Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Swedish supreme clown in charge with immigrant children. haha.

Why is the swedes so retarded?

15 y olds :~D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
cecilia uddén status: still a national treasure

https://twitter.com/ceciliauddenm/status/833914698261204992

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Cardiac posted:

SÄPO rate left-wing extremism as an higher risk than right-wing, FYI.

The easy answer is that they are all bad.

no but you see, the truth is in the middle guys

Seriously, Cardiac. You posted this exact same dumbass talking point before, and exactly like last time I'm going to link you to the same drat Säpo report from 2009 where they say no such thing whatsoever. What they do say is that the right wing extremists have greater economical resources and access to weapons and explosives that the left wing lacks, but that their targets and methods are different (the left wing is a greater threat to public order/private storefronts and as far as harassing local politicians goes, while the right wing is a far greater violent threat to individuals). In Säpo's yearbook from 2015 (2016 isn't out yet) the section about violent political extremism hardly even mentions left wing extremism at all, and most of the chapter is dedicated to an extensive discussion about arson at asylum shelters and the failure to catch the perpetrators.

Also, in the 2009 report:

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 22, 2017

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

TheFluff posted:

Seriously, Cardiac. You posted this exact same dumbass talking point before, and exactly like last time I'm going to link you to the same drat Säpo report from 2009 where they say no such thing whatsoever. What they do say is that the right wing extremists have greater economical resources and access to weapons and explosives that the left wing lacks, but that their targets and methods are different (the left wing is a greater threat to public order/private storefronts and as far as harassing local politicians goes, while the right wing is a far greater violent threat to individuals).

Eh all violent extremism is bad, or don't you agree?
The difference between left and right wing extremists is well known. The left are on the other hand much more accepted within society due to reasons. See researchgruppen, hubinette who if things were seen as equal wouldn't have been given the spotlight they have.
The governments investigator did rank the threats and that was what I referred too. Which have been covered in the main press.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Cardiac posted:

The difference between left and right wing extremists is well known. The left are on the other hand much more accepted within society due to reasons. See researchgruppen, hubinette who if things were seen as equal wouldn't have been given the spotlight they have.
The governments investigator did rank the threats and that was what I referred too. Which have been covered in the main press.

im gay

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

TheFluff posted:

Seriously, Cardiac. You posted this exact same dumbass talking point before, and exactly like last time I'm going to link you to the same drat Säpo report from 2009 where they say no such thing whatsoever. What they do say is that the right wing extremists have greater economical resources and access to weapons and explosives that the left wing lacks, but that their targets and methods are different (the left wing is a greater threat to public order/private storefronts and as far as harassing local politicians goes, while the right wing is a far greater violent threat to individuals). In Säpo's yearbook from 2015 (2016 isn't out yet) the section about violent political extremism hardly even mentions left wing extremism at all, and most of the chapter is dedicated to an extensive discussion about arson at asylum shelters and the failure to catch the perpetrators.

Eh, have you ever heard of alt-facts? :rolleyes:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So, I'm terrible at keeping up with Norwegian politics, but something seems to be happening that actually makes me kind of upset. The government is gonna merge a whole bunch of the existing counties in Southern Norway into new super regions, or atleast some of them, doing it forcibly in some cases where it has been rejected by local governments and votes. What the hell is informing them to do this? Is it just another stage of H's centralization fetish? The one in the east, surrounding Oslo is going to be like 1-1.2 million people, almost 25% of the population, it's just ridiculous. What good is going to come of this? It all seems to me like it will just result in public services being further centralized in large cities out of the reach of people who live in the districts, which alot of people in Norway do and you often have to travel alot to get to places. Centralization is not good for this country the only thing it gives us is ever more loving traffic going to that goddamned capital of ours.

I don't really know why, but somehow I am irrationally angry about this, it's a new sort of feeling, and what makes it even worse is that the proposed names are just so goddamned lame, and we'll probably have new coats-of-arms (or logos) designed by graphic designers or some other horrid poo poo.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Randarkman posted:

It all seems to me like it will just result in public services being further centralized in large cities out of the reach of people who live in the districts,

I think this is the answer you are looking for.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

I think this is the answer you are looking for.

