Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Try not to think about how little by little, your eyesight is surely getting worse and looking at computer screens for almost everything nowadays doesn't help!

But ignoring reality is what I use VIDEO GAMES FOR AND NIER ISN'T OUT YET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to kiss Yoko Taro on his Emil mask and thank him for what we are soon to receive.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is the best derail, by the way, even if it's revealing how horribly crippled for life I am.

It's appropriate for the thread.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Look on the bright side, climate change will probably reduce our standard of living by an unimaginable degree long before most of our senses have a chance to noticeably degenerate.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Turns out I can hear a higher frequency in my right ear than my left.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Losing my eye sight and hearing doesn't bother me much.
I aspire to become a brain-in-a-jar with a usb plug, within my lifetime. So I can connect myself straight to a computer.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HenryEx posted:

I hope not.

18+ kHz supremacy :smuggo:

(i can't actually hear 18+ anymore)

edit: if you wanna try yourself: http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/

I can just barely hear 18 without turning my volume up
19 and up is a no-go

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Have they released the required PC specs anywhere yet? I've got a feeling I might need to stick a new GPU into the pile of garbage I've been calling a PC since 2013.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Augus posted:

I can just barely hear 18 without turning my volume up
19 and up is a no-go

I was able to hear the full range except 22 kHz but I had to turn my volume way up.

Think I got something out of the 22 kHz range as well but it was more "felt" than heard so I don't know if it was psychosomatic or not.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I was able to hear the 18 khz when it was being turned on and off but not the sound itself. Don't know how much of that meant any.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

HenryEx posted:

I hope not.

edit: if you wanna try yourself: http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/

It was at this point that I became :smith: when I clicked on the 12kHz and nothing came out (or was drowned out by my tinnitis).

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HenryEx posted:

I hope not.

I can hear 14khz at normal volumes and 15khz at high volume.

Nothing else after that. Sad times.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-500-hkd-psn-card-hk/13/707ex7

HNNNGGGG I COULD BE PLAYING THIS GAME TOMORROW!!!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Looks like the March 10th PC date has been removed from the trailer. Sorry PC bros :(

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If they had March 10th up as a date, that at least tells us the PC port's probably near completion. It won't be a case like Revengeance where we got the PC port like a year later, at least.

Sarpsa
Nov 17, 2012
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230753866&postcount=715

Found this from the Gematsu article comments. So either the PC release got pushed back after those trailers were made, or SE is just gonna pretend that the PC version doesn't exist until the last possible moment.
That and the fact SE hasn't (yet) said anything about the steam release date being incorrect gives me slight hope, but i'm still preparing for the worst.

MisterSithums
Oct 20, 2010

Maybe hes roleplaying robocop.

Sarpsa posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=230753866&postcount=715

Found this from the Gematsu article comments. So either the PC release got pushed back after those trailers were made, or SE is just gonna pretend that the PC version doesn't exist until the last possible moment.
That and the fact SE hasn't (yet) said anything about the steam release date being incorrect gives me slight hope, but i'm still preparing for the worst.

I would think it would be easy enough to edit the date of the Steam release, especially considering these trailers were made 3-4 days ago. Even just a PC/Steam logo would fit if they have no specific launch date, but with Squeenix's lack of promotion of the PC version already I'm guessing a Sony marketing deal. Though that being said this whole mess is making me anxious as hell about the release.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Any specifics on what the PS4 performance will be like? I didn't play the demo.

After playing Nioh I have realized I am pretty much OK with the resolution going to zero and LOD six feet away from me turning into a slideshow as long as it's 60fps

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

After playing Nioh I have realized I am pretty much OK with the resolution going to zero and LOD six feet away from me turning into a slideshow as long as it's 60fps
Then I have good news for you. Everyone says 60 even on non-Pro.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Demo used dynamic resolution to maintain 60fps, like Nioh. Except it doesn't seem to need to dip below 900p, whereas Nioh spends a lot of time at 720p. So that's nice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm getting in on this instead of waiting and getting a free Emil t-shirt. Only around £7 more is too much to pass up for a couple of weeks early.

Looks like the HK store isn't preloading though so I won't be able to play until Thursday my time probably, because it'll probably be middle of the night when it updates for me. (Around 5pm PST I think is when the window for HK store updates begins)

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 22, 2017

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

DeathSandwich posted:

I could hear 17, couldn't hear 18 or 19, but I could hear 20. What the gently caress?

