Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Homestar Runner posted:

lol the DNC in its current form is a perpetual loser machine

perhaps consider popping the bubble you live in

You're way too much of a surly little limpdick to be the real homestar runner.

EDIT: new page, nazi goons gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

Liberals have removed any weight the word racist had by overusing it. Now youre working on nazi.

Great job!

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

JB50 posted:

Liberals have removed any weight the word racist had by overusing it. Now youre working on nazi.

Great job!

and then john was a zombie

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

JB50 posted:

Great job!

looks like someone's more of a minor threat guy

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

looks like someone's more of a minor threat guy

Ha yes Im definitely sorry for something I didnt do.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

JB50 posted:

Ha yes Im definitely sorry for something I didnt do.

hahaha poo poo. for real tho let's not debate that song because I'm sure you and i are both sick of doing that at this point in our lives.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Hail Anselmo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JB50 posted:

Great job!

This is so stupid. A word doesnt stop holding meaning because you saw a lot of people on the internet use it. Everyone on the internet talks about cats, do cats not exist anymore?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

JB50 posted:

Jesus christ let the gun thing go. Here chew on this:

Republicans now dominate state government, with 32 legislatures and 33 governors

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/14/1598918/-Republicans-now-dominate-state-government-with-32-legislatures-and-33-governors
will this finally be enough so that there might be a thanksgiving in america that isnt ruined by outraged and confused republican screaming?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

This is so stupid. A word doesnt stop holding meaning because you saw a lot of people on the internet use it. Everyone on the internet talks about cats, do cats not exist anymore?

cats were repealed and replaced with dogs

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

I said come in! posted:

I want to call this a strawman but that's insulting to strawmen since they usually have at least some relation to the point they are attempting to refute.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

feelix posted:

I want to call this a strawman but that's insulting to strawmen since they usually have at least some relation to the point they are attempting to refute.

Racism no longer exist because liberals apparently used the word beyond its usage limit. Is this a lot like how internet service providers have bandwidth limits? Does it reset each month?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Racism no longer exist because liberals apparently used the word beyond its usage limit. Is this a lot like how internet service providers have bandwidth limits? Does it reset each month?

"X no longer exists" and "the word X has lost all meaning" are statements so far removed from each other that I do not even consider the former to be a suitable strawman for the latter. HTH

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
If you actually wrote out your analogy correctly, you would realize that cats have indeed lost their majestic gravity due to overuse, and poster jb50 is corrsct

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good going libtards, you just made racism and bigotry okay because you used words too much.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

I said come in! posted:

"literally" doesn't mean anything anymore, for instance

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
deep thoughts itt

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I think its more that the term is used to paint such a broad brush these days that people stop listening and it loses its impact in cases where it shouldn't, due to constant misuse.

Kind of like when you tell someone something causes cancer and their response is "meh everything causes cancer anyway who really knows".

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Meh, everyone is racist nazis so who cares...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

SBJ posted:

I think its more that the term is used to paint such a broad brush these days that people stop listening and it loses its impact in cases where it shouldn't, due to constant misuse.

Kind of like when you tell someone something causes cancer and their response is "meh everything causes cancer anyway who really knows".

This guy gets it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
A bunch of feminazi is going to publicly abort late term babies to protest Trump!

http://rightwingnow.com/word-on-the-street/women-planning-public-late-term-abortions-support-planned-parenthood/

The left knows no boundaries! They are sick!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Liberal college kids to chop their dick off if Trump builds the wall!

http://rightwingnow.com/word-on-the-street/college-kids-pledge-remove-genitals-trump-builds-wall/

libtards are mentally ills

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 22, 2017

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
worst thread
worst posters

and can all of the coward non liberal that post in the liberal gun lovers thread please stop posting there. it clearly states it is for liberal gun lovers only. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

WatermelonGun posted:

This isn't a good look for you

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
trump is a bad president you guys

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bargearse posted:

trump is a bad president you guys

No he's perfect because "BUT HER EMAILS" and ???

