Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

ChiTownEddie posted:

...wtf

So "Use a team of axe users to clear [...]" means "use an axe user"?

You can't have any non-axe-users on your team, but you can have a team of 3 or fewer axe-users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Andrast posted:

Your team has to b only axe users, but you can just field like two units if you want to

Oh.
Durrr.
Well I'd still have to level up 2 really bad 3stars. So we'll see.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

Oh.
Durrr.
Well I'd still have to level up 2 really bad 3stars. So we'll see.

A single high level unit will clear the important missions just fine (the ones with orb rewards)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I've got Swords and Lances done, but Axes is causing me trouble. Still have both Seventh Stratum and 7-4 Lunatic left because I don't have a single axe user above 30. Highest is currently 27, and for 7-4 I'm probably going to want to be just about lvl 40. Fifth Stratum took two attempts because on the first attempt the singular enemy Red had loving Axebreaker.

Current lineup is:
5* lvl 27 Camilla
4* lvl 20 Camilla (pulled them both out of the same goddamn draw - on the current Sibling banner)
4* lvl 21 Anna
4* lvl 21 Raven

None of my others are remotely close in level, and the rest are all 3* or below as well (bar a 4* lvl 1 Beruka).

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Did anything unlock when you completed a full page like all Swords? I haven't bothered to do the lunatic levels since those badge rewards are like whatever if you've been leveling enough poo poo in the towers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Did anything unlock when you completed a full page like all Swords? I haven't bothered to do the lunatic levels since those badge rewards are like whatever if you've been leveling enough poo poo in the towers.

No. The list has all the quests, no extra unlocks or anything.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Sooooooo, does anyone have a good place to farm that whole beat Level 35+ Armoured unit lunatic quest? I'd sure love to have that 5 orbs, myself.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Cosmic Afro posted:

Sooooooo, does anyone have a good place to farm that whole beat Level 35+ Armoured unit lunatic quest? I'd sure love to have that 5 orbs, myself.

Lunatic Two Noblemen, beat Hector

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Abel is a dang wrecking ball, so glad I rolled a 5*. I figured he must have had a Sapphire Lance or Triangle Adept the way people talked about him wrecking sword lords, but nope, just a no-downside Swordbreaker and great stats with a Brave Lance.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
aww, what the hell? now that I ranked up, every team I'm against is a whale player with their level 40 Hector+2.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Arena Lunatic missions needs loving 80 wins for the first mission, and 40 for the second? What the hell? :psyduck:

I'd take a huge net loss of Dueling Crests for that insanity, so I think I'll just be happy with the first two mission levels, thanks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish I ran into more Hectors because Tharja eats them up and if properly buffed oneshots them.

dabe
Nov 18, 2012

Rascyc posted:

I don't think I've gotten a single defense win since putting my Nino team into slot 1.

I took Nino out of my defense team because the AI does a lot of dumb things with the Draw Back skill.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Senerio posted:

Lunatic Two Noblemen, beat Hector

This is working very well, and better than just randomly doing the training tower. Thanks you.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Andrast posted:

A single high level unit will clear the important missions just fine (the ones with orb rewards)

Oh good, looks like it's Sharena's time to shine

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Can people stop being aghast that they're not expected to complete every mission?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Just use a Light's Blessing if you're struggling with the Ch. 9 Lunatic missions, you probably have a bunch lying around and they're not really useful for anything else.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Hello, would you kind folks please assist me with team composition for Defense and Attack? My units are listed below.

Red
5 Star
Roy
Leo
4 Star
Marth
Laslow
Corrin
Olivia
Hana
Tiki
Sophia
Tharja

Blue
5 Star
Ephraim
Azura
4 Star
Catria
Robin

Green
5 Star
4 Star
Raven
Frederick
Beruka
Merric
Nino
Cecilia

Colorless
5 Star
Takumi
4 Star

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I treated 9.2 lunatic as a challenge to do it without a rez, but I had absolutely no problems with using one on 9.4 and 9.5 since you are clearly dealing with boss characters. Nearly had to use two Blessings on 9.5, it was really close at the end.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I had to use one on whatever had the three armors.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
After getting 5* Sharena to combo with 4* Nino and a 5* Young Tiki and 5* Lucina, the 9-1 to 9-4 Lunatic missions were all very doable for me, although some were close. Haven't tried 9-5 yet.

