Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Grand theft auto san andreas is the only GTA worth playing. The older ones are boring and the newer ones seem to prefer serious+realistic over being fun. I have like 12 hours played combined on 4 and 5 whereas I have over 700 on SA and I replay it all the time.

Vice City and San Andreas were the golden age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

lazorexplosion posted:

Vice City and San Andreas were the golden age.

I could never get into Vice City like I could with San Andreas. Maybe I'll try it again.

The worst thing about the non-SA ones I think is they don't have K-Rose.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I could never get into Vice City like I could with San Andreas. Maybe I'll try it again.

The worst thing about the non-SA ones I think is they don't have K-Rose.

Vice City had an amazing 80s soundtrack and the whole game was a big parody of well everything 80s crime-drama, before the days of GTA IV/V and attempting to make serious games.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Gridlocked posted:

Vice City had an amazing 80s soundtrack and the whole game was a big parody of well everything 80s crime-drama, before the days of GTA IV/V and attempting to make serious games.

GTA IV is the worst game I've ever played

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

TheMostFrench posted:

I was going to disagree and say something about weapons but then I watched videos of both games and decided that Turok 2 only has the gratuitous violence aspect going for it, but Perfect Dark has an aimbot wallhack gun, and a machine gun which can be used as a proximity mine.

Turok 2 has a razor frisbee boomerang

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
LISA is just another lovely indie game, as overrated as Undertale.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
99% of indie games are trash and were not picked up by actual game studios/publishers for very good and obvious reasons.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Illusion of Gaia is the greatest video game ever made.

Literally zero games made by Nintendo were better when they went to 3d. This includes Mario, Zelda, Metroid and so on. Mario 3d World was great, and Metroid Prime was good, but the 2d ones were vastly superior. There has been no good 3d Zelda game.

Super Mario Bros. 2 USA is the best Mario game.

Mortal Kombat games were better with the extremely stiff controls. The series should have ended after Ultimate MK3.

Killer Instinct (1994 arcade, not the poo poo snes port) is the greatest fighting game of all time.

Super Mario 3d World is almost completely impossible to control. Almost every single one of my deaths in that game were because I thought I was jumping on a normal platform, only to find out I was "behind" or "in front" of it and fell to my death. I count this as an unpopular opinion because I can find literally nobody else on the Internet with this complaint.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 21, 2017

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

99% of indie games are trash and were not picked up by actual game studios/publishers for very good and obvious reasons.

Hotline Miami is baller though.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
The best RTS game is creeper world. Infinite replayability.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Kullik posted:

Oh i got another one:

Pixel art is trash and i immediately discount any game with pixel art graphics and will take a lot of convincing to actually play it and even then my enjoyment will be limited because i loving hate that art style and will never think it looks good.
The coolest thing about the original Nintendos is, how they made every game in pixels art :D

thecommodore64
Jun 9, 2010
"professional" Videogame writers are all terrible people and I hope youtube dipshits take all of their jobs.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
There's never been a good zombie-centric game. Not even Zombies Ate My Neighbors, I hated that as a kid. The closest one for me was Dead Island and even that was a painful slog most of the time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheMostFrench posted:

I was going to disagree and say something about weapons but then I watched videos of both games and decided that Turok 2 only has the gratuitous violence aspect going for it, but Perfect Dark has an aimbot wallhack gun, and a machine gun which can be used as a proximity mine.

Perfect Dark was really ahead of its time. not only did it have a lot of unique guns, but each gun has a secondary fire. so you have the poision gun that shoot tranqualizer dart at ranger, or a deadly dose if injected up close, or the machiene gun that can turn you invisable, or the rocket launcher with guided rockets, etc. it also had really good bots in multiplayer, that could be programmed in differant ways for differant strategeies (and up to 16 bots, impressive on N64)

Perfect Dark also had a mode where two people could play the single player campaign. one player would take control of the protagonist, and the other would randomly control various enemies in the stage. turning each single player mission into a two player duel! I wish developers would put as much effort into their games these days as went into Perfect Dark

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

There's never been a good zombie-centric game. Not even Zombies Ate My Neighbors, I hated that as a kid. The closest one for me was Dead Island and even that was a painful slog most of the time.