Could be your headphones can't handle the higher frequencies so they're crackling.

I could hear up to 20 myself, maybe 21 but at that point it was hard to tell if I was actually hearing the sound or the track turning on then off. 22 is out.

Mr E posted:

Turns out I can hear a higher frequency in my right ear than my left.

Same. My right ear can hear higher frequencies than my left, but my left ear can hear lower frequencies than my right, so it's a weird dynamic where I can hear bass better on my left and high pitches better on my right.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Digital Foundry did a tech breakdown for the demo, they don't cover everything but that's cause it's only a demo, and they give you framerates and pixal counts and all that fancy poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvs7I2QUFh8

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I can barely hear 17 kHz, and then all the way to 22 kHz I can hear/feel a sound being played. I'm not sure how they were supposed to sound originally. It's like a soft, barely audible tone as if somebody put a pillow over the speaker.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I caved and bought the HK PSN card.

It was $14 more than what I would have paid for on Amazon. Whatever today is my birthday I'm gonna splurge and play the game early!

I guess the unlock isn't until about 5PM PST? Hope my download speeds aren't too terrible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

arisu posted:

I caved and bought the HK PSN card.

It was $14 more than what I would have paid for on Amazon. Whatever today is my birthday I'm gonna splurge and play the game early!

I guess the unlock isn't until about 5PM PST? Hope my download speeds aren't too terrible.

It'll probably be uploaded to the HK store tomorrow morning (HK time), which the earliest time they list for updates is 9am HKT (about 2am GMT), which I think is around 5PM PST Wednesday, yeah.

Saw someone streaming a JP copy with English text earlier so let any fears be assuaged regarding that. The HK version is listed with English/Japanese on Playasia and the PS Blog for HK too so it won't be different. Didn't stop in long but there appears to be some appearance customisation in regards to fashion accessories.

Okabe is working with Taro on that new Mobile game
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/sinoalice-character-introduction-trailer

And it's now officially out in Japan!

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 22, 2017

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Anyone know why I can't add it to my cart in the JP store? I get some error about the game page not being able to be displayed at this time.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Tomie knows me posted:

Anyone know why I can't add it to my cart in the JP store? I get some error about the game page not being able to be displayed at this time.

I'm having the same problem. poo poo sucks.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
At least I'm just at work trying to kickstart the gigantic download, I'd be proper upset if I was actually home.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Tomie knows me posted:

At least I'm just at work trying to kickstart the gigantic download, I'd be proper upset if I was actually home.

Yeah. It's probably just regular psn bullshit. It exists, but doesn't have a price.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

HenryEx posted:

I hope not.

Considering all the ridiculous poo poo I've put my ears through over the years, I consider it a real achievement to be able barely hear 19 in my 30s.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

exser posted:

Yeah. It's probably just regular psn bullshit. It exists, but doesn't have a price.

I have no idea this is true, but I read elsewhere that it's a thing that with pre-orders on PSN, it takes a while to swap over from pre-order mode to released and during that time, the product can't be bought.

I guess it's feasible that a person may need to do it manually and if so, there's like 7 or so hours until 9am JP time when you might be able to expect it to happen. I'd just check in every now and then.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

I've seen this be the case more times than I'd care to admit, so I'm going to say that's exactly what's happening.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I hope it's soon because I don't know if I can handle such a long wait.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

defaults to english voices and text on a us account

here's a hot tip for anyone who's like "i'm gonna start on hard because i'm a tough guy": be really proactive about healing yourself, the auto chip does not work like it did in the demo

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 22, 2017

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah it's a little weird that they can't fluently switch from preorder to purchasable. I'm also terrible at using the jp search bar, nier is hard to find that way, but at least google can find the relevant pages. Or maybe Sony's search system is poo poo.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Their search system is pretty bad, but you can find it pretty easily from the front page. The third tab is for Nier.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yo youtube is starting to throw NIER AUTOMATA BOSS #2 videos at me in the suggested for you window- is there a way to make it stop?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Are you logged into your google account? Try logging out.

CrashScreen posted:

Their search system is pretty bad, but you can find it pretty easily from the front page. The third tab is for Nier.

Last time I tried that button it gave an error. I'll give it a go again later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yo youtube is starting to throw NIER AUTOMATA BOSS #2 videos at me in the suggested for you window- is there a way to make it stop?