Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

*record scratch*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/HjIvPjZ.gifv

Blink and miss it kill notification at the very end.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't know MIDA did ~95 damage when you shoot somebody in the balls either

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension posted:

I didn't know MIDA did ~95 damage when you shoot somebody in the balls either

We in that dick crit meta, boss

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I love my Wealorans but i loved it even more when it use to be like this: https://youtu.be/UyP8EC5lrI8

That's how fast it used to handle without snspshot or quickdraw. Plus that stability.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Do any of you guys wanna play with a level 10 who got the game yesterday and is really bad? Everyone I see is level 40

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lmao yesss

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Second skirmish game maining IB. Couldn't squeek it out. But it's feeling good.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

This patch had a zero second learning curve for me because truly, I used a fusion for ages. It taught me that to get kills I must and will both actually aim a gun and take damage in the process. All the shotgun twats out there only knew getting close, facing someone, and people dying. Good riddance and goodnight, little turds, the time for relying on gun skill is here to give you night terrors.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

el B posted:

Got that Icebreaker mother fers ill see you in the trials

Goongrats poooooooommm

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

pech posted:

Do any of you guys wanna play with a level 10 who got the game yesterday and is really bad? Everyone I see is level 40

System and GT?

Really you should play though the campaign to unlock all your class abilities and get some decent gear. Jumping into PVP with other players will suck because you won't be properly equipped and you won't know the maps. At this point even scrub pvp players know what works. PVE can be fun. Run missions and patrols, do public events for marks and buy good vendor gear when you hit 40. Once you can do strikes and dailies you will be rolling in marks and you can get better stuff.

Last_Taste fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 22, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:negative: This is precisely me.

Except my sexual history is leagues deep, I live in the gym, and instead of a sword it's an AR-15. :cheers:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Pffffffft I have more rings than this kid.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

cvnvcnv posted:

Except my sexual history is leagues deep, I live in the gym, and instead of a sword it's an AR-15. :cheers:

Small dick tho

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

cvnvcnv posted:

Like little leagues? Cause that's gross

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Small dick tho

:lol:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

Small dick tho
It was glorious once but I've posted about DESTINY so much it's now got the dimensions of a stack of dress shirt buttons :(

Soulex posted:

Like little leagues? Cause that's gross
Grosser. Senior Bingo league. I go full-on Fart Hammer with them too.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Let's see your deadlift, nerd.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Apparently sweats have a new restriction that you can't have higher than tier 3 discipline lol

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

That sounds completely loving stupid.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I do think tier 5 grenades charge a little too fast, it turns a lot of engagements into throw and pray situations.

But I'm not gonna artificially restrict myself with some e-bushido code of honor. If charge rate was actually a problem Bungie would have nerfed it a long time ago.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

I do think tier 5 grenades charge a little too fast, it turns a lot of engagements into throw and pray situations.

But I'm not gonna artificially restrict myself with some e-bushido code of honor. If charge rate was actually a problem Bungie would have nerfed it a long time ago.

Well just wait for their health regen fix.
Somehow it'll gently caress up grenade regen.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

xzzy posted:

If charge rate was actually a problem Bungie would have nerfed it a long time ago.

I don't know why you would say that. If we've learned anything from Destiny, it's that Bungie will ignore actual issues while simultaneously nerfing things that were never a problem to begin with.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

I don't know why you would say that. If we've learned anything from Destiny, it's that Bungie will ignore actual issues while simultaneously nerfing things that were never a problem to begin with.

Because they balance everything by percentages. If kills by a weapon archetype get over their assigned percentage, Bungie nerfs it. Therefore if grenades were getting too many kills, we would have seen across the board nerfs.

Individual grenades have been nerfed several times.. because their usage percentages got too high. Other grenades have been indirectly buffed with exotic armor perks to try and boost their usage percentages.

This entire game is build around RNG and a pie chart.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Apparently sweats have a new restriction that you can't have higher than tier 3 discipline lol

Sweat rules have always been retarded. Cant have max armor titan but but you could run jugg shield, no litc but you could run ranged melee on storm caller.

Quickdraw on blade dancer was ok, viking funeral was ok.

Sweats in an rng base game for the best weapons was pretty dumb anyway. The only rule should just be no exotic armor let everyone build what they want.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Sweat rules have been fine unless y'all wanna se sweats be all one class and subclass

Actually that's probably the best way to do sweats at this point

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
All sunsingers with perk that makes others abilities charge faster, only solar nades, melee that pushes people back

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hughbinlact scputs and snipers only

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Class restrictions were fine but the efforts to "balance" the lobbies were retarded.

Even not allowing litc rounds was ok in practice.

You can't really complain about strikers with max armor loving with the break points but then allow simmering flames or the storm caller extended melee range.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Destiny should be more like call of duty or overwatch

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

If you want it to be like Overwarth which characters are gay and bi? Pretty important.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Actually it's been a lot like those games for me in that I don't play it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

el B posted:

Over watch is a worse team fortress and call of duty has kind of jumped the shark. You play it for ten mins and its the same game you've been playing for a decade.

The whole "destiny 2 will be more accessible to casual players" has me worried activision want bungie to go more that route with d2.

Hopefully it just means less stupid time locks on quests like waiting all day for a warsat on mars and less grinding like getting crucible kills with dogshit test weapons or finding 50 hadium flakes.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Let's see your deadlift, nerd.

Its long established that I rule this thread with a 170 kg 1RM.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Who the gently caress cares about bushido code or whatever the gently caress. Sweat.

Just have fun and play what works for you.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope d2 has a gym with qte and press x to flex

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

D2 is just gonna have a bunch of people in a social space playing the new "tower ball" game.

Hope that helps.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I hope there's a jerking-off emote in D2, except it's only available in a $200 limited edition package

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Soulex posted:

Who the gently caress cares about bushido code or whatever the gently caress. Sweat.

Just have fun and play what works for you.

Sweats are competitive games against other good players. They are pretty fun once you get past the tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

please, Bungie is going to give a huge middle finger to "cosmetic purchases" and let people straight up buy guns and weapon upgrades.

• Locked thread