Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mentat Radnor posted:

A new chapter of Dead Dead Demon's is up, and things continue to look grim. :ohdear:

But also, lol.

What? They censored the vagina bones!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Fabricated posted:

I (obviously) haven't read or seen the whole thing but I got the impression that the main character is so hosed up by the accusation and what happens to him that he literally loses interest in women.

This is initially it but coincidentally his party is pretty much just younger girls. Oh, and one of them just looks about as old as he is but is actually just as young as the others because demihumans can grow up fast or some poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it isn't exactly subtle when all the adult women are vicious lying whores who dedicate their lives to destroying the mc for no particular reason and also the mc surrounds himself with little girls who are 100% trustworthy and loyal and also crave his wretched pedo cock.

shield hero is garbage and the author is scum.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it isn't exactly subtle when all the adult women are vicious lying whores who dedicate their lives to destroying the mc and also the mc surrounds himself with little girls who are 100% trustworthy and loyal and also crave his wretched pedo cock.

didn't he also basically raise one of them, and as such the manga brings up some pretty hosed up vibes of child grooming?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Slime posted:

didn't he also basically raise one of them, and as such the manga brings up some pretty hosed up vibes of child grooming?

that's the supposed heroine, a small child slave who randomly turns into an adult physically but not mentally. on top of everything else, shield hero heavily fetishizes slavery.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I wonder how much, if any, the Tale of Genji influences this whole "gently caress real women, better to find a child and raise them to be your ideal" thing, since that's sorta part of its plot and it's one of those well-regarded classic lit. novels everybody studies in school.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it isn't exactly subtle when all the adult women are vicious lying whores who dedicate their lives to destroying the mc for no particular reason and also the mc surrounds himself with little girls who are 100% trustworthy and loyal and also crave his wretched pedo cock.

I think I'm just gonna take your word on this given the portion of the story I've seen is from the manga and it's really creepy and weird in general and manga based on light/web novels are usually TONED DOWN from their source material.

It's "Isekai: Whores and Bitches" basically, where all the other heroes are literal Chads or well-meaning but insanely dedicated dupes.

Does he actually execute the hilariously over-the-top rear end in a top hat princess that ruined him?

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
It's like every "Another world" author holds all women accountable for their failings.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

a kitten posted:

I'll probably also wait til it's done, but what the heck are those girls up to now??

They're in college!! :toot: :cheers:

Also the world might end or something, but who cares really.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
And we have the first instance of President Trump in a manga, Inu Yashiki by the gantz dude.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Trump being a Gantz-esque character makes too much sense in the reality we now live in.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

I just binged all of Ontan and Friends.

I hope that it doesn't go full Bad End but it probably will.

Just arrived to say the same thing, and "This cannot end well..."

Realized it was the Oyasumi Punpun author about halfway through.

'tis indeed the fuel of nightmares...

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

nerdz posted:

And we have the first instance of President Trump in a manga, Inu Yashiki by the gantz dude.

Baki had him like the day after inauguration

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

nerdz posted:

He was in baki the week after winning and Clinton the week.after that

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
not reading baki. shameful.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I want to read Baki but I can't. I don't want to read whatever crap the Gantz dude is sitting out, but it's translated.

I can only imagine the monstrosity trump looks like in itagaki's art style.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was sort of kinda enjoying the new series from Gantz guy but I specifically stopped because it wasn't well translated. I feel like around when planes started falling from the sky the scans I were reading just started descending into gibberish.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I didn't realize Baki was still running

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nerdz posted:

I want to read Baki but I can't. I don't want to read whatever crap the Gantz dude is sitting out, but it's translated.

its extremely fitting and also he pisses himself which after that leak lol

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

nerdz posted:

baki is the best, read it.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

nerdz posted:

Here's the chapter where Trump meets Yujiro, if you're curious. It's just a one time chapter, so you don't need a lot of context.

Wild Horses posted:

:agreed:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Zero: The Man of the Creation is good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm pretty sure the bee part is not true.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wild Horses posted:

What I meant with my post is that I read all baki there is to read in english. Translations are waaaaaay behind.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Help, I just wasted days reading 50 volumes of Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, and while I started having misgivings around vol 45, it still didn't prepare me for the incredible disappointment that was the "concluding" volume. This thing must have gotten cancelled or something, because there's no way he could have planned to wrap it up this poorly. To add insult to injury, the powers that be somehow decided to greenlight a spin-off series with a different set of main characters taking place 2 years later. Like I give a poo poo anymore.

