Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Maxwell Lord posted:

N-n-n-new World Order

Big Daddy Coulson says "Too Sweeeet"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

EDIT: WELP

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/21/agents-shield-brett-dalton-ward-return/

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is seriously one of the most ambitious plot ideas I've ever seen on a TV show.

It's up there with some of the poo poo Fringe and Person of Interest pulled yet it's gonna be continuous

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Can we all agree that the Quakedouken is right up there with the one shot action sequence for most badass Daisy moment?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The woman with Fitz is totally Aidia, isn't it.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I was just coming to post this. So the headline "The last part of season 4 will reward long time viewers" was actually a hidden pun.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Wow. What an episode. I can't wait to see weird world. Also that fight with robo Mace was such a Terminator love letter. The background even looked like the mental asylum in T2, red shifted instead of blue. It was great.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This show. :allears:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I can't wait to see everyone flipping their poo poo in real time over the Ward reveal. I knew we couldn't keep that bastard down for long! :neckbeard:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That episode was loving incredible.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
loving Ward Won't Die! Love it.

Got so hype when I saw the photo. gently caress! This show is The Best.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Can we all agree that the Quakedouken is right up there with the one shot action sequence for most badass Daisy moment?
C'mon, Sonic Boom.

Can we call this the New Ward Order?

Edit: I totally agree with every instance of "Holy poo poo!" and "gently caress!"

June, Coultron, and Mackro, and Macebook were all pretty dead, but I think Fitzbit and the DaisySwarm probably are around.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 22, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vindication for all those ride or die SkyeWard shippers.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
God drat that episode was :asoiaf: personified.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Bet this is going to be a world where either Hydra won the events of Winter Soldier, or SHIELD never exists and it was Hydra all the way down.

Wait, this is kind of House of M....House of C?

Age of Aida

and holy poo poo turning The Superior into a head in a jar that remote controls his own body :stonklol:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Age of Aida

and holy poo poo turning The Superior into a head in a jar that remote controls his own body :stonklol:

It is a testament to this episode that I almost forgot that happened. How long was that episode?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The rumors are already flying that The Superior will become M.O.D.O.K....

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Age of Aida

Found a good match for The Superior.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It was Simmons in the car with Fitz, and her gravestone was a fakeout, yeah?

If not, well played, AoS, on the most unexpected and undersold character death ever on tv.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

That ending reminded me that I miss Fringe. Absolutely insane. I love it

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So assuming its 2017 in the show, then Gemma is 30, then she was 25 when she joined SHIELD? Not really out of the ordinary really.

You know, if they ever did a smartest people in the MCU, I'm sure Gemma and Fitz would rank pretty high, only slightly behind Bruce Banner and Hank Pym.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Random thing I learned on the internet:

November 5 2013 is the airdate of the episode FTZZ (the one where she got the exploding head disease from the Chitauri helmet). Not sure what that means, but it's maybe something?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, that was an amazing, intense episode. Can someone give Elizabeth Henstridge an award for that? Because drat. She ran the gauntlet in that episode.

And really, the main reason I was hoping/expecting Daisy to not be a LMD isn't because I'm clever or anything. Its just because I couldn't imagine this episode not having her kick some robot rear end in amazing ways. And I was not disappointed.

Jesus, that Hydra world being slowly unveiled was one hell of a cliffhanger. Leave it to Radcliffe/Aida to decide that the perfect world was the one where the Nazis won.

howe_sam posted:

Vindication for all those ride or die SkyeWard shippers.

There are people like that? That should be amusing when Daisy has to send episodes holding back her vomit whenever Ward touches her.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

That was awesome!

But seriously, how can you spend a whole season on LMDs and not finish said season with a permanent LMD-ized cast member?
It's wasteful.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

BlackJosh posted:

Wow. What an episode. I can't wait to see weird world. Also that fight with robo Mace was such a Terminator love letter. The background even looked like the mental asylum in T2, red shifted instead of blue. It was great.

Yeah, that was really well don.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was Radcliff straight up killed or is he now trapped in the Matrix?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

STAC Goat posted:

There are people like that?

https://twitter.com/KatiaScrii/status/834246004916502535

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

^^^ I rest my case

STAC Goat posted:

There are people like that? That should be amusing when Daisy has to send episodes holding back her vomit whenever Ward touches her.

Are there people invested in an obviously terrible toxic relationship? Have you met the Internet?

twistedmentat posted:

It can be two things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Its both. His body is dead and his consciousness is in the Framework. That's what Radcliffe accidently convinced Aida was all that mattered right before she slashed both of his wrists.

Ah, Radcliffe. Brought down by his own mad scientist rantings. A truly fitting quasi-end.

At least until he goes all mad scientist in the Framework.

Yakmouth posted:

That was awesome!

But seriously, how can you spend a whole season on LMDs and not finish said season with a permanent LMD-ized cast member?
It's wasteful.

Considering the whole episode was spent establishing that (a) your consciousness can exist in the Framework even after you body dies, (b) they can die in the Framework, and (c) Aida's figured out how to have a LMD controlled by decapitated brain... I'd say there's really no guarantee that everyone's making it out of this season in the same form they entered it in.

Like Daisy, I fear for FitzSimmons.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What an amazing loving episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

^^^ I rest my case

Are there people invested in an obviously terrible toxic relationship? Have you met the Internet?

Yea, have you see how many loving women post "I wanna love like Harley and the Joker!' when Suicide Squad was coming out? Seriously, it was disturbing.

quote:

It can be two things.

Was he in one of the internet chairs when she slashed his wrist? This episode was so dense It's easy forget small details like that.

I married a Robot! The Gemma Simmons story.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Was he in one of the internet chairs when she slashed his wrist? This episode was so dense It's easy forget small details like that.

Aida pushed him into the Framework cradle thingie right after cutting his wrists. The lights on the headset all lit up right before he appeared to die.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/834255157307207682
That smirk :allears:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

yes everything about this episode was the best! Human-detecting hug, the field full of Daisies, quake-douken, WARD, June

show is best :haw:

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Amazing episode. Can we get Bobbi and Hunter back in the Framework please?

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

Considering the whole episode was spent establishing that (a) your consciousness can exist in the Framework even after you body dies, (b) they can die in the Framework, and (c) Aida's figured out how to have a LMD controlled by decapitated brain... I'd say there's really no guarantee that everyone's making it out of this season in the same form they entered it in.

Like Daisy, I fear for FitzSimmons.

I realize that nothing is guaranteed, but I'd had my heart set on LMD May becoming long term. My second choice would have been LMD Mac or Mace, and I'm feeling like those particular avenues have been pretty conclusively blocked off.

It's a minor disappointment, not even really a criticism -- I know how much plot Season 4 can deliver over the next seven episodes and I plan on loving every minute.

I'm really scratching my head over which regret got erased for Fitz to end up where he has... something to do with his father, right?

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Tree Dude posted:

My brain says this shouldn't be my favorite show but my heart disagrees

I did not expect AoS to pick up with Ash Vs. Evil Dead left off. It's not really gore if it's a robot right? :gibs:

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

I'm 18 minutes in.

Jesus christ. This episode is loving relentless.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Out of everything, Coulson is going to be the hardest person to break out of the matrix. He's lecturing about hating inhumans; that's like an 180 degree turn.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
He could be explaining why people fear inhumans, and why they shouldn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So uh, other than goon sexual fantasies, why did they need TWENTY Daisy LMDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
They could kill Inhumans 20x as fast?

• Locked thread