Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Guy Goodbody posted:

An action figure of a nude, bald, obese old man. Comes with both flaccid and erect penis

:nws:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=LTD-FIG-09732

For some reason I really want to get this. If the head wasn't so Japanese you could use it as a Gangster. It is hilarious looking though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It's really just them making a figure of their customer base.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Djarum posted:

For some reason I really want to get this. If the head wasn't so Japanese you could use it as a Gangster. It is hilarious looking though.

It has a lot of headswap potential.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Guy Goodbody posted:

It has a lot of headswap potential.

Oh god I wonder if you can put the rape face Woody head on it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got my One:12 Green Arrow.

He's awesome.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

It's really just them making a figure of their customer base.

Then why'd they take a picture of him next to a woman?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Louisgod posted:

Then why'd they take a picture of him next to a woman?

It comes with that.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Fully painted pictures of the new Mythic Legion's skeleton queen finally surfaced. Apparently it was at Toyfair.

It looks fuckin rad.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 22, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holy gently caress that Sideshow Ash is astounding. I gotta save up for that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This sexy bastard came in yesterday

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you buy from Hong Kong, or has it made it over here?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

Do you buy from Hong Kong, or has it made it over here?

It is here now, came from Sideshow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, good. The place I ordered mine gets their supply from Sideshow so I should get it soon.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I feel like my Voltron repaint project is gonna take a long time. After a three-day weekend I barely got as far as the prime coat. So much puttying and sanding...

I did make a few major decisions as far as the approach I'm taking. I'm going to be true to my artistic instincts, which means not being entirely true to the source material. I'm not going to stick super close to the color scheme of new Voltron. I'll work some elements of old-school Voltron in there but mostly just do what looks cool. And I'm going to really push the level of detail as far as I can, aiming for as much realism as I can manage... for something as goofy as a multicolored lion-robot the size of a skyscraper.

I've spent hours just looking at pictures of people's elaborate giant robot models (mostly Gundam kits) trying to pick out what really works for conveying a sense of scale. One thing I noticed a lot is that there doesn't tend to be a lot of really shiny chrome, more shades of gray and white with a few well-placed metallic accents. So I'm giving that a try; traditionally Voltron is very shiny but I'm going hard in the other direction. I feel like it could be interesting. I'm going for more muted colors and more tonal variation, like not all one shade of of red or blue. I have a vague idea in my head of how this guy is gonna look, but there will be a lot of improvising and things might get weird.

This is a pretty fun project, and I'm going to do my best not to get too derailed with other stuff, so it doesn't take me years.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Keep us updated. Your concept sounds really cool!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Meant to post this yesterday but had to call out that Warlock is a breathtaking BAF. I don't have much of a connection to the character outside him showing up in the X-Men cartoon at one point and also thinking the Phalanx are kinda cool but this BAF is superb. His paintjob is probably the best attempt at painting anything that Hasbro has done in the Legends line up to this point.

Articulation is great and the sculpt is top notch too. Wasn't expecting much out of him but in hand he's beyond words.

He also towers above everybody else.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

He is the stand out for sure. That Toy Biz one from the 90s was so disappointing because parts of it are clear for some reason. I also could never really get it to fit with MLs but this one seems pretty good in that respect

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shiittttt. I was gonna wait to pick this up, but there was one left and goddamn it looked good.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/kaiyodo_PR/status/834588414506737664

Why :psyduck:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Star Lord, Groot, Nova, and Titus look great, but does a Yondu with straight-on eyes exist? All the ones I see have one eye off to the side.

Also, somewhat off topic, I'm thinking of having an action-figure review / comic review podcast. Anyone want in? If so, then PM me. Thanks!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Did DC ever fix the QC issues with their Batman: The Animated Series line?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yes, only the first few had major problems. They did re-release the Batman but hilariously the packaging is identical to the original release so you can't tell if you got a fixed one.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Big Mean Jerk posted:

According to Vangelus, yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5e3msHUS6Y

Rhyno posted:

Yes, only the first few had major problems. They did re-release the Batman but hilariously the packaging is identical to the original release so you can't tell if you got a fixed one.

The fixed versions don't have visible pins on the front of their legs.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

CelticPredator posted:

Shiittttt. I was gonna wait to pick this up, but there was one left and goddamn it looked good.

That does look very nice, definitely one of the better realistic likenesses from Sideshow.

I think i'll just wait until the new NECA Evil Dead 2 two-pack comes out, as I usually prefer the 7" figures.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

TaurusOxford posted:

According to Vangelus, yes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5e3msHUS6Y

Excellent. I ordered Gordon and Bullock yesterday and I remembered the early QC issues after the fact.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Schrecken posted:

That does look very nice, definitely one of the better realistic likenesses from Sideshow.

I think i'll just wait until the new NECA Evil Dead 2 two-pack comes out, as I usually prefer the 7" figures.

I would say it's easily their best work. I have that Snake Plissken, and while I like it, mostly due to getting it for free....it's not great.

I was going to pass on this until I saw some pics and I kinda just said gently caress it. It's still mostly great, although a little fragile. Apprently I already broke the hook off, and have to find it. And the gun trigger guard just snapped. So a little brittle, but nothing unfixable.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Because pillbugs are cute as heck.

Also cuz Kaiyodo already did a giant isopod.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Japanese kids fuckin' love bugs.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Wait, they made a pillbug that can't even roll into a ball?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Masterpiece Retrax lookin good.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Masterpiece Retrax lookin good.

It's a weird repaint though - where's his angry anime eyes?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

TaurusOxford posted:

Are you sure about that? My local comic shop just got a new shipment including the wave 1 Catwoman but I'm pretty sure she still had the ugly pins on her legs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Are you sure about that? My local comic shop just got a new shipment including the wave 1 Catwoman but I'm pretty sure she still had the ugly pins on her legs.

Admittedly i'm just parroting what Vangelus said in his BTAS Joker review.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was a big hub bub because the Batman's were identical, I might even have one to compare somewhere.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Yeah, that's my problem. I bought Catwoman back when the first wave came out and she fell apart into a million pieces. I've been thinking about buying a new one since the QC from wave 2 onward has been pretty good, but I'm still not sure if this particular one is from the new batch or not.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is the Batmobile still readily available?

Also, did they ever put out a Mr.Freeze before the redesign?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Batmobile is available. They just put out a deluxe version that includes Batman, Robin and a working Bat Signal. The original release is like $65 on Amazon and a goddamned steal at that price.

Edit: I took in a ton of BTAS figures from the new line on a trade recently and it's hard to decide if I should sell them or tear them open.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Vintersorg posted:

Is the Batmobile still readily available?

Also, did they ever put out a Mr.Freeze before the redesign?

You can get the original Batmobile for like 70 bucks on Amazon still.

The original BTAS design for Mr. Freeze is coming out in a box set featuring Renee Montoya, as well as the BTAS designs for Killer Croc and Bane.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
If only the TAS figures had better articulation. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

If only the TAS figures had better articulation. :smith: