Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Sakurazuka posted:

The original game is pretty bad too I just have a lot of nostalgia for old Amiga Psygnosis stuff. Good soundtrack though.

Lots of Sega Genesis games were Amiga/PC ports. I've never even played Shadow of the Beast but there are so many great Amiga ports on Genesis that I hold a bias on anything Amiga related.

(I've only heard good thing about Shadow of the Beast, but if you play some of the Amiga genesis games like Mega Turrican, Fatal Rewind, or Gods it all makes sense. They are revered for a good reason. The music is beyond and above Super Nintendo's caliber.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

That cover art is real shite.
I wonder if they removed blood and (007 intro style) nudity from the game as well, or just the cover?

It's usually the other way around for Japanese/NA localizations, so that would be weird.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shadow of the Beast was one of the original 'graphics over gameplay' games and the demo stands with it set up on them probably sold the vast majority of Amigas at the time, but only because it was a rolling demo and you couldn't actually play it.
The game itself is one of the most infuriatingly difficult games ever made and that's even before you take into account that there are multiple ways of loving yourself into an unwinnable position. And then they made the sequel even harder and more obtuse.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

poptart_fairy posted:

PSN store and the PS+ page have been stuck on "please wait..." for two weeks and I'm getting pissed off. No error reports, and it persists no matter what.

Use the website, it's the better way.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I wish I could play Alundra on PS4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy lol Berserk Musou really is called Berserk and the Band of the Hawk in English. What were their meetings like where they decided that title?
My best guess is they had it as Berserk: The Band of the Hawk and some marketing exec was like 'hey-uhhh booboo, that title sounds kinda lame, maybe we can uh, make it have more pizazz? Disrupt."

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I always wanted to get into that game after watching this trailer a million times. I finally bought a copy for my PS3 years later and never made it out of the opening village. I guess I just fell out of rpgs super hard for a decade and a half

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean it's not really an RPG unless you call Zelda one too.
Which I guess people do.
Crazy people.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

PSN store and the PS+ page have been stuck on "please wait..." for two weeks and I'm getting pissed off. No error reports, and it persists no matter what.

For the last month if I go to anything in my library and press X on it, I get a never-ending Please Wait screen.

If it's installed, I can press Options on it and hit Start Application and it's all good.
If it's not installed, I can use the PSN store (which works maybe 75% of the time for me, unless I've played a game since turning the PS4 on in which case lol better reboot!) and their horrible search feature to find it and reinstall it.

The desktop website gives me a HTTP 500 error when I try to log in, but the mobile site works (though it's absurdly slow).

I have no idea what the gently caress anymore.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah man I listened to that album nonstop in high school.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean it's not really an RPG unless you call Zelda one too.
Which I guess people do.
Crazy people.

I do.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sunning posted:

GTA Online has made over $500 million in revenue. It's great for Take2 to have an ongoing service since the tend to lose money whenever they don't have a GTA or Red Dead game out for the year.

I expect a lot of upcoming games to experiment with MMO-lite features. FFXV will have an online avatar system patched in the future.

Just for clarification, I believe the $500 million was from sales of shark cards ALONE. That number was released almost a year ago.

Remember this game is consistently topping the sales charts too. I wouldn't be surprised if the total revenue (not profits) from ALL of GTA V (including last gen) surpassed 1 billion by now.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
The game sold 70 million copies. I expect that it's a lot more than a billion by now.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Hey! That's how I feel too!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I always wanted to get into that game after watching this trailer a million times. I finally bought a copy for my PS3 years later and never made it out of the opening village. I guess I just fell out of rpgs super hard for a decade and a half

Its my favourite Zelda Game. You should give it a try again if you can, maybe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWgLMH8yRU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I want Mass Effect to be good, 2 was my fav game when it was new, but nothing about it makes me go "oh that looks cool." :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I watched the gameplay trailer and thought it looked pretty cool