Guess I deserve it for continuing to read in spite of the "comical" gay rapist, and the "comical" trans-woman who suddenly vanished completely. Apart from that it kind of reminded me of Hajime no Ippo, though. :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What happens at the end? How far does Minoru rise in the fightmans world?

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Ytlaya posted:

What happens at the end? How far does Minoru rise in the fightmans world?

Spoilers for vol 50: Minoru wins a random kick-boxing title against a new one-eyed boxer guy, nobody ever fights the two thai champions, Mutou hangs around but never fights anyone, the KOS boss Izumi gets blown up by his wife (new character) who tries to take over KOS, but his niece Michelle turned out to hold the rights, and there's a big setup for a new arc where KOS has to survive against the new Kamui company, but whoops, the manga is over. Instead they finish up with some goofy comedy "fights" in weird outfits at the uni graduation, which wins them back the old clubhouse, the end!!

Basically none of the threads are tied up, just left hanging. Well, maybe there's something in the spin-off, but I can't find it anywhere, and it didn't survive long.

Edit: Curiously, there's suddenly a bunch of fanservice shots of all the girls showing nipples starting around vol 48, making me wonder if the author finally said gently caress it all.

darkgray fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 22, 2017

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

God, gently caress that series for real.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol what the gently caress

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

A Silent Voice was so good that when I heard the author was doing another comic it didn't even matter to me what it was about. So I've been reading To You The Immortal, and kind of regretting it after each chapter I finish.

I like the concept. I like the art. And I like the characters.

But do not like this series.

After every chapter I just think "god drat can something good happen to these poor bastards once in a while". Each issue is so depressing I'm about ready to give up on the series. I keep hoping it will get a bit less miserable so I can enjoy reading it, but it never does.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The dreams of all children must be crushed in To You, The Immortal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Things continue to go downhill in Immortal Hounds, with one of Mama's aides going stir crazy and getting killed in a most gruesome manner, but maybe there'll be some major mystery solvin' in the next few chapters

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

darkgray posted:

Help, I just wasted days reading 50 volumes of Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru, and while I started having misgivings around vol 45, it still didn't prepare me for the incredible disappointment that was the "concluding" volume. This thing must have gotten cancelled or something, because there's no way he could have planned to wrap it up this poorly. To add insult to injury, the powers that be somehow decided to greenlight a spin-off series with a different set of main characters taking place 2 years later. Like I give a poo poo anymore.

Guess I deserve it for continuing to read in spite of the "comical" gay rapist, and the "comical" trans-woman who suddenly vanished completely. Apart from that it kind of reminded me of Hajime no Ippo, though. :(
i read too many chapters of this, but am glad i stopped myself. i could tell the plot would never go anywhere by the horrid pacing

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

If you're not reading Grand Blue, then definitely start doing so

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The one thing I have to give Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru credit for is that the author is really good at drawing swole dudes.

Galvanik posted:

A Silent Voice was so good that when I heard the author was doing another comic it didn't even matter to me what it was about. So I've been reading To You The Immortal, and kind of regretting it after each chapter I finish.

I like the concept. I like the art. And I like the characters.

But do not like this series.

After every chapter I just think "god drat can something good happen to these poor bastards once in a while". Each issue is so depressing I'm about ready to give up on the series. I keep hoping it will get a bit less miserable so I can enjoy reading it, but it never does.

It's kind of depressing, but I actually like it a lot more than A Silent Voice. A Silent Voice started out pretty good, but ended up becoming a pretty standard romance-drama thing. This new series is lot more interesting to me, and I'm curious to see where the plot goes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

Things continue to go downhill in Immortal Hounds, with one of Mama's aides going stir crazy and getting killed in a most gruesome manner, but maybe there'll be some major mystery solvin' in the next few chapters

Ah, Immortal Hounds. The manga where I start every chapter with a :stare: face and end it with a :stonk: face.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I think I will wait with To You the Immortal until there are a lot more chapters. Hopefully the author will reveal by then what the point of everything up until now was.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The point is evolution via impetus and giving a life cut short a second chance at more, it's been made pretty clear in like the first chapter

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Grand Blue is basically reaction.gif the manga and it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Remember when Grand Blue was a manga about diving?

Yeah, me neither.

(tbh, the latest chapter was kind of lukewarm, not enough dickery and not enough seriousness either, its strength lies more in the chapters that forcus on either or)