Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Crabtree posted:

I'm pretty sure they'll recycle BioWare voices like they always do. Carth is going to be somewhere. Hell, he may even be catface!

watch, carth'll be SAM.

i didn't know that dad ryder is Mr Krabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Weird, I always thought Tali was super boring

I always liked Tali because the quarians were interesting to me. They hosed up big time and got thoroughly owned by their own hubris. And they have to wear those environment suits which make them seem more alien than the other species, even if the reason is dumb.

That said the volus are a much cooler take on the environment-suit-wearing alien species because their reasons were less centered around being giant stupid failsons and more because they breathe a crazy atmosphere and have some weird biology. It's a shame we never got a volus team member. Or a hanar. I would've run with them over Tali and maaaaybe Garrus.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Serf posted:

I always liked Tali because the quarians were interesting to me. They hosed up big time and got thoroughly owned by their own hubris. And they have to wear those environment suits which make them seem more alien than the other species, even if the reason is dumb.

That said the volus are a much cooler take on the environment-suit-wearing alien species because their reasons were less centered around being giant stupid failsons and more because they breathe a crazy atmosphere and have some weird biology. It's a shame we never got a volus team member. Or a hanar. I would've run with them over Tali and maaaaybe Garrus.

I mean, I think the quarians and the geth were some of the more interesting parts of the setting, but Tali herself was only ever a mouthpiece for that.

Agreed on the volus though :allears:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

But you can't gently caress a volus without them exploding or you being crushed so you can't tap the biotic God.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

marshmallow creep posted:

But you can't gently caress a volus without them exploding or you being crushed so you can't tap the biotic God.

An environment suit is just another form of condom. It's totally a feasible engineering challenge.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Volus are just Slylandro ripoffs anyway so whatevs

Serf
May 5, 2011

Didn't they eventually make Tali a romance option? Seems like Bioware will doesn't care all that much about the lore when it comes to banging.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
But it is cool to create forms of life that needs some sort of odd suit to interact with the weird oxygen breathers. I know I'm loving pissing in the wind wishing this, but it'd be cool to see more radically alien forms of life that we can interact with.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Serf posted:

Didn't they eventually make Tali a romance option? Seems like Bioware will doesn't care all that much about the lore when it comes to banging.

Yeah.

Then in ME3 she even has this line about how she's able to adapt to Shepard's physiology or some poo poo which kind of makes the whole worry about infection and suits a bit strange but IDK I don't work for Bioware.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If Blasto doesn't make a cameo in this then I just don't know what's good anymore.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I'm pretty sure they'll recycle BioWare voices like they always do. Carth is going to be somewhere. Hell, he may even be catface!
The silver lining is you can kill Carth in every game -- which I can only imagine the Bioware devs have added as compensation.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Skippy McPants posted:

It's pretty hard to top Jennifer Hale. She's been doing this VO thing for a while.

It's pretty hard shoes to step into for both voice actors given how iconic Hale and Meer became over three games. Fryda Wolf is pretty cool though and she's gotten progressively bigger roles in the relatively short time she's been a voice actress.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
should i play ME2 and 3 before andromeda

y/n

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

eonwe posted:

y/n

I'm playing ME 1 again before andromeda

it's less terrible than I expected, for some reason I was ready for the game to be way more clunky than it actually is

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

eonwe posted:

y/n

Yes.

Why would you ask in this, the thread of obsessed nerds that complain about their favorite games.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

For real though if ME1 was stuck into the ME2 or ME3 engine I'd rebuy it because I've got more money than sense.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man I dont think I can play ME1 again

its my favorite mass effect but drat did it age

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I kinda wish Bioware would allow 'ammo' guns to be more powerful than their heatsink counterparts by making it so you can only stock up ammo on your ship or other MilkyWay outposts.

Even something as simple as a limited set of ammo, if you run out, then you pop in the dispersion heatsink and take a DPS loss until you find more regular ammo.

Or apparently everyone will just carry 7.62 no matter where they are in the universe.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
For me, the quality of the story steadily declined as the series went on even as the quality of the gameplay steadily improved.

Really hope Andromeda bucks the first part of that trend.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe posted:

I did what someone else in the thread mentioned and just cheated myself a billion credits and bought the best guns/armour straight away. It was way more tolerable than the last time I played through.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
ME1 is a pretty cool and different experience if you play it on PC with M&KB and using cover like it's ME2/3. also if you do make sure you pick up that HD textures pack to make it look better than ME3.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

comatose posted:

I did what someone else in the thread mentioned and just cheated myself a billion credits and bought the best guns/armour straight away. It was way more tolerable than the last time I played through.

code:
Set BioAttributesPawnParty m_TalentPoints 60
:getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats a pretty good idea

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

eonwe posted:

I don't think I can play ME3 again but I can totally do ME2 again

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Eej posted:

I don't think I can play ME3 again but I can totally do ME2 again

I can't remember a single detail about ME3. ME2 I remember a lot and I remember the most from ME1 despite being the oldest.

