Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Zzulu posted:

i bought the mythic outfit for peacekeeper

now everytime i execute someone, the screen explodes in fire :shobon:

all is well

Please exaplin, the mythic outfits are more than just a pretty costume? They add effects?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm not sure I'll ever get a mythic outfit. Hard to justify that much steel that could be used for crates.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the best part of this game is when you have 2 "honorable" 2v2 brawls wherein one dude waits for his partner to die before jumping in, but then on the 3rd match they decide to throw it all out the window in desperation and then still lose again, which owned

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Outside the occasional re-sync when someone leaves and inability to join a game because of an error (usually cannot join session, or game is full), it has indeed run flawlessly for me. Though, obviously that isn't flawless, but it's as good as any other multiplayer game I've played recently. Certainly better than rainbow six, but shares the overall Ubisoft problems (servers down waaaay too often,min game it's been fine though.). Maybe PC master race version just works better?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Exmond posted:

Please exaplin, the mythic outfits are more than just a pretty costume? They add effects?

They include special cosmetic effects that activate at various times. Namely, when you execute someone or taunt. They look extremely tacky so I have zero interest in them.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I don't understand why people will honor duels in brawl, but will then immediately jump at you and get a smack in while you're executing the guy. It's like a cat letting you pet its belly and will suddenly bite the poo poo out of you. Why pretend? Just jump in halfway thru the fight. You aren't kidding anyone.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

I don't understand why people will honor duels in brawl, but will then immediately jump at you and get a smack in while you're executing the guy. It's like a cat letting you pet its belly and will suddenly bite the poo poo out of you. Why pretend? Just jump in halfway thru the fight. You aren't kidding anyone.

They could just be playing it safe. Jumping in gives you more opportunity for Revenge.

Then stopping the execution prevents you from getting extra health and they get a free hit.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

mellowjournalism posted:

I know most of you guys are on PC and love that community but

I love the nebulous passive aggression of just being limited to emotes and the quick chat menu :3:

I turned all chat off pretty early on PC.

Mostly because Elimination orders are for takedowns. and I'm gonna try and get a piece of all of them.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Well the HP you get could otherwise turn the fight, and also it's funny

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Someone earlier said they were amazed to see a team lose in Dominion without getting even 100 points. I can do you one better. Less than 50.

:yikes:

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!
For my fellow Shugoki-lovers out there, my microtransaction shame on display for all:

The rare appearances seem to come with an asterisk by them? I got all three parts of the Shugoki weapon while buying loot crates to blow up into salvage to finish the max gearlevel hurdle. I loving love my fatman.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Oblivious posted:

Someone earlier said they were amazed to see a team lose in Dominion without getting even 100 points. I can do you one better. Less than 50.

:yikes:

:eyepop:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Exmond posted:

yes

effects on emotes, idle and execute animations

knights get fire
samurai get flowers
vikings get lightning

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What level do you have to be to get the purple gear? Should you save all your salvage crates until you reach that level too?

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
it is just to broken to play right now. Have had rounds reset, people are tele around like crazy, pauses every 30 sec. Not worth trying to play right now.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

What level do you have to be to get the purple gear? Should you save all your salvage crates until you reach that level too?

You have to hit Reputation 3 on a character before purples start dropping from matches and crates.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Yeah it was a hell of a thing.

Internet Kraken posted:

Just to provide realistic expectations, I think it was something like 5 loot crates and 15k steel + a ton of gear from match rewards to reach the salvage totals to fully upgrade a full set of purples to 108. But once you hit prestige 3 you do start getting 2-3 purples per 500-steel scavenge roll, and of those purples, my completely anecdotal experience was like 5%~ on the gear with asterisks after the name. I still did get a few appearances unique to purple that weren't as uncommon as that, some of which were pretty rad.

On the flip side of that I now get Revenge at absolutely ludicrous speeds, my charged overhead heavies practically oneshot Assassins, and my throw distance is hysterical. I'm not sure it was worth it, but it's certainly fun.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i havent prestiged a single character yet

got lots of them at like 10-15 tho

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So I 3-0 a guy on my Raider a couple times and he starts complaining that Raider is a cheese class and "unbeatable". Also that I was a fag and gay, that seemed important too. I tell him that it's considered one of the weaker duelists and he tell me to get on a different character and see what happens. I tell him I'll probably lose because I haven't really practiced with them. I hop on my Valkyrie and I make a pretty good showing with a 2-3 loss on character that I've only played up to level 4. Then he starts complaining that I watch gay youtubes and that the long combo is unfair and also gay. Then he leaves. He played nothing but Warden and Orochi by the way.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 22, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Every class is broken when people lose to it.

The "cheese" was sprinting into him and knocking him into a fire.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Can you do anything with the laurel you get from "prestiging"? It's in the same space as the crate and steel icons, implying it's a usable.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

rizuhbull posted:

Can you do anything with the laurel? It's in the same space as the crate and steel icons, implying it's a usable.

