Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What ammunition do you guys like for 40? I've mostly shot Federal and Remington for long guns. Federal gets kind of expensive.

For killing sheets of paper? I usually go with Winchester's white box stuff that's cheap and available everywhere. I've never had a problem in...I dunno, 4000 rounds or so. If I'm going to carry, I've just stuck with Hydra Shok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Dead Reckoning posted:

I was going to recommend The Purp, calibrated to mimic the 180gn HST Homeland Security contract load, but it's out of stock again. Outdoorlimited still has it, but I've never bought from them.

I ordered from outdoorlimited once as they had a screaming poo poo hot deal on some 9mm HSTs and 5.56 TAP FPD. I hadn't heard of them before but took the risk. Even while North Carolina, where they're located, was getting smashed by a winter storm, they got my ammo to me ridiculously fast. I want to think it shipped the day I ordered it? At the very least, the next morning after. Would certainly go back to them.

Their prices are some "fell off the truck" levels of cheap, it's great.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

For killing sheets of paper? I usually go with Winchester's white box stuff that's cheap and available everywhere. I've never had a problem in...I dunno, 4000 rounds or so. If I'm going to carry, I've just stuck with Hydra Shok.

Just for killing paper. LOL at trying to get a carry permit in my country.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Freedom remanufactured .40 is usually pretty good. After probably a few thousand rounds of it, I've only seen a handful of issues. No more than any other mid level brand really. They are also selling new steel cased ammo under an in house brand now as well, which is "reasonably" priced.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Capn Beeb posted:

Their prices are some "fell off the truck" levels of cheap, it's great.

Welp, just bought 500 rounds of .308 for 32 cents a round.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

my kinda ape posted:

Welp, just bought 500 rounds of .308 for 32 cents a round.

Wtf that's ridiculous :captainpop:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'm so glad I bought mountains of ammo when it was cheap

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I need to stock up at some point this year. 2018 is when the NY style law comes into effect and you have to purchase ammo at an FFL. 2019 is when ammo purchases require background checks. DROS has a flat fee of $25 for the check, so buying single boxes becomes uneconomical.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

you have to purchase ammo at an FFL.

As if the ammo prices at the local gun shop weren't already inflated.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also "importing" (going out of state to purchase ammo and bringing it in) will be a misdemeanor. Same goes for giving ammo away. Basically if you don't get it through an FFL it's a crime. :rolleyes:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I need to stock up at some point this year. 2018 is when the NY style law comes into effect and you have to purchase ammo at an FFL. 2019 is when ammo purchases require background checks. DROS has a flat fee of $25 for the check, so buying single boxes becomes uneconomical.

gently caress the SAFE act

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Smiling Jack posted:

gently caress the SAFE act
And gently caress Cuomo, too. Piece of poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Thank god I don't live in NY or CA.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Even though I loving love upstate NY, the SAFE Act crossed it off the list of places I'd live.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

This is why I like the Great Lakes region. You've got Chicago (Which IMO parallels NY, LA, and other global cities for cool poo poo to do), Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Madison, etc. all as great cities to live in while we're able to have nearly unrestricted firearms ownership to include all NFA items (as long as you're willing to store them in WI). The natural beauty of rural WI/MN and Lake Michigan/Superior is amazing. Really the only bad things are are the sometimes miserable winters and a lack of actual mountains.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Drav posted:

Wtf that's ridiculous :captainpop:

$185.20 with shipping+insurance which is 37 cents per round, still really cheap.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

loving hell, .308 is over a dollar a round here.

:canada:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Gotta get that surplus Eastern European .308

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

loving hell, .308 is over a dollar a round here.

:canada:

And that's despite the fact you guys can get poo poo from Norinco.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0PuJ-Vx_jY

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Why is my dog next to your gun?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sig status: still in gun jail for six more days

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm so glad I don't live where you are.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Poor li'l Sig. Hang in there, buddy. :ohdear:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Advice request:

SA XDS .45, $425 + four free magazines (not sure what capacity)
or
M&P Shield .45, $345 + $72 for three extra 7-rd mags, $417 total

I wanted to rent both, but nobody in town has a Shield .45. :(

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

Advice request:

SA XDS .45, $425 + four free magazines (not sure what capacity)
or
M&P Shield .45, $345 + $72 for three extra 7-rd mags, $417 total

I wanted to rent both, but nobody in town has a Shield .45. :(

I'd say Shield just for that steal of a price alone, but both are pretty great

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Why .45 over 9mm? More bullets = better than, and the Shield 9mm is so thin & easy to conceal.

FALs are so loving cool.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Pesticide20 posted:

Why is my dog next to your gun?

He just has a thing for the "Right Arm of the Free World."

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
just got a new suppressor, it owns owns owns especially with my .22lr sbr upper

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Snowman Crossing posted:

Wojtek Weaponry is trolling me. I sent them an e-mail last week begging them to do a production run because I bought a rail from them once (they had a few minor defects on a rail they did for contract fulfillment) and the rail was like $100 bucks and extremely nice. Like, a better value/cost point than anything I'd seen.

So this week, they started taking pre-orders on their new model.

The sad thing is I bet it is a really nice rail. But... but...

http://www.wojtekweaponry.com/pre-order-dickmod-rail-pre-order/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Wish I had an AR-15 just so I could buy that rail for it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

sky shark posted:

Why .45 over 9mm? More bullets = better than, and the Shield 9mm is so thin & easy to conceal.

A few smaller reasons that, individually, wouldn't be deciding factors. I already have a 45 but no 9mm, and I want some commonality among my guns. So far nothing I own shares ammo. I'm still not thrilled with 9mm ballistics. I know, it's generally fine, but so is 45. And I was considering the 9mm, but then this Shield sale hit so I'm back to my original preference. The 45 is only .04" wider, so that's a non-issue.

And if I don't like it, I can flip it and probably make a profit on either of these.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Wanna grip that FAL, pet that dog :3:

Post your gats with your pets

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ack. Ok, so that mil/LE sale on M&P 45 Shield...they've got the other calibers and various other options on sale too. If you back up the menu a bit you can see the other brands. I don't know if anyone's in the market for something like that, but $325ish for a 9mm or 40 Shield seems pretty legit. You can find them for the same price on gunbroker if you're patient, but they usually go for higher.

Great. Now I really need to decide what I want.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

If you're still in and have an ID you can go to most law enforcement dealers and buy LE SKUs which are usually cheaper and come with nightsights as well as extra magazines. I know S&W and SIG do.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
GF went to the gun store yesterday evening and tried to buy the Ruger LCP after she finally got to fire on set up correctly and liked it. Ended up delayed through NICS, as well as about 20 other people trying to buy that day from that store. Friend I know who went to buy his son a .22 lastnight at Walmart had the same issue. Anyone else having the same issue?

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 24, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not yesterday but I had no NICS issues last week. SIG status: 4 more days in gun jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Asking the store to hold the gun until my CCW comes through so I don't have to pay an extra background check fee. I don't care about the check itself, but I hate paying for something that I'll be exempt from sometime next month.