There's something about ME2 that makes think of TV episodes or something. 1 and 3 were big movies in my mind, but one was awesome and the other one sucked.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

JBP posted:

I can't remember a single detail about ME3. ME2 I remember a lot and I remember the most from ME1 despite being the oldest.

There's something about ME2 that makes think of TV episodes or something. 1 and 3 were big movies in my mind, but one was awesome and the other one sucked.

ME2 felt like a bunch of unrelated stories that were tied together by virtue of Shepard helping those stories move along. The companion quests were great, the main quest less so.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Admiral Ray posted:

ME2 felt like a bunch of unrelated stories that were tied together by virtue of Shepard helping those stories move along. The companion quests were great, the main quest less so.

Yeah exactly. It was like a show where the stand alones are great, but the main arc episodes are boring until the very last episode and it all pays off.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Not all the ME2 main story missions were bad though. Gettin the IFF was eerie as hell the first time, and I still play the logs when I go through. Horizon was pretty alright too, except for the fuckin praetorian regen barrier bulldshit.

Miranda chat: I fuckin hate her and wish I could go back in time and strap her to the bomb on Virmire.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Kurieg posted:

Your avatar makes me think you might be a little biased.
Only a little.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Crabtree posted:

But it is cool to create forms of life that needs some sort of odd suit to interact with the weird oxygen breathers. I know I'm loving pissing in the wind wishing this, but it'd be cool to see more radically alien forms of life that we can interact with.

I'd settle just for aliens that aren't bipedal humanoids. More stuff like the Rachni, Elcor or Hanar, none of whom are even likely to be in this game. Only having two new sentient species in Andromeda is lame. Justifiable if it's a smaller scope than the whole galaxy like in the last game but still, more alien aliens imo.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
The animators have a hard enough time with bipedal people

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

OniPanda posted:

Not all the ME2 main story missions were bad though. Gettin the IFF was eerie as hell the first time, and I still play the logs when I go through. Horizon was pretty alright too, except for the fuckin praetorian regen barrier bulldshit.

Miranda chat: I fuckin hate her and wish I could go back in time and strap her to the bomb on Virmire.

I liked Miranda. I always recall her as basically being my 2nd in command.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
My ME1 experience was back when it came out on the 360. Recently played it for the first time on PC and it was a pretty darn good experience. Yeah, I cheated myself some gear and skill points which definitely helped cut through the horrible cooldowns and general bullshit getting started as an adept. Oh, and maxed paragon and renegade so I wouldn't have to always choose the same dialog options. Also installed the MEUITM texture mod which seemed to give it a pretty decent bump in the looks department.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'd settle just for aliens that aren't bipedal humanoids. More stuff like the Rachni, Elcor or Hanar, none of whom are even likely to be in this game. Only having two new sentient species in Andromeda is lame. Justifiable if it's a smaller scope than the whole galaxy like in the last game but still, more alien aliens imo.

Oh, this makes me wish Andromeda became a cat and mouse thing based upon discovery of a terrifying and powerful alien race like the Shivans from FreeSpace.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ub posted:

My ME1 experience was back when it came out on the 360. Recently played it for the first time on PC and it was a pretty darn good experience. Yeah, I cheated myself some gear and skill points which definitely helped cut through the horrible cooldowns and general bullshit getting started as an adept. Oh, and maxed paragon and renegade so I wouldn't have to always choose the same dialog options. Also installed the MEUITM texture mod which seemed to give it a pretty decent bump in the looks department.

Yeah I messed around with ME1 because I wanted to just play the story a few years ago. Makes the game go by quickly without waiting to mod yourself some joke gun.

It's disappointing that the sequels never gave a nod to the super custom hyper railgun you could build out of a sniper rifle.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

JBP posted:

I liked Miranda. I always recall her as basically being my 2nd in command.

same, but for my penis

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah.

Then in ME3 she even has this line about how she's able to adapt to Shepard's physiology or some poo poo which kind of makes the whole worry about infection and suits a bit strange but IDK I don't work for Bioware.

I mean, eventually if you don't die, and after several months of intense discomfort maybe a body develops antibodies.

Honestly though I can't believe an entire species (or just rent a loving solarian for a few weeks) wouldn't develop SOME form of artificial antibody development and administer it to their newborns.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of Mass Effect 2, apparently the guy who wrote Jacob Taylor is writing Liam Kosta

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SgtSteel91 posted:

Speaking of Mass Effect 2, apparently the guy who wrote Jacob Taylor is writing Liam Kosta

Jacob was cool so this works for me. I like having an Every Man along for crazy space adventures. Liam seems like a good bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Jacob was cool so this works for me. I like having an Every Man along for crazy space adventures. Liam seems like a good bro.

But there were definitely some sketchy parts in Jacob's writing, like in 3 where he could cheat on Shepard and get another woman pregnant.

Or being a Black character whose father turns out to be a criminal and rapist.