Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I AM A RETARD.

exquisite tea posted:

Miranda is also one of the most well-written and performed characters in all of Mass Effect. Mtn Dew Code Red IGN spokesmodel she is not.

Miranda is literally the worst, most completely bullshit character in the series.

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah Miranda, like most of the human characters, should be left on the ship and forgotten about.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Miranda was one of the best human characters in 2.

AlternateAccount posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4&t=88s

They kind of fixed the gun takeaway thing. Still goofy, but it moves faster and now the mouths kinda sync up with the dialogue.

Miranda is literally the worst, most completely bullshit character in the series.

Look at you just filled with lies today. The gifs are FROM that video; they didn't fix poo poo.

Miranda is dope.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 21, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Taking a team of Miranda and Zaeed with a renegade Shepard was pretty good, both thematically and gameplay.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Probably the only thing I don't like about Miranda's story arc is that she brings up the control chip again during her plot in 3, even if you talked about it in 2, and if your response to her isn't "NOPE IT'S OKAY I FORGIVE YOU FOREVER" she gets offed in the Horizon mission.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Drifter posted:

Miranda was one of the best human characters in 2.

Look at you just filled with lies today. The gifs are FROM that video; they didn't fix poo poo.

No way duder. Go back and watch the ORIGINAL gameplay video. Everyone looked like a weird spastic with a mouthful of peanut butter. Mouths didn't match words at all.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The team was always Shepard, Garrus + somebody else who was cool. In the first game that was Wrex or Tali. In the second it was Tali or Grunt. And then in the third it was Javik or Tali (but probably Javik, let's be real here).

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Serf posted:

The team was always Shepard, Garrus + somebody else who was cool. In the first game that was Wrex or Tali. In the second it was Tali or Grunt. And then in the third it was Javik or Tali (but probably Javik, let's be real here).

Weird, I always thought Tali was super boring

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Miranda is good but I can appreciate the incest-baby subtext isn't for everyone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lt. Danger posted:

Miranda is good but I can appreciate the incest-baby subtext isn't for everyone.

I mean MGS:2 is one of the best games of all time. I say get over it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

AlternateAccount posted:

No way duder. Go back and watch the ORIGINAL gameplay video. Everyone looked like a weird spastic with a mouthful of peanut butter. Mouths didn't match words at all.

It looks the drat same, so if they fixed it it was a completely miniscule iterative attempt. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and won't argue with you since I'm too lazy to go and find an original one, but the date of that video was from December of last year - which is why I still think you're wrong.

That said, it's the fact that from the nose up there's zero emotion or expressive range. I'd be totally okay with the lip synching being a littel sloppy if the eyes could squint and the brow could loving furrow just a little loving bit.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Serf posted:

The team was always Shepard, Garrus + somebody else who was cool.

:frog::respek::haw:

drat right.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Drifter posted:

It looks the drat same, so if they fixed it it was a completely miniscule iterative attempt. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and won't argue with you since I'm too lazy to go and find an original one, but the date of that video was from December of last year - which is why I still think you're wrong.

That said, it's the fact that from the nose up there's zero emotion or expressive range. I'd be totally okay with the lip synching being a littel sloppy if the eyes could squint and the brow could loving furrow just a little loving bit.

Fuckbiscuits I think you're right. Disregard.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

Are you getting the incest part from the fact Miranda is a clone, designed down to the genetic level, of Henry Lawson?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SgtSteel91 posted:

Are you getting the incest part from the fact Miranda is a clone, designed down to the genetic level, of Henry Lawson?

wait i thought she was a clone of an rear end, with an a attached support armature.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

jfood posted:

I'm one of the six or seven people who played as an Engineer and while I love semi-autos, I loving hate scopes.

I've never understood why nobody picks Engineer, I think it's the second most fun behind Sentinel and those two are also imo the easiest, especially for 2. Incinerate, Overload and the Locust will solve every problem in the game quite quickly.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

precision posted:

I've never understood why nobody picks Engineer, I think it's the second most fun behind Sentinel and those two are also imo the easiest, especially for 2. Incinerate, Overload and the Locust will solve every problem in the game quite quickly.

Being hyper effective != being fun.

Being a Pingpong ball of death charging around a battlefield or being a biotic god >>> most tech powers.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I hope they have severe network issues when they release the 10 hour demo and everyone who bought EA access gets 10 hours of server failure screens

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dexo posted:

Being hyper effective != being fun.

Being a Pingpong ball of death charging around a battlefield or being a biotic god >>> most tech powers.

