Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Starving Wolf posted:

Ah yes, because armed resistance against the mongol horde worked so well for everyone in Europe. This is just a poorly thought out metaphor, too. If you're a racist shithead trying to make a point about immigration (?), wouldn't the later Muslim attempts to breach into Europe be a more apt background?

I mean, it sorta did? They didn't really make it that far into Europe because of the death of the Khan making them all turn around and do some politicking, but if I remember my history right an alliance of various German princes did hold off the Mongols long enough for them to receive the news and go home. (It's likely that Germany was relatively unconquerable for the Mongols because the high humidity did a number on their composite bows but that's a separate concern).

The real reason that the cartoon is moronic is because refugees aren't, yknow, an army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean, it sorta did? They didn't really make it that far into Europe because of the death of the Khan making them all turn around and do some politicking, but if I remember my history right an alliance of various German princes did hold off the Mongols long enough for them to receive the news and go home. (It's likely that Germany was relatively unconquerable for the Mongols because the high humidity did a number on their composite bows but that's a separate concern).
So everything up (and kinda including) Hungary isn't Europe anymore?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is magical and I hope this poster stays with the thread and has a good time.

I have no excuses, only apologies and shame at being thoroughly corncobbed by good parody.

It's me, dumber than a cartoonist

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Skippy Granola posted:

I have no excuses, only apologies and shame at being thoroughly corncobbed by good parody.

For reals though, the thread is made better by these moments.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Yeah, it's not as though political cartoons haven't reached the point where it's difficult to tell die hard psycho beliefs from full on parody. It's just we're all incredulous that anyone has been on the internet for decades without running across theonion.com

Like if it weren't for this thread and I randomly came across Garrison I'd swear on my life it was parody.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

davebo posted:

Yeah, it's not as though political cartoons haven't reached the point where it's difficult to tell die hard psycho beliefs from full on parody. It's just we're all incredulous that anyone has been on the internet for decades without running across theonion.com

Like if it weren't for this thread and I randomly came across Garrison I'd swear on my life it was parody.

I have hosed up at spotting obvious satire no less than three times in the Chapo Trap House thread for this very reason.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Axetrain posted:

Check out this interview Kelly did. He's a confirmed hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtbkQMwJS4

Can't believe those Behind the Pen bits are close to 5 years old now. :corsair:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Milo has resigned from Breitbort, apparently.

Open the blood gates.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Xander77 posted:

The claim I was responding to was that resistance was futile and accomplished nothing. It demonstrably accomplished something (at least) once. That period of history isn't my strong suit though so I am fully prepared to be owned on how my memory of the German battle is completely wrong!

The Red Panels comic that spawned the discussion is stupid regardless of whether fighting back against the Mongols ever worked or not.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Skippy Granola posted:

Look up the rest of the Kelly comics. Almost all of them are pretty great, if for no other reason than crying Liberty and the Corner Kelly.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Pants Donkey posted:

Open the blood gates.

So much for the tolerant right.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Axetrain posted:

Check out this interview Kelly did. He's a confirmed hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtbkQMwJS4

My god, Kelly sounds just like Don Dimello!

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

Nonsense, this is an election year!

Was this meant to be an illustration on an article or something?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

some loving LIAR posted:

Nonsense, this is an election year!

Was this meant to be an illustration on an article or something?

Trump is targeting the media

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

All dogs go to heaven, so yes, this is actually heaven.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Scott Pruitt: Environmental Profit Agency

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pants Donkey posted:

Open the blood gates.

Resigned, or "resigned"?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Skippy Granola posted:

100% accurate but still!

I mean putting Worf (Worf mind you, not Michael Dorn) next to MLK Jr and Gandhi... what?

What the gently caress is the statue of liberty doing crying behind the couch? This has nothing to do with Liberty.

The whole "scandal" that's vindicated Kelly for whatever reason is profoundly stupid.