Yes, and it's loving lovely, and I am angry at myself for having paid so little attention to this. That Eastern county, Viken, is just utter madness when it comes to the populations and various regionalities they are just mashing together. And the same basically goes for Hedmark+Oppland and the others as well.

e: This is supposed to be V's proposal it seems like. Smelled of H to me, though I guess they are backing it anyway, and they let V draw up the proposal as a treat to get their backing. Still makes sense, I doubt any prominent politician from V has ever set foot outside Oslo, I'm glad I didn't end up voting for them when I was a dumb teenager attracted to their policies.

e2: Well, elections coming up this autumn. Guess I found myself an issue.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 22, 2017

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Randarkman posted:

Yes, and it's loving lovely, and I am angry at myself for having paid so little attention to this. That Eastern county, Viken, is just utter madness when it comes to the populations and various regionalities they are just mashing together. And the same basically goes for Hedmark+Oppland and the others as well.

e: This is supposed to be V's proposal it seems like. Smelled of H to me, though I guess they are backing it anyway, and they let V draw up the proposal as a treat to get their backing. Still makes sense, I doubt any prominent politician from V has ever set foot outside Oslo, I'm glad I didn't end up voting for them when I was a dumb teenager attracted to their policies.

e2: Well, elections coming up this autumn. Guess I found myself an issue.

Sounds like you're voting SP. Might not be a bad idea if you don't want more Osloification. It's impressive just how much the Oslo elites don't want any governmental functions moved from the capitol, and are working hard to centralize all power and municipal oversight to Oslo.

Then you realize that a lot of this probably ties into money and the realestate market, because the influx of people to Oslo (you pretty much have to go there to find work if you're educated these days, true for like 80% of my grad class in Uni) is keeping the housing market nice and inflated with people who have the means to pay (to offset all those poors and immigrants who can't). If jobs start trickling out and the pressure on the housing market subsides, the bubble of loan-financed expectation-driven real estate investment in Oslo might suffer. Can't have that, now can we?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nice piece of fish posted:

Sounds like you're voting SP. Might not be a bad idea if you don't want more Osloification. It's impressive just how much the Oslo elites don't want any governmental functions moved from the capitol, and are working hard to centralize all power and municipal oversight to Oslo.

Then you realize that a lot of this probably ties into money and the realestate market, because the influx of people to Oslo (you pretty much have to go there to find work if you're educated these days, true for like 80% of my grad class in Uni) is keeping the housing market nice and inflated with people who have the means to pay (to offset all those poors and immigrants who can't). If jobs start trickling out and the pressure on the housing market subsides, the bubble of loan-financed expectation-driven real estate investment in Oslo might suffer. Can't have that, now can we?

Yeah, it's pretty crazy, but I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. Guess this is how you know you are starting to get old.

Also, Norway doesn't have a housing bubble. In fact there is a shortage of housing! Prices can only go up! Everyone wins!

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Feb 22, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Damnit, Swedes are getting paid to troll too? That just ruins the artform.

https://euvsdisinfo.eu/behind-the-scenes-at-the-swedish-troll-factory/

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cardiac posted:

How about you stop lying for a lil' bit, and maybe then we can have a reasonable discussion.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Nice piece of fish posted:

Sounds like both Finland and Sweden have the same issues.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

You know you say that but then I look at Västragötaland. There are reasons to oppose the creation of super-counties but lets not pretend that there're no benefits or reasons for the formation of them.

I don't know why Norway and Finland are centralising but here in Sweden specialized healthcare hardware, public transit and EU funding are the main arguments.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 22, 2017

Heinz Hynkel
Nov 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

MiddleOne posted:

I don't know why Norway and Finland are centralising but here in Sweden specialized healthcare hardware, public transit and EU funding are the main arguments.

We are centralizing because of this:

We must cut costs and we must do it now! Or we will be hosed. It the only smart thing to do. We got Municipalities with as few as 400 citizen. Pure expensive madness.
I see that others in this thread has whined about not following the will of the people. The fact is that people does not care, at least not caring enough to vote over the issue.
The only people that really care are the small-kings (the politicians in the Municipalities) that will no longer be needed. These fuckers now need to find a real job. Haha.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I am super against storregionsfrågan mainly because i dont want our pure värmlandian culture to be infested with närke filth

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
https://twitter.com/HenrikWaje/status/833761394747125760

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Guy looks like an egg. Guess I'll be voting for an egg.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

don't vote for the national chauvinists please

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

don't vote for the national chauvinists please

My mom would Kill me if i ever voted SD. Bless her

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can respect SP. They know how to use their leverage for maximum gain for themselves and their voters. They are 100% cyncics and i trust they will abandon their so called patriotism the moment it becomes opportune to horsetrade a little with the left. They are pragmatic populists after all. Maxing out our food production and slowing down the centralization of Norway are causes i support. SP 2017: Make Oslo small again!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

My mom would Kill me if i ever voted SD. Bless her

(Sweidish) SD and (Norwegian) SP aren't really the same thing though.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Randarkman posted:

So, I'm terrible at keeping up with Norwegian politics, but something seems to be happening that actually makes me kind of upset. The government is gonna merge a whole bunch of the existing counties in Southern Norway into new super regions, or atleast some of them, doing it forcibly in some cases where it has been rejected by local governments and votes. What the hell is informing them to do this? Is it just another stage of H's centralization fetish? The one in the east, surrounding Oslo is going to be like 1-1.2 million people, almost 25% of the population, it's just ridiculous. What good is going to come of this? It all seems to me like it will just result in public services being further centralized in large cities out of the reach of people who live in the districts, which alot of people in Norway do and you often have to travel alot to get to places. Centralization is not good for this country the only thing it gives us is ever more loving traffic going to that goddamned capital of ours.

I don't really know why, but somehow I am irrationally angry about this, it's a new sort of feeling, and what makes it even worse is that the proposed names are just so goddamned lame, and we'll probably have new coats-of-arms (or logos) designed by graphic designers or some other horrid poo poo.

This exact thing was done in Denmark in 2007, it has had no measurable positive benefits (despite all the golden promises of 'economics of scale' savings, and the like). In fact, service has gone down tremendously, bureaucracy exploded and citizens feel further from government/politicians than ever (with lower local election participation as a consequence) - One could argue, though not very well substantiated, that it has worked as an accelerator for killing off the 'udkantsområder/udkantsdanmark'. The only reason it hasn't been shouted from the rooftops what a massive turd of a decision it has turned out to be, is because the politicians responsible are still politicians, and have no interest in anyone talking about it (lest it be discovered how stupid it was).

I don't know anything about Norwegian political parties, but please don't be a single issue voter!

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Randarkman posted:

(Sweidish) SD and (Norwegian) SP aren't really the same thing though.

i admit I'm clueless

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

There's a description in the OP. Essentially they're the same as what the Swedish Centerpartiet used to be, a pro-agrarian, pro-local autonomy, anti-EU, kind of gang. Also notorious historically for being incredibly mercenary in who they will work with to achieve their ends.

e: Also Nasjonal Samling (Norway's fascist party back in WW2-times) was mostly made up of former members of the party, back when they were known as Bondepartiet. But, you know, nevermind about that.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

Sounds a lot better than a weird insular boys club with nazi roots

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I don't know anything about Norwegian political parties, but please don't be a single issue voter!
The abolition of private property is the only issue anyone needs.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

Randarkman posted:

Someones had a look in the crystal ball and saw that in a not too distant future there will be a shortage of muicipal and regional care-takers to tend to your grandma.With larger municipalities - they can ship her off farther and claim she's still in her home municipality. Another benefit is that travelling time between Stavanger and Kristiansand will be shortened by half an hour without upgrading a single road.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The abolition of private property is the only issue anyone needs.

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

He could armed revolution me any day~

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Rødt burde slå seg sammen med SV, med Moxnes som leder. SV trenger krutt, Rødt trenger velgere, og vi trenger alle å bli kvitt Lysbakken. Vil stemme Rødt, men hva er poenget om de ikke kan komme i regjering?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Biomute posted:

Rødt burde slå seg sammen med SV, med Moxnes som leder. SV trenger krutt, Rødt trenger velgere, og vi trenger alle å bli kvitt Lysbakken. Vil stemme Rødt, men hva er poenget om de ikke kan komme i regjering?

Det var ein diskusjon om SV og raudt bør slå seg saman her i Oslo på ein eller annan bar på Grønland for ei stund sia. Eg fekk ikkje til å fara dit, men det var visst kjåka fullt. Eg trur dessverre ikkje det er nokon sjanse for det men det hadde gitt meg ereksjon.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Biomute posted:

Eller kanskje man burde innse at folk ikke er så interessert i verken SV eller Rødt.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Eller kanskje man burde innse at folk ikke er så interessert i verken SV eller Rødt.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Was this Op-Ed published anywhere in Sweden? https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-is-right-swedens-embrace-of-refugees-isnt-working-1487807010

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Please dont post nazi-literature

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

om rødt og SV slo seg sammen ville det sporenstreks dannes minst ett utbryterparti

den ideologiske avstanden internt i begge partier er enorm som det er, det ville ikke vært noen stabil konstellasjon

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

If being torn to pieces and derided can count as being published, then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

MiddleOne posted:

If being torn to pieces and derided can count as being published, then yes.

:thumbsup:

I just wanted to read the "wisdom" Åkesson had to share with the American People. Glad it has been largely derided.