Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

Remember when Clinton had 18 months to come up with an emphatic answer to "coal is dead no matter who you vote for, I'm at least offering a transition", then got the world's most perfectly packaged idiot to ask the question, and still hosed it up?

You're never going to beat the guy that straight up lies to you. Clinton's hacked emails show that she was extremely careful not to promise on something she felt she could't deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

*in extremely guy getting hosed over voice* yeah, gently caress those guys over too

Ummm, yeah it's hella fuckin funny that cops are mad that Trump lied to them. I mean it's fuckin Trump!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i believe, unironically have fath, that trump will make america great again

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shageletic posted:

Australia really beating us in the mobbing against politicans technology race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcwQhrfbt8

dusappointed this wasn't the vid of a politician getting a dildo thrown at them

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Vladimir Putin posted:

You're never going to beat the guy that straight up lies to you. Clinton's hacked emails show that she was extremely careful not to promise on something she felt she could't deliver.

Maybe she should have not had a poo poo strategy like that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
gently caress tjhe police lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

its gonna own when all these old rear end politicians loving die

Remember celebrating when Reagan kicked the bucket? It's going to be like a reverse Bowie when McConnell croaks

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

https://twitter.com/adambeam/status/834077132196229121

by RSVP only

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump is fufilling his cmapaign promises

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Vladimir Putin posted:

once again, americans would rather vote for a comforting lie than an uncomfortable truth

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

greater than it already is? Or restoring it to a previous greatness level?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

haha yeah an the dog is real peevish aboutit

>:V//
 _[  ]
     \\

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Baloogan posted:

trump is fufilling his cmapaign promises

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Baloogan posted:

*scratchy voice* Amer-ica *awkward pause* is already greeeeaatt *weird inflection*

*loses election*

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

No, RSPV. Read the dang sign dude.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

gently caress everyone that isn't a strait white man

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

s'il poo vay

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

Peop;e really thought that the norms of a functioning society were stable regardless of who was president. Trump rapidly disillusioned them of that.
That's an interesting factor too. Many people have spent decades of their lives assuming this. It's the root of the "both sides are the same" fallacy. In a morbid way, it's good that Donald has shown people how delicate democracy is... it's just not good that he might cause catastrophic damage in the process.

Gringostar posted:

emails dude

that and lots of people thought that she would coast into the WH so didn't show up because someone else would

or they literally couldn't vote because of voter suppression

That too. That's the fourth pillar of the "gently caress democracy" strategy of the right.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nichael posted:

"If you can answer any of that I'll sit down and shut up like Elizabeth Warren."
holy poo poo

It's really encouraging to see people this angry at the right people for once, but where in the gently caress was this energy and passion on November 8th, 2016? Did people not realize how bad things were about to get if they didn't vote?

EMAILS EMAILS IS HILLARY TRUSTWORTHY EMAILS BENGHAZI

It seems like Trump's badness was saturated to us, but understand that Fox News didn't cover a single negative scandal of his and instead ran with all the crazy lies out of Macedonia, and all the other usual suspects were worse. If you never left that bubble you probably only heard about the pussy tape after you voted for him

It's depressing as poo poo, but people now realizing that the Republicans cannot be trusted to not kill them for a dollar is at least resulting in some fun vids

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

yeah at a lot of these town hall events they do this. they want you to rsvp so they get your info so they can email, call, send letters, or harrass you.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

Maybe she should have not had a poo poo strategy like that.

Trump had a winning strategy but it kind of destroyed America in the process.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lol it takes one to know one, you've joked about your wife's Asian heritage pretty freely in the POS

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyTgrQ50aEI

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

zegermans posted:

I was in one but then they disbanded it, if you watched the documentary "The Wire Season 2"

i always think of baltimore as a bulk and ro ro port but they do have those badass super-post-panamax cranes at seagirt

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RSPV reporting for duty

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Apraxin posted:

Hahaha, looks even parts of the FOP are starting to realize they might have hosed up by endorsing Trump. This is our local lodge chair, who looks like a Hollywood stereotype of a bloated, corrupt cop, hates BLM, and told people offended by one of his officers having a nazi tattoo 'calm down, it's just an eagle!:

Good job guys!:downsbravo:

gently caress them, they knew what he was. They voted to get turned into strike breakers at half pay while all actual enforcement is gutted or shifted to private security firms

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Early Evening Crew picking over bones of election defeat - Sad!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

i like this gimmick

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

~100 pages, no name change, so what

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

Remember when Clinton had 18 months to come up with an emphatic answer to "coal is dead no matter who you vote for, I'm at least offering a transition", then got the world's most perfectly packaged idiot to ask the question, and still hosed it up?

she could have had a real jobs plan. how easy would it have been to say something like

coal isnt coming back and I know that is hard to hear. what we will do is create a jobs and infrastructure plan. we want your kids to have a bright future and we want to give you the opportunity to help build that future

done.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Drastic Actions posted:

greater than it already is? Or restoring it to a previous greatness level?

greater than ever before ofc

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

>:V//
 _[  ]
     \\

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

eonwe posted:

she could have had a real jobs plan. how easy would it have been to say something like

coal isnt coming back and I know that is hard to hear. what we will do is create a jobs and infrastructure plan. we want your kids to have a bright future and we want to give you the opportunity to help build that future

done.

I mean, she did say poo poo like this. So did Sanders. It's hard to compete with "bing bing bong bong" though. In all seriousness, maybe they should've "bing bing bong bonged" too.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

eonwe posted:

done.

instead it was "read my website"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

i always think of baltimore as a bulk and ro ro port but they do have those badass super-post-panamax cranes at seagirt

and peopke say my posrts are incomprwhensible!!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

gently caress them, they knew what he was. They voted to get turned into strike breakers at half pay while all actual enforcement is gutted or shifted to private security firms

actually they voted for that to happen to everyone but them

trump has no concept of goodwill though so lol

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Gringostar posted:

google ron paul

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gringostar posted:

That was one (very bad) instance. There were plenty of times Clinton and Sanders gave very good answers to questions like that. The media chose to cover an empty Donald podium instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Woof Blitzer posted:

google ron paul

kill your parents

unironically

• Locked thread