Honestly, if I were going to dunk on a Kelly cartoon it would be this. Exactly this.

God every time I look at it I get angrier.

I want you to know, you are not stupid, and this reaction speaks well of you. :)

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Xander77 posted:

I've actually never encountered "he shat in my pants" outside the Russophone sphere. Guess it's more of a European thing?
Stannis.

It's out there in the big ol' US of A, friend, if you look hard enough:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Yeah, Milo is done. Apparently openly admitting to being a pedophile is the one thing you can't do in the alt-right.

https://twitter.com/robmanuel/status/834052820055777280

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Angepain posted:

Resigned, or "resigned"?

Given that he spoke openly in support of pederasty and many of his coworkers are probably parents, I'd imagine 'unable to safely return to the building'.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
The funny part is that interview was done a long while ago, but it was on some podcast that apparently no one listens to.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

It's out there in the big ol' US of A, friend, if you look hard enough:

Is that Johan Vasquez?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tyblazitar posted:

The funny part is that interview was done a long while ago, but it was on some podcast that apparently no one listens to.

joe rogan is a moron (he believes every conspiracy theory and poo poo) so the only good episodes are when he has someone smart and interesting on like louis theroux to talk about scientology.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Xander77 posted:

Not to people who are complaining about Muslims invading. :v:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

Is that Johan Vasquez?

It sure is!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Voyager I posted:

Given that he spoke openly in support of pederasty and many of his coworkers are probably parents, I'd imagine 'unable to safely return to the building'.

apparently about half of breibart's staff was talking about quitting if milo stayed onboard so he was definitely a goner one way or another

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Fulchrum posted:

Is that Johan Vasquez?

More specifically, it's from I Feel Sick, the comic he wrote after leaving Nickelodeon Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, ignore everything else I say, I am a moron.

EDIT: Corrected attribution.

Easy Salmon Recipe fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 22, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

More specifically, it's from I Feel Sick, the comic he wrote after leaving Nickelodeon.

Are sure? I could have sworn that the story of a guy making GBS threads his pants while on a date was in Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Brother Entropy posted:

apparently about half of breibart's staff was talking about quitting if milo stayed onboard

in that case could we just tell them that milo stayed anyway?

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib

ThaumPenguin posted:

Trump is targeting the media

Someone is, anyway. From quite a long way down the road from the White House.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So that stupid redpanels comic miffed me enough to make a counter comic while at work.

https://imgur.com/a/dYR4u

Not even sure this link will work. Phoneposting right now.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 21, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
OK...but why did Norway get dragged into this?

quote:

Is that supposed to be Ted Kennedy being devoured in the bottom right? I first thought that was a woman, then I remembered this is Sean "Fatty-fats are all big and fat, and no, I don't own a mirror, why do you ask?" Delonas.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Angepain posted:

Resigned, or "resigned"?

Almost certainly the latter, considering half the staff was threatening to leave unless he got the gently caress out.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

Open the blood gates.
Republicans Yesterday: "How dare you not let Milo speak at your event! He was invited! So what, just because he said some 'non-PC', provocative things, you try to silence him? I guess you don't really care about free speech after all!"

Republicans Today: "Milo who?"

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Republicans Yesterday: "How dare you not let Milo speak at your event! He was invited! So what, just because he said some 'non-PC', provocative things, you try to silence him? I guess you don't really care about free speech after all!"

Republicans Today: "Milo who?"

Almost all Facebook articles (yeah, I know) have tons of comments from right wingers defending Milo still and claiming the left and the media are purposely misstating his words.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

santanotreal posted:

Almost all Facebook articles (yeah, I know) have tons of comments from right wingers defending Milo still and claiming the left and the media are purposely misstating his words.
I still have no clue what exactly he said, since no news article I read said anything more than "appeared to condone pedophilia".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still have no clue what exactly he said, since no news article I read said anything more than "appeared to condone pedophilia".

Holy moly it's worth actually looking up

• Locked thread