Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Jmcrofts posted:

Are you talking about Lap Chi? The guy who runs Canada Cup?

Yeah I didn't know he ran it, poo poo. I just see him talking on Eastern Canadian facebook FGC pages constantly. Any ways I don't know where I'm going with this other than I SEEN THAT GUY or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

capcom promises better communication with players and updates on the game every month (alternating new content and new characters). its is only 9 months since the last time they promised monthly communications with players

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

capcom promises better communication with players and updates on the game every month (alternating new content and new characters). its is only 9 months since the last time they promised monthly communications with players

I would hope they promise better communication with themself too

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Maybe they'll hire a networking engineer that isn't a blind deaf quadruple amputee.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

SF4:SF5::George W Bush:Donald Trump

Yeah it's insane seeing all this thread cry for the halcyon days of SF4 like we didn't all despise and trash talk it in its supremacy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ROFL Octopus posted:

I would hope they promise better communication with themself too

What was it, like the first DLC character that the US team said it's coming on *this* date and the Japan team told them to get hosed?

Good times.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah it's insane seeing all this thread cry for the halcyon days of SF4 like we didn't all despise and trash talk it in its supremacy.

Everything just keeps getting worse with time.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Faffel posted:

Nah Tekken got good again after being bad

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Faffel posted:

Sf4 launch sucked but ultra was pretty good. Here's to hoping SFv repeats this cycle

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This game and the season pass content are on sale on PS4 currently, for anyone interested, which going by this thread probably isn't anyone.

I still like this game though.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

mango sentinel posted:

Nah Tekken got good again after being bad

And now it's got a season pass. We'll see how that goes. Maybe T7 DLC will own.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

I didn't. :colbert:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Whatever game got me into fighting games is good and everything that came out after is poo poo. Fact.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

mango sentinel posted:

tbf I think you're mixing up posters. The people who always hated 4 and 5 never went back and liked 4.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Whatever game got me into fighting games is good and everything that came out after is poo poo. Fact.

Accurate.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

Melty Blood, Guilty Gear XX, and Melee ftw

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

but mortal kombat 1 sucks

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The halcyon days of Clayfighter

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

wu tang shaolin style is GREAT

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jmcrofts posted:

Idk if the SNES Versions of SF2 were actually any good, but I prefer super turbo definitely

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Whatever game got me into fighting games is poo poo. Fact.

this but for me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

xrd -sign-

yes comparitively

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I still can't believe they think they're going to carry momentum for this game with 3 brand new characters. They must be hitting some obscure callbacks or like Chun Li's dad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i've seen some guesses that they are guest characters and that maybe they'll throw people a bone and put out a special 30th anniversary classic character or something outside of the season pass.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling! posted:

outside of the season pass.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

19.99 for sagat and a new version of the evo stage with different recycled models at ringside

1% to the winners' pot

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I dont know, sf4 didnt kill millions of people but i guess its kinda close

It made me feel dead inside

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
:v: THE PRODIGAL SON RETURNS :v:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Goodpart posted:

:v: THE PRODIGAL SON RETURNS :v:

ryan hart??

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Captain Baal posted:

Idk if the SNES Versions of SF2 were actually any good, but I prefer super turbo definitely

Well, massive sales aren't necessarily proof that something is good, but Hyper Fighting for the SNES was legitimately great.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/galtu00/status/834365314036953089

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Keegers posted:

Sf4 launch sucked but ultra was pretty good. Here's to hoping SFv repeats this cycle

this guy doesnt remember ultra's PC netplay being super hosed up

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Enkmar posted:

because of the one guy from poland who was in charge of fixing it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Enkmar posted:

Even during the brief (it was like 2 months?) period when USF4's PC netcode was hosed it was still better than SFV's netcode right now.
Also it only affected public lobbies and had no impact on private ones.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

Even during the brief (it was like 2 months?) period when USF4's PC netcode was hosed it was still better than SFV's netcode right now.

It was pretty garbage, man. Ranked was unplayable for a while even on supposedly good connections (I remember horrible lag with a guy that lived about 80mi from me). For the short period of time that I played SFV, unless I connected to the northeast, I never had it as bad as consistently as I did back during USF4's PC launch.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
It was broke for like a year.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/27/ssfivae-gfwl-to-steamworks-transition

https://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/611701360819092522/

I played only the xbox version for all that time, it was 100% broke on PC.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

EDIT: Unfortunately, both paid and free DLC for the GFWL version will not be transferred over in this process, but Steam should not be affected.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cat Machine posted:

EDIT: Unfortunately, both paid and free DLC for the GFWL version will not be transferred over in this process, but Steam should not be affected.

Man, the only thing that remains constant in life is Capcom being a trash fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Jack Trades posted:

lol and people like yourself still trying to minimize how bad it was