Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Making fun of old people keeps me young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Let the millennials have their brief window of frivolity before choking on this poisoned planet.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Everybody older than me is going to die soon, and everybody younger is a baby.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

Everybody older than me is going to die soon, and everybody younger is a baby.

Don't worry, everyone younger than you is also going to die soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sitting on a stool at my favorite bar drinking crappy Canadian beer. Life is good and I love you all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm sitting on a stool at my favorite bar drinking crappy Canadian beer. Life is good and I love you all.

Go home, Rhyno, you're drunk.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Don't worry, everyone younger than you is also going to die soon.

Oh thank gently caress

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Why you drinking crappy Canadian beer? Drink good Canadian beer instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no such thing!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

There's no such thing!

Go home Rhyno. You're drunk

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can assure you, I am entirely too sober.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Just don't snikt yourself.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Rhyno posted:

There's no such thing!

Cela signifie la guerre.

Or it would, if the idea of an American looking down on Canadian beer wasn't so funny.

e: Happy birthday.

haitfais fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 22, 2017

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

There's no such thing!

Then drink Canadian whiskey! Oh wait.

Happy birthday Rhyno. I'll have a shot of Buffalo in celebration.

Also, saw this at a random vintage shop on my way home.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

haitfais posted:

Cela signifie la guerre.

Or it would, if the idea of an American looking down on Canadian beer wasn't so funny.

Come to the PNW. We gots good brews.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

sporklift posted:

Come to the PNW. We gots good brews.

I'm going to be headed to Portland in May, looking forward to trying local beers.

Happy birthday, Rhyno. You still have two years before everything starts to suck all the time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don't stop believing, WickedHate. And don't stop drinking until you get a probe, Rhyno.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ageism is real

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

I'm going to be headed to Portland in May, looking forward to trying local beers.

Happy birthday, Rhyno. You still have two years before everything starts to suck all the time.

Just like a gave a list have good comics that are good here are good Portland breweries that are good:
Hair of the dog
Cascadia
Burnside
Basecamp
Laurelwood
Yellow Lab
Gigantic

You can thank me for this later and if you ever come to British Columbia I can give you a list of good breweries there.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Rhyno

happy birthday and also how does it feel to be too old to be able to credibly disclaim being part of Generation X

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

CapnAndy posted:

Rhyno

happy birthday and also how does it feel to be too old to be able to credibly disclaim being part of Generation X

Hey Rhyno. What's grunge? Also what is a "nirvana"?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Madkal posted:

Just like a gave a list have good comics that are good here are good Portland breweries that are good:
Hair of the dog
Cascadia
Burnside
Basecamp
Laurelwood
Yellow Lab
Gigantic

You can thank me for this later and if you ever come to British Columbia I can give you a list of good breweries there.

Ex Novo
Ninkaski is my favorite right now (Eugene but close enough)
Everybody loses their minds over Pfriem (Hood River)

Excalibur is a cool, old school comic shop in Portland if you have time. Tons of back issues, family owned and super nice.

CapnAndy posted:

how does it feel to be too old to be able to credibly disclaim being part of Generation X

Hey if this dude is a millennial....

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

sporklift posted:

Then drink Canadian whiskey! Oh wait.

Happy birthday Rhyno. I'll have a shot of Buffalo in celebration.

Also, saw this at a random vintage shop on my way home.

Amazing. Remember there was a wig shop next to a comic store, and eventually got the bright idea to take advantage of it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hello.

Here is a code for free digital copies of Champions #1, Jessica Jones #1, and some Avengers #1: 4845A9C2MH0C

Here is a code for a month of Marvel Unlimited: HXEAHCVH35D

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mind if I give the Marvel Unlimited code to a friend?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I can't use it and it's valid only for like another 12 hours so go for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

There's no such thing!

I am going to tie you down and force Unibroue down your gullet until your liver explodes.

Oh that's gotta be on purpose.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 22, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jay of Jay and Miles also posted it with the same "that's gotta be intentional" comment.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aw man how long has my title been like this?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Aw man how long has my title been like this?

I did not notice that until you pointed it out. Pretty solid burn though, I have to hand it to whoever did that. Nice and subtle.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I just wish people would leave me alone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I just wish people would leave me alone.

You frequently make extremely antagonistic posts and seem to take great pleasure in doing so. Be the change you want to see in the world.

(That said at least this time it isn't a lovely nasty picture.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

You frequently make extremely antagonistic posts and seem to take great pleasure in doing so. Be the change you want to see in the world.

That doesn't make it ok to pick on me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

That doesn't make it ok to pick on me.

You pick on other people, why do you think they shouldn't give you the same treatment? Like you genuinely and wholeheartedly take delight into going into threads and making GBS threads on things people are enjoying or making intentionally inflammatory comments designed to derail conversations. When you're not doing that I think you make really good and insightful posts but you do it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Even if that was what I did, that's not picking on people. Me saying Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage is different from saying you, the person that enjoys Far Cry 4, is a huge pile of garbage. And when I say Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage, that's not derailing Far Cry 4 talk, that's me giving my opinion that the game is a huge pile of garbage. That's part of the conversation.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You literally came running here after CineD got sick of your poo poo attacking other posters so that BSS could get together and talk about what a clique those other guys are, which is as ironic as it is illustrative of the fact that you don't get to post like an rear end in a top hat for free.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Even if that was what I did, that's not picking on people. Me saying Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage is different from saying you, the person that enjoys Far Cry 4, is a huge pile of garbage. And when I say Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage, that's not derailing Far Cry 4 talk, that's me giving my opinion that the game is a huge pile of garbage. That's part of the conversation.

I think if you were just giving your opinion you'd be fine but you tend to take extremely exaggerated and hyperbolic stances and kind of double down on it. It tends to less foster conversation and more (justified or not) foster people arguing with you. I mean I admit I've snapped at you before and while it was excessive of me, it's hard to want to talk to you sometimes because (to punish a metaphor) to get the delicious nougat of interesting and informed opinion you have to bite through a whole lot of bitter crap.

I don't think you're a troll or anything because when pushed you do make some good posts, but I think the instant snap-jump to negativity and the fact that you do have a habit of popping in to go "(Thing people are enjoying?) Well, it's poo poo!" kind of burns people out. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything to you, I just figured I'd try a genuine attempt at conversation instead of going 'sucks for you, Lurdiak!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

You literally came running here after CineD got sick of your poo poo attacking other posters so that BSS could get together and talk about what a clique those other guys are, which is as ironic as it is illustrative of the fact that you don't get to post like an rear end in a top hat for free.

Yeah, that never happened.

Also I meant Uncharted 4, I don't know why I said Far Cry 4. I don't even know anything about Far Cry 4 other than the box art and it's got elephants.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncharted 4 is way better than Far Cry 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I mean that's quite possible.

• Locked thread