Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

That was one (very bad) instance. There were plenty of times Clinton and Sanders gave very good answers to questions like that. The media chose to cover an empty Donald podium instead.

trump's empty podium has more substance than crooked hillary or sanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gringostar posted:

kill your parents

unironically

doesn't ron paul hate his kid now

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nichael posted:

That was one (very bad) instance. There were plenty of times Clinton and Sanders gave very good answers to questions like that. The media chose to cover an empty Donald podium instead.

it's almost like the media cares more about ratings than facts

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

No, RSPV. Read the dang sign dude.

Can you really expect the GOP to get an abbreviated French phrase right?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Oh no, Rand! :ohdear:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Remember celebrating when Reagan kicked the bucket? It's going to be like a reverse Bowie when McConnell croaks

hell yeah dude. remember when scalia died?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

yah even his podium is fat lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hillary Clinton sucked some rear end
Had a ceiling of unbroken glass

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

dunno why rand paul doesn't throw a bone to the ron paul crowd :/

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/834163247939014656

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

zegermans posted:

Also "Hey Mr. Dreamer when did you stop hanging around gangs? Ooops gotta deport you now"

*has dreamer write down that he is not a violent gang member*

*halfassedly erases the word not and deports him*

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

The REAL Goobusters posted:

hell yeah dude. remember when scalia died?

my dick is still hard from that tbqh

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

and the dems won't capitalize on any of this

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

eonwe posted:

she could have had a real jobs plan. how easy would it have been to say something like

coal isnt coming back and I know that is hard to hear. what we will do is create a jobs and infrastructure plan. we want your kids to have a bright future and we want to give you the opportunity to help build that future

done.

Uhh that's going to make you lose vs somebody who promises to bring back coal jobs.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

eonwe posted:

she could have had a real jobs plan. how easy would it have been to say something like

coal isnt coming back and I know that is hard to hear. what we will do is create a jobs and infrastructure plan. we want your kids to have a bright future and we want to give you the opportunity to help build that future

done.

no she shouldge reached into her pockey and takeb out a cig and a zippo and lit the ciggy while emotionlessly saying "coals dead bitxh" then taken one drag and flicked the cig into kwn bones eye

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ron paul's cult of personality just kinda.... vanished.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gringostar posted:

it's almost like the media cares more about ratings than facts
there's no way the democracy can overcome donald, or future nazi-donalds if we continue to encourage this kind of media production.

oh thank god, that act of senseless vandalism has been dealt with!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vladimir Putin posted:

Uhh that's going to make you lose vs somebody who promises to bring back coal jobs.

aren't you the guy who thought it was cool and good that obama didn't jail bankers for the crash

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
draw me,, line onw of ur anime girls

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Baloogan posted:

they all moved on to Trunp

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Baloogan posted:

unfortunately the substance is piss

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

good metaphor for trumpmerica

Baloogan posted:

they put their white hoods back on for a while then started wearing red hats instead

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Dude people don't want jobs programs and don't want to change their life. They just want their coal jobs back.

Get that through your skulls.

Either lie to them and tell them you'll bring it all back or be prepared to lose their vote. It's that simple.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it makes me sad sometimes that hillary clinton probably doesn't realize how terrible she is

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

they all moved on to Trunp

~consistent ideology~

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
What people want to hear isn't always what's best for them so sometimes you have to lie

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

aren't you the guy who thought it was cool and good that obama didn't jail bankers for the crash

These people don't want job programs. They want the coal jobs back.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Vladimir Putin posted:

Dude people don't want jobs programs and don't want to change their life. They just want their coal jobs back.

Get that through your skulls.

Either lie to them and tell them you'll bring it all back or be prepared to lose their vote. It's that simple.

too stupid to live, too electorally relevant to die,

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Hillary should've just fuckin lied to these retards instead of trying to tell em they're hosed lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

What people want to hear isn't always what's best for them so sometimes you have to lie
I do think the left could benefit a lot by adopting Donald's tactics (just without the rampant hate on marginalized groups).

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Baloogan posted:

trump is fufilling his cmapaign promises

Where's my trade war?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

when cars came out did people say 'those horses aren't going anywhere'

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Remember the gold standard as a notion of right wing politics? what a fail idea lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Yeah Hillary should've just fuckin lied to these retards instead of trying to tell em they're hosed lol

maube she did but to the peopke who voted for her

like me!!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

The lie could've been the best of both worlds. "Coal's not coming back, but my solutions will make your regions more powerful than they've ever been before. *ahem* bing bing bong bong"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Capital always wins, friends~

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Epic High Five posted:

It's depressing as poo poo, but people now realizing that the Republicans cannot be trusted to not kill them for a dollar is at least resulting in some fun vids

lol, there are two groups of people

1. those who have always known that; and
2. those who immerse themselves in RWM and not only do not know that now but will never know that

the outspoken passion you are seeing across the country is not repubs suddenly becoming informed, lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Nichael posted:

I do think the left could benefit a lot by adopting Donald's tactics (just without the rampant hate on marginalized groups).

1) tell people their hatred and fear are very good and patriotic
2) lie to everyone at all times

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Hypha posted:

Where's my trade war?

Coming. Soon.

Buy HDs and electronics now :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Nichael posted:

*watches an inspector gadget cartoon*

"we could benefit a lot by adopting that guy's strategy"

• Locked thread