Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

scrubs season six posted:

The point is that people (including many Republicans) said the exact same poo poo after they got dunked on by Obama (~30 more EC than Don's YUUUUGE victory) for the second time, after they were 100% convinced they were going to blow him out of the water because he was a "lovely president." There was a whole lot of "we gotta go back to the drawing board" type poo poo.

Repubs went back to the drawing board and found Trump, who was elected by virtue of running against one of the most disliked, most establishment, most baggage laden candidates in history. Did the Dems gently caress up? Obviously. Does one bad presidential candidate mean the party is dead? Get a clue, retards. The lovely R candidate beat the lovely D candidate by the smallest non-W margin of victory in 40 years, and got reamed in the popular vote.

Not sure if you know this, but theres more to the government than just the president. Dems lost pretty heavily in those too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

Not sure I understand, you want me to weigh in after the vote to reflect on whether they behaved as stupidly as you and I expect they will? Because if so, absolutely.

The chair vote will determine whether the party is at the very least willing to pay lip service to the left wing of the party (can't be worse than their behavior last year) or stay the course

No that's exactly it, I guess I'm some sort of jackalope because I would've voted bernie over trump but I fuckin called it from day 1 the Dems definitely would outright rig it against him any way possible and Oh my shocking that happened

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yo what's going on, trump is still president

i thought he was hosed

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Pawn 17 posted:

is there a good political party?

ask yourself, would a decent person ever want to get into politics

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i hope bernies policies are adopted at least a tiny (nanoscopic) bit, i also hope the hardcore marxists and commies get shat on hard

I'm not sure who you're talking about with this current loving administration

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

feelix posted:

ask yourself, would a decent person ever want to get into politics

I know exactly one state rep who is a decent and good person and he got shafted like Bernie did for an establishment candidate when there was a good opportunity for him to run for U.S. House.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JB50 posted:

Not sure if you know this, but theres more to the government than just the president. Dems lost pretty heavily in those too.

Which ones? The senate where they picked up 2 seats or the house where they picked up 6?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm not sure who you're talking about with this current loving administration

im talking about the dems, since we're talking about the dems now dude

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

The point is that people (including many Republicans) said the exact same poo poo after they got dunked on by Obama (~30 more EC than Don's YUUUUGE victory) for the second time, after they were 100% convinced they were going to blow him out of the water because he was a "lovely president." There was a whole lot of "we gotta go back to the drawing board" type poo poo.

Repubs went back to the drawing board and found Trump, who was elected by virtue of running against one of the most disliked, most establishment, most baggage laden candidates in history. Did the Dems gently caress up? Obviously. Does one bad presidential candidate mean the party is dead? Get a clue, retards. The lovely R candidate beat the lovely D candidate by the smallest non-W margin of victory in 40 years, and got reamed in the popular vote.

Lets say you are right and not just a weepy salty liberal trying to make himself feel better. Who is your next great nominee on the horizon of the democrats? Chelsie?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JB50 posted:

Also, not sure if you know this, but Clinton took office with a dem house/senate and left it with a repub house/senate. W took office with a repub house/senate and left it with a dem house/senate. Obama took office with a dem house/senate and left it with a repub house/senate.

It's almost like it's a trend!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

im talking about the dems, since we're talking about the dems now dude

No you see it was a funny joke because Trump is colluding with the Russians ha ha ha

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fog Tripper posted:

Lets say you are right and not just a weepy salty liberal trying to make himself feel better. Who is your next great nominee on the horizon of the democrats? Chelsie?

Why would I even bother trying to predict that 4 years in advance? Who knows. Lot can happen in four years.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Zo posted:

yo what's going on, trump is still president

i thought he was hosed

It has been a single month friendo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why don't the dems get rid of the concept of superdelegates

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fog Tripper posted:

Lets say you are right and not just a weepy salty liberal trying to make himself feel better.