But when I only ran Young Tiki, Lucina, Camilla and Est, they were impossible.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
If you can eliminate Veronica early in 9-5L it becomes a cakewalk

This kinda goes for all varieties of 9-5 I guess

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Hello, would you kind folks please assist me with team composition for Defense and Attack? My units are listed below.

Red
5 Star
Roy
Leo
4 Star
Marth
Laslow
Corrin
Olivia
Hana
Tiki
Sophia
Tharja

Blue
5 Star
Ephraim
Azura
4 Star
Catria
Robin

Green
5 Star
4 Star
Raven
Frederick
Beruka
Merric
Nino
Cecilia

Colorless
5 Star
Takumi
4 Star

Offense:

Takumi, Azura, Robin, Roy/Marth is probably a solid foundation, consider upgrading Nino/Sharena when you can and going for a Nino/Azura/Sharena/Takumi meme team.

Defense:
Not sure for an overall team but all you really want is for one good team to stumble, and Takumi and a Dancer might throw their calculations out of whack enough to make that happen. Marth and Catria are also probably solid picks for you here, I want to say? E: actually replace Marth with Tharja probably, you want a way to beat Hector

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 21, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Do featured unit bonuses also apply to defense or can I just run whoever in slot 1

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Do featured unit bonuses also apply to defense or can I just run whoever in slot 1

Run whoever, your bonus depends on the enemy team.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Leveling 2 or 3*s to even level 20 in the training tower is laborious. They drop off so hard after level 15.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Leveling 2 or 3*s to even level 20 in the training tower is laborious. They drop off so hard after level 15.

I dunno about 3 stars. Some of them are alright. (I still swear by three star Donnel pulling his weight), but lower stars? Yeah. That's what shards are for, because fighting with them is agony.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

PJOmega posted:

3* heroes with decent skills and weapons are fine, which is honestly most of them. There isn't really much difference between 3* and 4* for the purposes of leveling, barring specific exceptions that get killer weapons or skills at 4*. But you should definitely blow some feathers on 2* dudes because leveling them is painful, yeah.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

3* heroes with decent skills and weapons are fine, which is honestly most of them. There isn't really much difference between 3* and 4* for the purposes of leveling, barring specific exceptions that get killer weapons or skills at 4*. But you should definitely blow some feathers on 2* dudes because leveling them is painful, yeah.

Well, you can't Unlock Potential until level 20, so that's why I'm running the guys I might eventually rank up to level 20.

Olivia I didn't bother with. Crystals>Feathers>Crystals>Feathers>Crystals to level 20 at 4*. She wouldn't even learn dance until 3*.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

dragon enthusiast posted:

If you can eliminate Veronica early in 9-5L it becomes a cakewalk

This kinda goes for all varieties of 9-5 I guess

My team had a lot of trouble with Xander too, because it's almost all Green so I could barely hurt him.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Really holding out for Cynthia, Kjelle, Severa and Owain to all be incredibly cool and good so I can run Team Best Kids.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clawtopsy posted:

Really holding out for Cynthia, Kjelle, Severa and Owain to all be incredibly cool and good so I can run Team Best Kids.

When Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Judgral comes out they're gonna release gen 2 of Awakening, Fates, and Genealogy all together. The banner will be Seliph (again), Lucina (again), Shigure, and Morgan (M). Everyone you actually want will be 3* garbage

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

When Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Judgral comes out they're gonna release gen 2 of Awakening, Fates, and Genealogy all together. The banner will be Seliph (again), Lucina (again), Shigure, and Morgan (M). Everyone you actually want will be 3* garbage

really hoping they add a way to get more feathers so it doesn't take me 10-ish weeks to make one NOT 3* garbo

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Excuse me. We will get female Morgan, the superior one. :colbert:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AradoBalanga posted:

the superior one. :colbert:

Hence "everyone you actually want will be 3* trash"

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

cheetah7071 posted:

I just want Noire in my party. That's all I need. Even if she's really weak and pointless, I'll be happy.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

noire is very cool, and also very good

i could drop owain for her based on odin being such a huge disappointment

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
So I pulled a +spd - Def hector, lol, is there any big problems he'd run into with that stat spread?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cosmic Afro posted:

Training 7 seems ok, anything higher would be even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

GLAAD trash bags posted:

So I pulled a +spd - Def hector, lol, is there any big problems he'd run into with that stat spread?

He gets 2-shot by average Lucina or Ryoma, which is kinda bad. Otherwise Hector could kill them in 3 hits by baiting a counter from full HP.