Dead Rising and Dying Light are both good zombie games. State of Decay is pretty good as well.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Sandbox mmo's like ultima online are cool and fun and im sad that nobody except for garbage korean devs even attempt to make games in that genre

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

left 4 dead was good when it was new, but a rushed out sequel that was barely a badly balanced expansion and the fact that a semi-dynamic AI and asymettrical pvp doesn't make the game fun the millionth time. I know nearly every map so well that even though i havent played it in years i could probably jump in like i never left. I wouldn't play it again, but it was a pretty unique and cool game at the time, and I still have a shirt and swag from playing it at quakecon back in 2007.

most of the genre is really bad. I regret buying day z and project zomboid

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Aliens Vs Predator 2 is the best asymmetrical multiplayer ever made.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
both undertale and lisa suck :colbert:

earthbound sucks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockade posted:

Sandbox mmo's like ultima online are cool and fun and im sad that nobody except for garbage korean devs even attempt to make games in that genre

no one bothers to make this any more because you can just play on a Minecraft server for free

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

new phone who dis posted:

Aliens Vs Predator 2 is the best asymmetrical multiplayer ever made.

That's not unpopular, simply a true and good opinion.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The SA-MP SZR server was the best online experience I've ever played.

Bear gang rules!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's not unpopular, simply a true and good opinion.

it took like five posts for this to become the "pedestrian videogame opinions" thread, i wouldn't overthink it

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lljk branch of ss13 would be better if departments didnt come fully fleshed out and you had to actually apply yourself to get everything running

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

ss13 would be better if the people who played it werent objectively the worst kind of goon

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The Witcher 3 is not very good.

Edit: Metal Gear Solid V is very good. I think both of those might be unpopular.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MGSV is better if you leave "Snake" back at the base and just play with random diamond dogs members.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

There was an Apogee game from the early nineties called Monster Bash, which heavily featured zombies. They would explode into gore and their eyeballs would fly everywhere if you shot them with a slingshot. The object of the game was to save puppies from Dracula.

It was the bloodiest children's game I can recall and that is why games today are 99% poo poo.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball is the greatest video game known to man.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Bob James posted:

Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball is the greatest video game known to man.

Not gonna lie, I spent many an hour with that game when it was new.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Farming Simulator is a good fun game series even though I always end up getting my expensive equipment stuck in a bugged fence or accidentally driving it into lakes. I may suck at farming but it is still fun overall.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
Battlefield 2 is the best of the series

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I still think Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest video game ever made and I'm pretty sure the remake is going to be a loving disgrace.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Dark Souls games are not "super hard". They are simply a tedious exercise in tolerating repetition and learning patterns for people who haven't been around to play games in the early 90ies, when games where not the hold-my-hand-and-deliver-instant-gratification style they are today.

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
It's cool that they remade the new DMC into an apparently good game, but it's hilarious that the developers went in on saying "The old poo poo Dante is bad and if you disagree we don't need you, we're going mainstream" and then whined that old fans didn't buy it and sales were bad.

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
I Liked Non Stackable Clam Meat

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Hopper posted:

Dark Souls games are not "super hard". They are simply a tedious exercise in tolerating repetition and learning patterns for people who haven't been around to play games in the early 90ies, when games where not the hold-my-hand-and-deliver-instant-gratification style they are today.

I miss old school difficult games like Contra and Ninja Gaiden. This opinion is unpopular if you're under 25ish.

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011

Ape Fist posted:

I still think Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest video game ever made and I'm pretty sure the remake is going to be a loving disgrace.

Agreed completely. The resulting Internet meltdowns after the remake gets released will be entertaining as hell though.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Dude Dead rising

Does Resident evil 4 count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FecLives posted:

I Liked Non Stackable Clam Meat

Jesus loving Christ dude

Jesus fuckin Christ