You're a prick.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

Lets say you are right and not just a weepy salty liberal trying to make himself feel better. Who is your next great nominee on the horizon of the democrats? Bernie?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Moridin920 posted:

Because it would've been their last resort against an actual progressive like Bernie getting the nomination. They would have used it too if Sanders overtook Clinton.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No you see it was a funny joke because Trump is colluding with the Russians ha ha ha

this take is so hot im gonna go run the cold tap over my eyes for a while

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Because then it would be slightly more difficult for JP Morgan Chase and BoA to control the government, you're still in the mode of thinking where you believe politicians actually want to fix things

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because then it would be slightly more difficult for JP Morgan Chase and BoA to control the government, you're still in the mode of thinking where you believe politicians actually want to fix things

I know that I'm just asking rhetorical questions to talk poo poo on them lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

From what I have read, all top DNC chair candidates explain the election loss as "Talked too much about how bad Trump is and forgot to campaign in all 50 states." and that's it. I think most still want to focus on identity politics with the long term strategy of waiting for the demographics to shift (less white people). Personally, I think that's not only a terrible strategy but also incredibly divisive and bad for the country.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Pawn 17 posted:

From what I have read, all top DNC chair candidates explain the election loss as "Talked too much about how bad Trump is and forgot to campaign in all 50 states." and that's it. I think most still want to focus on identity politics with the long term strategy of waiting for the demographics to shift (less white people). Personally, I think that's not only a terrible strategy but also incredibly divisive and bad for the country.

unfortunately the republicans have lost their marbles more and more since the 90s so basically your choice really is 'do you want a party that at least engages with reality and believes their job is to actually run the government or not'

it really loving sucks but those are our choices until the republican party finally comes to its senses (lol)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Pawn 17 posted:

Perez has admitted that Hillary's "not trump" platform, while accurate, is not a winning strategy

And Ellison has come dangerously close to saying democrats should consider courting liberals and youth

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 22, 2017

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

looks like they finally got trump.

edit: he got away.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Toadvine posted:

And Ellison has come dangerously close to saying democrats should consider courting liberals and youth

*gasp*

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Pawn 17 posted:

The "middle class" does not have to be your audience. The "middle class" is over.

haha gamergate. remember that ol chestnut?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Michael Moore tellin Trump who's in charge

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/831558248620781569

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jukebox Hero posted:

You're a prick.

You mad?

Jukebox Hero posted:

But liberal tears! The liberal tears, man! I'm taking enjoyment from human suffering, aren't I cool yet?

Oh, I forgot this is you.

:fuckoff: you whiney little lib

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The only people really behind Hillary en masse were rich white ladies

quoting from way back because it is very sadly true. they had big blinders to a lot of her problems and were very vocally voting for her simply because she would be the first female president which is a stupid reason to vote for someone.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Waterbed Wendy posted:

quoting from way back because it is very sadly true. they had big blinders to a lot of her problems and were very vocally voting for her simply because she would be the first female president which is a stupid reason to vote for someone.

I've been saying for years that Hillary's support base is basically the same as The View's audience

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

You mad?

Oh, I forgot this is you.

:fuckoff: you whiney little lib

You're going to die alone because your cancer treatments have bankrupted you since the repeal of the affordable Care act.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Fog Tripper posted:

lol why do you keep saying this is the secret service aware that you stalk her?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You're going to die alone because your cancer treatments have bankrupted you since the repeal of the affordable Care act.

"affordable" :rolleye:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I get it. You're having your moment. Spiking the football. Guys we need to give them their moment. Do you, guys. Do you.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Which ones? The senate where they picked up 2 seats or the house where they picked up 6?

Yes just ignore all the state legislatures and governors.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

"affordable" :rolleye:

Honestly, this is a strange life we've been given. You can spend it how you want but you must be terribly unhappy if you're spending your time celebrating an unqualified fascist that lies to your face briefly ruling this patch of dirt.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JB50 posted:

Yes just ignore all the state legislatures and governors.

Ah, I see you've shifted from what was a discussion about the federal government, to state. For some reason. Okay, what are the stats?

Say, were you the guy in the liberal gun thread saying you could carry a Glock cocked and locked? I can't remember, maybe it was someone else?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
O Lord Yahweh show mercy upon us and do not let Chelsea leave her paddock

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ah, I see you've shifted from what was a discussion about the federal government, to state. For some reason. Okay, what are the stats?

Say, were you the guy in the liberal gun thread saying you could carry a Glock cocked and locked? I can't remember, maybe it was someone else?

Jesus christ let the gun thing go. Here chew on this:

Republicans now dominate state government, with 32 legislatures and 33 governors

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/14/1598918/-Republicans-now-dominate-state-government-with-32-legislatures-and-33-governors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

lol the DNC in its current form is a perpetual loser machine

perhaps consider popping the bubble you live in

• Locked thread