Vanguard is the most fun in 3, I'll grant you that, but in 2 is too inconsistent on the higher (ie fun) difficulties.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

nerdz posted:

I hope they have severe network issues when they release the 10 hour demo and everyone who bought EA access gets 10 hours of server failure screens
And have the screens say OH NO THE REAPERS WON.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Playing Vanguard on ME2 Insanity requires a lot of dying in order to learn all the dumb problems with the game's pathfinding, and even when you get really good at it, you'll probably still die to some bullshit reason every now and then. So much more rewarding than any other class though. Then in ME3 you can pull off completely sick-nasty poo poo like taking on the entire Atlas room in Grissom Academy solo.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

Fuckbiscuits I think you're right. Disregard.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

precision posted:

Abilities are super boring compared to shooting people in the face. A sniper rifle will solve every problem in the game quite quickly.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

I hate Biowar

I klove Bioware

Gonna spend all my money on videogames and starve so i can play it a little bit early

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I really miss femshep's mega bitch voice. The new one sounds so goddamn generic...

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

exquisite tea posted:

Playing Vanguard on ME2 Insanity requires a lot of dying in order to learn all the dumb problems with the game's pathfinding, and even when you get really good at it, you'll probably still die to some bullshit reason every now and then. So much more rewarding than any other class though. Then in ME3 you can pull off completely sick-nasty poo poo like taking on the entire Atlas room in Grissom Academy solo.

Yeah for me2 vanguard insanity run for the first part of the game, say up until Horizon or so you are gonna be dying like a motherfucker non stop. However once you get your points up as long as you got 2 guys to bounce off of you are effectively immortal with the shield buff after each charge.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

I really miss femshep's mega bitch voice. The new one sounds so goddamn generic...

It's pretty hard to top Jennifer Hale. She's been doing this VO thing for a while.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

It's pretty hard to top Jennifer Hale. She's been doing this VO thing for a while.

They could have used the same voice actors! I wouldn't mind. You see same actors in different movies all the time. Why not voice actors too?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ihmemies posted:

Why not voice actors too?

I guess, but how often to actors portray new characters in a setting where they already have an established character?

Sure, it's a different likeness, but with animation a ton of the performance is tied up in the voice and you tend to notice pretty quick if it's the same person. That's how Nolan North got his reputation for playing everyone, their curious and, their dog.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ihmemies posted:

They could have used the same voice actors! I wouldn't mind. You see same actors in different movies all the time. Why not voice actors too?

It was weird replaying Eternal Darkness and hearing Alexandra Roivas-Shepard tho

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

DarkHorse posted:

It was weird replaying Eternal Darkness and hearing Alexandra Roivas-Shepard tho

Similarly, it was weird as hell replaying Dragon Age Origins and running in Victor Sullivan the dwarf.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Weird, I always thought Tali was super boring

Tali fandom is almost 98% purely waifu based

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Ihmemies posted:

Given how many goons go berserk over Bethesda hiring the same voice actors across different games, it'd probably cause a stir.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Eej posted:

Tali fandom is almost 98% purely waifu based

I think you'll find it's all about dat rear end.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Given how many goons go berserk over Bethesda hiring the same voice actors across different games, it'd probably cause a stir.

There's a joke in there about how they only have like 3 different VAs voicing all the characters.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I did a replay of all the mass effects over December and January. At some point during ME3 I accidentally told Chobots to get off the ship and at my next citadel stop there was a news broadcast about how she died doing some real reporting somewhere not just cruising around on my luxury frigate. Pretty sure I made the right decision.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

comatose posted:

I did a replay of all the mass effects over December and January. At some point during ME3 I accidentally told Chobots to get off the ship and at my next citadel stop there was a news broadcast about how she died doing some real reporting somewhere not just cruising around on my luxury frigate. Pretty sure I made the right decision.

At least we helped her die with dignity.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Ihmemies posted:

I feel you pain buddy but it really is for the best that they got someone new for this. Though yeah, Sara Ryder sounds kinda gormless on what little we've gotten so far, not fit to lace Shep's boots.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sentinel Red posted:

I feel you pain buddy but it really is for the best that they got someone new for this. Though yeah, Sara Ryder sounds kinda gormless on what little we've gotten so far, not fit to lace Shep's boots.

But didn't you watch the Bioware Official press video of the actress making jokes with the ManRyder's actpr?

What a personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure they'll recycle BioWare voices like they always do. Carth is going to be somewhere. Hell, he may even be catface!