Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey everyone! It's February, which, in the US, at least, is also Black History Month, so instead of talking about how terrible the world is, let's talk about cool black comic characters and creators. Or whatever else you feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RwO4zysP7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kZ64lZnw2U

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I concede that this is the one true February thread. I hang my head in shame .

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

or people could actually talk about Black History and comics or something, but maybe that's just me being a dreamer.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

We could talk about Black Lightning.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Re: last thread:

quote:

...seriously? There's a stickied thread right now saying racism isn't acceptable to post.

Sort of? It sounds like site heard the D&D explanation instead of the not crazy people one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Finally it's time to post some black history

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao someone needs to post Doom vs. Cage

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In December my father told me he might have cancer. In January my friend was violently murdered. In February my girlfriend's father is most certainly going to lose his battle with cancer. Just today one of my favorite couples that shop where I work told me they lost their baby at 6 months into the pregnancy.

Call your friends, go see your families. Make sure everyone you love knows you love them.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Colored People Time is such a bizarrely specific thing. It's like the manager at Racism Inc. was like "I want ten new stereotype ideas on my desk by the end of the day or you're all fired" and someone got desperate.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

In December my father told me he might have cancer. In January my friend was violently murdered. In February my girlfriend's father is most certainly going to lose his battle with cancer. Just today one of my favorite couples that shop where I work told me they lost their baby at 6 months into the pregnancy.

Call your friends, go see your families. Make sure everyone you love knows you love them.

You still doing okay? Hang in there :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

pubic works project posted:

Lmao someone needs to post Doom vs. Cage

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That rules

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

You still doing okay? Hang in there :smith:

I'm fine. It's just very sobering to have so many horrible things happen in such a short time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'm fine. It's just very sobering to have so many horrible things happen in such a short time.

Yeah, it's been a long 12 days.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Re: last thread:

Sort of? It sounds like site heard the D&D explanation instead of the not crazy people one.

Nah i followed the original qcs thread and the dnd ambien thread, tracked down lowtaxs posts on kiwifarms myself to check and was being given info by a mod on the dl over ims

Rhyno posted:

:glomp:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, it's been a long 12 days.

18 but who's counting.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
What the hell is the context for this

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

What the hell is the context for this

Uncanny X-Force (from when the team went to the AoA universe)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

"The Black Legion are a group of powerful mash-ups apparently composed of mixed Heroes and Villains of Age of Apocalypse, serving as personal bodyguards of Wolverine, ascendent to Apocalypse. In the battle field they are led by Blob."

:allears: I hope this Wolverine is also Lord of the Vampires.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I wish DC were capable of making a good Static comic.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Roth posted:

I wish DC were capable of making a good Static comic.

So loving agreed, my dude.

Also for twofold "Black" history month:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Ghostlight posted:

"The Black Legion are a group of powerful mash-ups apparently composed of mixed Heroes and Villains of Age of Apocalypse, serving as personal bodyguards of Wolverine, ascendent to Apocalypse. In the battle field they are led by Blob."

:allears: I hope this Wolverine is also Lord of the Vampires.
C'mon, "Beta Red"? Zombie Sentry? Blob somehow cosplaying as Roadhog before Overwatch was ever a thing? Someone was having some fun at Marvel's expense, and doing it in a Marvel comic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Grimm Chamber was the name of my post-punk black metalcore band.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

Weird, Grimm Chamber is what I call my bathroom

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

WickedHate posted:

purple death ray posted:

Weird, Grimm Chamber is what I call my bathroom

Weird, Grimm Chamber is what I call BSS.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
In honor of Black History Month I'd like to make a long and thoughtful post about the contributions of Christopher Priest (fka Jim Owsley) and Trevor von Eeden to the history of comic books an

LMAO NAHHHHHHHHHHHH

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is not a post random panels thread, as E&C has expertly pointed out in his own special way. Knock that poo poo off.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is e&c a racist making fun of black history month i dont understand that post

xo can you please give him a 30 day for being a weirdo gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

It only needs to be 28 days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

It only needs to be 28 days.

We can bump Leap Year up if need be.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There should be a poll to objectively determine who the best black comic book character is because that's what polls do.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

His post is calling out people for posting a bunch of random rear end panels for no reason.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

We can bump Leap Year up if need be.

The old joke is "Of course Black History Month is the shortest month in the year," but the real reason February is Black History Month is that both Frederic Douglas and Abraham Lincoln were born in February.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

His post is calling out people for posting a bunch of random rear end panels for no reason.

Did he really need to post black canary in a diaper to make that point tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

and nobody's posted the Lois Lane cover yet, so they've all lost anyhow.

• Locked thread