Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Steroids FTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steroids with Throne Butt is the most fun that can be had

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i would probably like steroids more than yv if steroids didn't have bad ultras

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ooh i forgot about steroids since u have to unlock characters now. im going to play himn next because hes a bamf.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i want a fps with yv as the player character

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
picked up and played today again for the hell of it, think i'm able to consistently get to at least the crystal caves on loop 1 now, often the labs
hope this isn't where i plateau off, poo poo gets absolutely insane

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

extremebuff posted:

the only gun i try to ditch asap is the machinegun..feels like its just the pistol on autofire. great sound tho

it's literally the revolver on autofire, but with a little bit of inaccuracy added in. it has ~15% higher dps than the revolver, so that's something, but...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

doughvakiin posted:

you: ah.. flame shotgun huh? sounds pretty neat
the chill experienced gamer, reclined casually in his chair: yeah its okay i guess, but when you compare the numbers against the othe -- you know what gently caress it, just read this 20 page Pastebin i wrote containing DPS comparisons, early game optimizations, and how to completely avoid dealing with the stress of learning and experiencing a new game for yourself

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Did every noob get obliterated by the thrones laser the first try?

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 22, 2017

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dongicus posted:

I didn't, due to luck. You should spoiler tag that btw there's lots of people on here playing this for the first time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

i sure did

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

killed hunter and got to 7-1, thought i had it in the bag with the double flame shotty and a lot of really great upgrades but the green dog things didn't care if i had 12 hp :)

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Robot Randy posted:

i want a fps with yv as the player character
there, uh, is one

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

yv and steroids are my favorites too but ive only beaten the throne with eyes

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

tried out Nuclear Throne Togehter the online co-op mod w/ wormskull for a lil bit and it loving P0wns. Seriously everyone pair up and try that poo poo out it's so much drat fuin especially if you dirnk a lot of liquor but not too much.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

there, uh, is one

yv is the final boss in gun godz not the pc, so uh no, there isnt

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

no you play as him. you kill the old gun god and become the new one apparently

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

no you play as him. you kill the old gun god and become the new one apparently

ok, there should be more games with yv tho

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I keep trying to press b when playing as other characters lol.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

doughvakiin posted:

tried out Nuclear Throne Togehter the online co-op mod w/ wormskull for a lil bit and it loving P0wns. Seriously everyone pair up and try that poo poo out it's so much drat fuin especially if you dirnk a lot of liquor but not too much.

i tried it out when i first got the game and it unlocked every character at the start and i felt bad

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i saw a thumbnail on yt titled "nuclear throne speedrun to loop 3" and it showed the desert with enormous crowds of monsters and multiple big bandits..i cant even get to the throne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you can loop the game endlessly, theres no real end. But beating the throne is a good first goal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the farthest anyone gotten. I know at a certain point the health scales out of a sane range but I'm curious if somebody has grinded out like 10 loops with a wrench

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the guy in the vid was playing as rogue, they got through all of loop 3 using jackhammer and some super grenade launcher. i didnt watch the bosses i havent seen yet though, it was cool watching the guy calmly go through 400-count mobs knowing he could be obliterated any second

also hammerhead seems vital, once the monster count gets that big you cant just hope the maps give you cover lol

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

extremebuff posted:

the guy in the vid was playing as rogue, they got through all of loop 3 using jackhammer and some super grenade launcher. i didnt watch the bosses i havent seen yet though, it was cool watching the guy calmly go through 400-count mobs knowing he could be obliterated any second

also hammerhead seems vital, once the monster count gets that big you cant just hope the maps give you cover lol

fear is the mindkilla

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm totally hPpy to have made it to the first normal enemy level on first loop tbh

I Said No
May 21, 2007

in the late game open ground is probably the most lethal thing you'll encounter so hammerhead is pretty drat helpful yeah

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

you can loop the game endlessly, theres no real end. But beating the throne is a good first goal

worth noting that there are a couple of endings, of which beating the throne is one. (just, you don't ever have to take an ending.)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

worth noting that there are a couple of endings, of which beating the throne is one. (just, you don't ever have to take an ending.)

more than one ending? i thought it was just kill the throne, kill throne 2, loop, continue ?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

doughvakiin posted:

more than one ending? i thought it was just kill the throne, kill throne 2, loop, continue ?

you can go to the IDPD world and kill their boss or something, I thin k that ends the game

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you can go to the IDPD world and kill their boss or something, I thin k that ends the game

Get to the back of an IDPD Van just as it is unloads the popo and press E. Strong Spirit recommended

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i didnt warm much to this game when i first played it like a year or so ago. decided to give it another go and made it further than i ever have, which isnt very far, but still, im pleased. a question though, is the ice world boss supposed to be such bullshit?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

i didnt warm much to this game when i first played it like a year or so ago. decided to give it another go and made it further than i ever have, which isnt very far, but still, im pleased. a question though, is the ice world boss supposed to be such bullshit?

youve gotta clear the area of mobs as best you can, and use cover well. his shadow tells you where he's gonna land next. but yeah, he's insanely hard

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
my problem is that im still getting a handle on how the ice world enemies work because ive gotten there like 3 times. First time i saw a car being chucked my way is when im running from that retard. Doesn't help it spawns me in the middle of a big expanse surrounded by spider masterminds

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the trick for lil hunter is to just go apeshit on him with your strongest gun as soon as he appears. he has very little HP

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its difficult when im getting swarmed by yeti and spiders.
the run i just died in i almost got him, i had like 2 hp and with my autoshotty i carved a path of insanity through at least 30 enemies. my health regen mutation only gave me like 2 hp for that and i ended up with no ammo. I almost had him

I Said No
May 21, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

the trick for lil hunter is to just go apeshit on him with your strongest gun as soon as he appears. he has very little HP

the best runs are ones where you find a powerful weapon just prior to meeting him and completely beast him in one shot the second he lands
super bazooka, super crossbow and energy hammer are good candidates

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The yeti doesnt exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

its difficult when im getting swarmed by yeti and spiders.
the run i just died in i almost got him, i had like 2 hp and with my autoshotty i carved a path of insanity through at least 30 enemies. my health regen mutation only gave me like 2 hp for that and i ended up with no ammo. I almost had him

Just do your best gamer. If u are afraid of melee weapons try them out u may be surprised ;-)

• Locked thread