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
You had no good candidates. This should be a great shame for you

Hopefully this shitshow will bring about better and more reasonable candidates in future elections, instead of Hillarys and Trumps

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

Hopefully this shitshow will bring about better and more reasonable candidates in future elections, instead of Hillarys and Trumps

This shitshow will normalize even more the widespread use of unsubstantiated crazy rumors as weapons to attack the political opponents.

It will get crazier every year and a huge amount of people will believe all these things initially and won't be able to change their opinion even if these rumors are debunked. Because everybody hates to admit they were wrong and manipulated into espousing opinions.

This future shitshow will be brought to you by Trump&Bannon™

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

It's "you mad" without punctuation. Don't worry, you won't be such a fuckup someday.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This shitshow will normalize even more the widespread use of unsubstantiated crazy rumors as weapons to attack the political opponents.

It will get crazier every year and a huge amount of people will believe all these things initially and won't be able to change their opinion even if these rumors are debunked. Because everybody hates to admit they were wrong and manipulated into espousing opinions.

I can't wait for every conspiracy theory FW FW FW on facebook to become reality canon, like half the political electorate is retarded and believes in conspiracy theories anyways, why not make it the norm? Global warming is a globalist myth to destroy America, and pizza shops run pedo rings for the U.N.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)

Jukebox Hero posted:

It's "you mad" without punctuation. Don't worry, you won't be such a fuckup someday.

it's actually "u mad"

Sometimes you can add "u mad m8" for emphasis

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Can we just all agree that FT probably jerks off to pictures of crying black men

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
honestly its been pretty interesting seeing all the frog mans come out of the woodwork, between kill_all_jews.exe and this. i really appreciate how similar their arguments tend to be, while they simultaneously argue that they're not part of a collective movement.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

i mean, best case fox news and the administration collapse under the weight of the old man of orange, but thats probably incredibly unlikely. what im really curious is how the movement of r/the_donald, /pol/, and Sargon+Friends will change over time. as that 20-26 demographic ages, how will their political views change, and how will the branding of the youtube septics change in accordance? the future is exciting

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

I said come in! posted:

You are not the smartest person in the thread.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Kjoery posted:

honestly its been pretty interesting seeing all the frog mans come out of the woodwork, between kill_all_jews.exe and this. i really appreciate how similar their arguments tend to be, while they simultaneously argue that they're not part of a collective movement.

i mean, best case fox news and the administration collapse under the weight of the old man of orange, but thats probably incredibly unlikely. what im really curious is how the movement of r/the_donald, /pol/, and Sargon+Friends will change over time. as that 20-26 demographic ages, how will their political views change, and how will the branding of the youtube septics change in accordance? the future is exciting

I'm kind of betting on a Helldump-like metamorphosis. You know, start out as rampant unchecked pieces of poo poo then transform like beautiful butterflies into powerful forces of social betterment, and also rampant unchecked pieces of poo poo.

It doesn't really matter what side of the moral argument you're on so long as the morality is good and feels good going through your veins.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

thathonkey posted:

worst thread
worst posters

and can all of the coward non liberal that post in the liberal gun lovers thread please stop posting there. it clearly states it is for liberal gun lovers only. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

I love my guns liberally.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Jukebox Hero posted:

Can we just all agree that FT probably jerks off to pictures of crying black men

You are literally shaking as you type this stuff.
There there.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Ape Fist posted:

It doesn't really matter what side of the moral argument you're on so long as the morality is good and feels good going through your veins.
well in the case of the youtubers all that matters is that the indignant-outrage, moral arguments generate clicks (and patreon subscribers. frog-fueled moral outrage pays dang well)

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Kjoery posted:

well in the case of the youtubers all that matters is that the indignant-outrage, moral arguments generate clicks

They wouldn't do it if they didn't think there was a kernel of moral satisfaction to be had from doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Ape Fist posted:

They wouldn't do it if they didn't think there was a kernel of moral satisfaction to be had from doing it.
counterpoint: the more popular of them make around a $50-$100k a year off patreon alone via rants about being upset by something once a week. i mean, its probably not the easiest gig at times, but still, i can see some of them staying in it for the money.

the smaller ones are probably genuine though

e: hahahaha, bearing manages to milk anywhere between $100k-$150k/yr out of his patreons. beautiful

crime weed fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 22, 2017

• Locked thread