Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
A few pages late but the worst thing about Last Week Tonight was that it killed the classic version of The Bugle podcast, which at its peak was much funnier. I mean, who's going to turn down hosting the Daily Show and then one's own HBO flagship in favor of a podcast, but drat. Andy sounds better now with his retooled version, but for a while without John he sounded so depressed. It's too bad John couldn't bring him along for the fame ride, but let's just say that Andy has a face fit for audio.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 14:55 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Imagined posted:

A few pages late but the worst thing about Last Week Tonight was that it killed the classic version of The Bugle podcast, which at its peak was much funnier. I mean, who's going to turn down hosting the Daily Show and then one's own HBO flagship in favor of a podcast, but drat. Andy sounds better now with his retooled version, but for a while without John he sounded so depressed. It's too bad John couldn't bring him along for the fame ride, but let's just say that Andy has a face fit for audio.

I like all the new guests Andy has except for the guy who talks really slowly and has the deep voice.
I wish he had his sister on every episode, she's great. I actually still like LWT and I still think John is great, but the Bugle is great without him now.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Captainsalami posted:

Wasted talent?

Not quite

Wasted? Talent!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Divorce.jpg

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Ghostbusters II is a good movie. Vigo is a better villain than Xuul. There, I said it. There's no way that kid's birthday compares to GLORIOUS VIGO, SCOURGE OF CARPATHIA.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

Ghostbusters II is a good movie. Vigo is a better villain than Xuul. There, I said it. There's no way that kid's birthday compares to GLORIOUS VIGO, SCOURGE OF CARPATHIA.

I thought there would have to be relativistic time dilation involved for anything to be as extremely retarded as you are

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'm not here to tell you Ghostbuster 2 is as good or better than Ghostbusters, cause it's not (maybe better than the 2016 one? Never saw it.)

But I am here to tell you that it's certainly better than Matthew's 1st B'Day.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Railing Kill posted:

thought this was a MisterBibs post for a second.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Railing Kill posted:

Ghostbusters II is a good movie. Vigo is a better villain than Xuul. There, I said it. There's no way that kid's birthday compares to GLORIOUS VIGO, SCOURGE OF CATPATHIA.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm not here to tell you Ghostbuster 2 is as good or better than Ghostbusters, cause it's not (maybe better than the 2016 one? Never saw it.)

I concur. The latter is a clear case of an original property which was dragged down by its sequels.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Awesome

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Correction:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Literally my nightma....

gently caress. wait.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Railing Kill posted:

well yeah, one was a dog hidden in a refrigerator, the other was a wizard in a painting. Gozer was better than them both though since he was an immense and slow moving Torg! Or once he turned into the form of a giant Sloar!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

I'm not going to argue Ghostbusters 1 vs Ghostbusters 2, but I will judge a person on VHS vs Beta.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I know its fake, but where is this? That Atlantis resort thing?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

You do a double shift at work. It's late, you're tired, and this is the last train home. They all slowly turn to look at you. Do you get off?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ak Gara posted:

You do a double shift at work. It's late, you're tired, and this is the last train home. They all slowly turn to look at you. Do you get off?

Naah, I'm not really attracted to anime stuff.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Ak Gara posted:

I'm not going to argue Ghostbusters 1 vs Ghostbusters 2, but I will judge a person on VHS vs Beta.

I agree, I'm glad this person recorded the best Ghostbusters movie on the superior tape format.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Railing Kill posted:

CURIOUS VIGO, MEOWRGE OF CATPATHIA!

Ftfy

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

canyoneer posted:

Naah, I'm not really attracted to anime stuff.

:haw:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

:yikes:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

This is bullshit, these 2 clearly took their shoes off and as thus should not be abused the same as true passouts.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Not everybody wears their shoes indoors.

Like, for example, where people aren't animals who track dirt everywhere they live in.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

umalt posted:

Not everybody wears their shoes indoors.

Like, for example, where people aren't animals who track dirt everywhere they live in.