The laurel is your overall rep. The number of prestiges you have added together.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Raider with the right setup is straight broken in Dominion

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Man this game has such a poo poo tutorial. There's so many small details that I didn't know until someone told me. Someone should write a very very basic guide for new players

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Someone did

for every class

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Man this game has such a poo poo tutorial. There's so many small details that I didn't know until someone told me. Someone should write a very very basic guide for new players

There is an advanced tutorial video for every class built into the game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

No poo poo like certain points refilling your health, creeps have to capture b, hit a button to activate revenge, armor level isn't actually defense, etc etc

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Nobushi is so goddamn fun once you start abusing hidden stance and the kick/bleed combo.

Hidden stance/swipe/kick/bleed then run away until the other guy dies is hilarious.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

No poo poo like certain points refilling your health, creeps have to capture b, hit a button to activate revenge, armor level isn't actually defense, etc etc

They show you how to capture creep points in the basic tutorial and Revenge is explained in the Advanced Tutorial.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah there are some things the game doesn't explain very well but MOST things, especially the essentials, are explained in the tutorials and videos

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I do gotta say with high level gear, it makes dominion basically utterly unfun to play. Prioritizing revenge you can get revenge in basically 2 blocked hits, over and over again. I can see myself just stopping playing Dominion entirely cause of this its super frustrating :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

A friend of mine recommended this game to me as "like Dark Souls but better/harder" whatever the gently caress that means, looking at game-play it doesn't seem to be at all like dark souls.

Are you sure they weren't talking about Nioh?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Wow and to kinda hammer in the point I had, just played against a bunch of gearscore 80+ people and they literally got to spawncamp us for free because we can't loving touch em.

Gear loving sucks jesus christ.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

panda clue posted:

There is an advanced tutorial video for every class built into the game.

Goons are afraid of anything that says "how to play" and avoid it at all costs, and then complain that the game didn't teach them to play :v:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Overwatch dominion is the best map in the game. Ebushido goes out the window and a wrestling match begins.

Also, conqueror feels like almost a real class once you get the shield bash damage passive. Though so far I have to say, Shugoki is a straight up counter to him. The armor eats a shield bash, leaving you open, and his unblockables are faster than anything you have.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You mean the one that dies in 2 seconds when you throw her into spikes? :ohdear:

.....spikes?

:byodood:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

I do gotta say with high level gear, it makes dominion basically utterly unfun to play. Prioritizing revenge you can get revenge in basically 2 blocked hits, over and over again. I can see myself just stopping playing Dominion entirely cause of this its super frustrating :(

Yeah. Having gear do anything besides fashion was already writing on the wall for game modes that employed statted gear. I understand that people want to have sick builds, but the revenge mechanic is basically the strongest and nothing else can compare unless you're a Nobushi sniper, maybe.

Pretty princess dressup is something that I wholeheartedly approve of though. Shugoki needs a meat bun helmet.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Evil Canadian posted:

Wow and to kinda hammer in the point I had, just played against a bunch of gearscore 80+ people and they literally got to spawncamp us for free because we can't loving touch em.

Gear loving sucks jesus christ.

I hope the Revenge gain gets nerfed, honestly. The rest doesn't seem too crazy, though I haven't seen any hard numbers on it. The revenge gain is seriously busted though and it's just not fun. It feels cheap, where getting thrown a little further or taking a bit more damage doesn't have that same overt impact.

Heartcatch posted:

Yeah. Having gear do anything besides fashion was already writing on the wall for game modes that employed statted gear. I understand that people want to have sick builds, but the revenge mechanic is basically the strongest and nothing else can compare unless you're a Nobushi sniper, maybe.

"Writing on the wall" is probably a little premature for a game that hasn't even seen its first balance patch, really. On PC, PVP Dominion is the most populous queue in the game - Very High Activity as opposed to High in Duel/sometimes Brawl. For all that people in this thread love to poo poo on 4v4, it's by all appearances the most popular mode for the masses.

The way it's balanced right now that'll probably start showing some cracks once people are all at higher gear levels and it's just a fuckfest of people revenging constantly and nobody ever dying, but I can't imagine that'll be left as-is once the problem becomes more prevalent.

2 SPOOKY fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 22, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It'd be nice if you got renown and poo poo for standing in that spot and ~*holding the line*~ and all.

Evil Canadian posted:

I'm noticing this in loving bots lately. Multiple times tonight I've seen bots pop revenge three times in one fight against one person :wtc:

Honestly the only mode where there should be a "your gear stats matter" feature is in an optional form of dueling, maybe brawl. Get that poo poo out of 4v4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

Pretty princess dressup is something that I wholeheartedly approve of though. Shugoki needs a meat bun helmet.

Yeah its dumb because getting cool looking gear is plenty of a carrot to chase the gear packs and silver. Doesn't need to have stats that unbalance the game. Although I guess being able to max your stats does really push some people to buy Ubi$$$

But at the cost of the entire game :v: