. Is this common? I loathe 4v4 from what I played of it.

What region are you in?

I'm on PC in USA and 2v2 is my favorite mode. It places me in games in less than 30 seconds of search time.

Open your ports/set dmz in your router. Also if matchmaking is taking more then 2 minutes cancel matchmaking and try it again. I've noticed it occasionally gets stuck(1/20 times or so).