Heh, I wouldn't never bring something filthy onto my clean floors

*giant wad of poo poo begins pushing down on umalt's head as it passes through his descending colon*

*dumps food for children on the nice, clean floor of studio basement apartment full of radon*

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

CharlieWhiskey posted:

I agree, I'm glad this person recorded the best Ghostbusters movie on the superior tape format.

I think we can be friends.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

Without even comparing it to any other Ghostbusters media, I can assure you that the 2016 movie fails completely as a movie and has zero redeeming qualities. It's one of those movies that would be perfect for a 2-hour Plinkett review detailing how not to make a movie.

Comparing it to other Ghostbusters media? It's astounding how they misunderstood what Ghostbusters actually is. In a movie called "Ghostbusters," they don't actually bust any ghosts. Just think about that for a moment.

Ghostbusters 2 is a great movie though and people need to stop giving it so much poo poo. They use mood slime to animate the Statue of Liberty and control it with an NES Advantage. Eat poo poo, haters.

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Feb 21, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Without even comparing it to any other Ghostbusters media, I can assure you that the 2016 movie fails completely as a movie and has zero redeeming qualities.

Yeah, that's completely bullshit. It has problems but 'has literally zero redeeming qualities, is LITERALLY the worst movie ever made" is hilarious hyperbole.

Jamesman posted:

In a movie called "Ghostbusters," they bust precisely zero ghosts.

Oh right, you pulled this poo poo before and when people pointed out you were wrong you mumbled awkwardly about how that didn't count.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, that's completely bullshit. It has problems but 'has literally zero redeeming qualities, is LITERALLY the worst movie ever made" is hilarious hyperbole.

Oh right, you pulled this poo poo before and when people pointed out you were wrong you mumbled awkwardly about how that didn't count.

Yep I clearly said it was literally the worst movie ever made thank you for quoting me on that.

I guess your definition of "busting ghosts" includes "extended fight sequence where Kate McKinnon ninja flips around and explodes ghosts with her laser pistols," then sure there is plenty of ghost busting in the last 10 minutes of the movie. Where all ghost busting should take place in a movie about ghost busters.

It's a bad movie and I found nothing at all enjoyable about it, and if you disagree, I feel very sorry for you but you're totally entitled to somehow find something good about a movie where the best part is a half-assed knockoff of an Abbot & Costello routine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Yep I clearly said it was literally the worst movie ever made thank you for quoting me on that.

I guess your definition of "busting ghosts" includes "extended fight sequence where Kate McKinnon ninja flips around and explodes ghosts with her laser pistols," then sure there is plenty of ghost busting in the last 10 minutes of the movie. Where all ghost busting should take place in a movie about ghost busters.

There is literally an extended scene where they bust a ghost in a fully traditional way. You said it doesn't count because the ghost gets out later. In the original Ghostbusters the only scene where they actually capture a ghost onscreen is Slimer who also escapes later. Instead they defeat the final foe by crossing their laser beams and shooting it until it explodes, which according to you does not qualify as busting. So apparently you do think the original Ghostbusters, nor its sequel where they animate the Statue of Liberty using slime and then shoot slime on a portrait, qualifies as busting either.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Can we just all agree that bustin' makes us feel good?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Girls have cooties

I disagree

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The General posted:

I ain't 'fraid of no ghost. I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

The General posted:

https://youtu.be/NxXufI6-OIE

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

That's what I get when I paint my lips and pop on the hot pants for a night out.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Jamesman posted:

It's a bad movie and I found nothing at all enjoyable about it, and if you disagree, I feel very sorry for you but you're totally entitled to somehow find something good about a movie where the best part is a half-assed knockoff of an Abbot & Costello routine.

Sir, this is an Arby's drive through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ghosbusters (2016) is over, there won't be a sequel, all the merchandise is in landfills, can we please stop arguing about it and just forget it ever existed like Robocop (2014) and Total Recall (2012) and The Thing (2011)

• Locked thread