Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

This makes sense, because teaching isn't a real job and they need to understand how real people work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AnneFrankCenter/status/834140830709465089

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Robert Plant posted:

Aw poo poo I want a hoagie

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

I come fron the nert, thru systebs peoplws cities to this place ....... .............cspam

my format, shitpoatwt

to defrnd against goblibs glbond gobljbs goblibd goblins goblibe gobljgf gobluvs glbiva vblond goblhva gpbliva gpbljv goblivs gpmlubs

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
PEACE OUT :zoomed:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lmao, like teachers don't have enough free time as is

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Serf posted:

technically being the absolute worst is an extraordinary ability

loooooooooooooooooooool

needs a sponsor, he doesn't get a job he's fuckin out of here

someone correct me if I'm wrong

Serf
May 5, 2011

Shageletic posted:

loooooooooooooooooooool

needs a sponsor, he doesn't get a job he's fuckin out of here

someone correct me if I'm wrong

infowars will hire him or he becomes co-press secretary

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

fits my needs posted:

Lmao, like teachers don't have enough free time as is

Maybe they can earn enough money at their government mandated 2nd job to pay for all the school supplies they're currently buying out of pocket anyway.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

pathetic little tramp posted:

There's confusion about the Ben Taub shooting because there was another shooting there 3 years ago and people are reading that as if it happened today.

Just another wacky circumstance of lolusa.

Like Biggie rapping about blowing up like the World Trade Center

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mar ma laxeljanz xr tofacitinib citrate

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Those teachers always have some leftist answer to everything. Well, now's the time for them to pick up some real learning, American Style.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Chokes McGee posted:

orange marmalade pretty far up there I feel

orange marmalade is loving amazing and i will not tolerate such lies and slander

also, ikea makes an orange marmalade with elderflower that is god drat amazing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

mar ma laxeljanz xr tofacitinib citrate

:wom:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

Maybe they can earn enough money at their government mandated 2nd job to pay for all the school supplies they're currently buying out of pocket anyway.

I don't understand why teachers betray their class and essentially pay their own salaries (already insultingly low) back to the owners like that.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

me irl in five minutes

me in 15min

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I hope everyone leaves Ohio

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

me in 69 dudes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sU-QWoUt94

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

oooh whao that brings me back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdgzG758z94

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

shovelbum posted:

I don't understand why teachers betray their class and essentially pay their own salaries (already insultingly low) back to the owners like that.

1: I mean, you can't really run a class if your students don't have good things. Teachers usually care about their students, and they want them to do well, so they'll spend their own money to update their worksite because they care.

2: If they DON'T do this, instead going "gently caress you I'm not spending my goddamn salary to update my worksite, that's your loving job management" they don't look like they're sticking it to the man, they look like they're refusing to do what's necessary for their students.

3: With no one to have their back on this, they're not... really in a position to risk looking like bad teachers.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

trump seems willing to go to places within two or three blocks of the white house, such as the smithsonian museum he went to today

maybe he'll try to end antisemitism by going to loeb's kosher deli around the corner on i street

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grondoth posted:

1: I mean, you can't really run a class if your students don't have good things. Teachers usually care about their students, and they want them to do well, so they'll spend their own money to update their worksite because they care.

2: If they DON'T do this, instead going "gently caress you I'm not spending my goddamn salary to update my worksite, that's your loving job management" they don't look like they're sticking it to the man, they look like they're refusing to do what's necessary for their students.

3: With no one to have their back on this, they're not... really in a position to risk looking like bad teachers.

as with literally every employee-employer relationship the answer is collective action,

and as with every collective action there is a whole class of problems which emerge

nothing new under ed balls

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

got all the work done in the warehouse; did Sean do anything hell of spicy today?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chokes McGee posted:

your move, scumbag

White people buy the jelly version. The apricot guy though is better.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Grondoth posted:

This is the part I don't really get I guess, I mean I take pride in my job but beyond immediate literal survival I am not married to the materials movin' through the business process.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

lmao.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Reboot owned and if I had any liquor within arm's reach I'd pour one out for Tony Jay rn

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_903744xh8

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Grondoth posted:

In Florida, from my experience, this was slightly mitigated somewhat by students bringing in materials for their own use (thus shifting the burden onto parents) and even up until high school, students were asked to bring paper towels and a ream of paper in exchange for extra credit.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

that's a better click than i thought it would be

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Weeping Wound posted:

got all the work done in the warehouse; did Sean do anything hell of spicy today?

not really, he was a colossal douchebag and got a little whiny about even softball questions but it's nothing new

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Teaching is like being a game developer. They know you're doing it because you WANT to do it and therefore you can get abused in ways that job mercenaries can't.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Weeping Wound posted:

nah

i kinda miss werking under the table late at nite in a warehouse by myself back when i was an unemployed college grad, as u can prob imagine i got up to all sorts of crazy shiet back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW54Lz9Q4Qw

:q:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

shovelbum posted:

This is the part I don't really get I guess, I mean I take pride in my job but beyond immediate literal survival I am not married to the materials movin' through the business process.

teachers deal w children not sprockets you goober

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

C-Euro posted:

Reboot owned and if I had any liquor within arm's reach I'd pour one out for Tony Jay rn

i always thought it was great that megabyte was basically the only character in that show that was not completely ruined by the overeager censorship that plagued it

the working theory we came up with in a mumble channel about this last night was that all the censors were afraid of tony jay's voice

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shovelbum posted:

are you childfree?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Reboot owned

*country elects IRL Mike the TV*

i take it back

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/834103479199203330

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

are you childfree?

Nah I like kids I just wish teachers would look out for themselves a lil better, their love and care gets really exploited and I hate it. I used to work a job like that, and I learned real quick never to work a job where your coworkers say "Oh I was made for this, I would do it for free, I can't see myself ever doing anything else so the pay just is what it is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

o poo poo they cracked the code

• Locked thread