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Touche

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I watched the gameplay trailer and thought it looked pretty cool

I like the jetpack, that's cool.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In Japan a HD remaster of Star Ocean 3 for the PS4 was just announced. Uh...thanks, I think? It's better than 5 anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least it's not 4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's not 4 but it's also still Star Ocean. The bar is incredibly low here either way.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Which Star Ocean was the one where I felt like I was being put on a government watchlist just by clicking on a youtube clip of it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

Which Star Ocean was the one where I felt like I was being put on a government watchlist just by clicking on a youtube clip of it.
Definitely 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

Pro click if you would like to be put on a government watchlist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'd like to say that that scene was less creepy and awkward in the original language but it would be a lie.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

exquisite tea posted:

The PSP version of 2 had anime character portraits during all dialogue that looked like they were all 12. It really put me off of playing it since they're all supposed to be around 18 and have romance subplots and stuff. It might bother me more since I played the PSX version at launch and it didn't have portrait popups. I don't remember anything too crazy in 3 and didn't play 5 so it must have been 4..

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

Pro click if you would like to be put on a government watchlist.

:catstare:

Japan was a mistake

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Ineffiable posted:

Just for clarification, I believe the $500 million was from sales of shark cards ALONE. That number was released almost a year ago.

Remember this game is consistently topping the sales charts too. I wouldn't be surprised if the total revenue (not profits) from ALL of GTA V (including last gen) surpassed 1 billion by now.

According to page 4 of the Benzies lawsuit, GTA5 had accumulated $3 billion in sales at that time (April 2016). That's more than the entirety of Ubisoft's sales for the last two years combined.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Has anyone figured out any good ways to get PSN to accept your credit card? Normally I'd just buy prepaid cards, but I got a special Playstation credit card to get more reward points, so I'd like to be able to use it.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think I was able to add it through the PSN site.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
SO5 kinda went the opposite direction and there are no memorable character interactions at all, either for good or bad.

edit: other than what you make for yourself due to the ability to change your main character's pose during talky scenes.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 22, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:catstare:

Japan was a mistake
98% of japanese people would think that scene was weird, also

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

SO5 kinda went the opposite direction and there are no memorable character interactions at all, either for good or bad.

I remember the TNG season 1 style cutscenes where people stood around the bridge going 'oh what a big battle outside'.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

98% of japanese people would think that scene was weird, also

Don't you know entire countries are to blame for everything anyone within them produces

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

I remember the TNG season 1 style cutscenes where people stood around the bridge going 'oh what a big battle outside'.
Yeah that was really something. Clearly 5's budget was just brutally cut off at some point and they decided to go with an old scifi standby to save money.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't you know entire countries are to blame for everything anyone within them produces
frankly id rather that scene than most of the weird poo poo in game of thrones or whatever

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

veni veni veni posted:

Nioh is just as hard as Bloodborne and bloodborne is a much better game. Not that Nioh is bad, Bloodborne is just the best.

The first act of Nioh is harder than Bloodborne, but then after that Bloodborne definitely has the difficulty edge. Basically after Hino-Emma they forget how to make challenging bosses with only a handful of exceptions that are mostly limited to the Samurai duels. There were only 3 spots that took me more than about 5 tries to beat the first time, the first being the above mentioned boss, the second being the Ii duel, and the third being the room before the boss in the epilogue.

That being said, there are some really really nice quality of life improvements for Nioh that I wish could be backported into the souls games. Namely being able to go back and refight bosses without being in NG+. Also not being stuck in NG+ mode, you can switch difficulties between missions pretty much any time you want once you unlock it. There are also some changes going from Bloodborne to Nioh that I wish would die in a fire (mostly involving farming blacksmith plans and the random nature of the loot, I had to duel Ii like 175 times before I got his spear blacksmith pattern for the set bonus :smithicide:) but all in all both are solid games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

frankly id rather that scene than most of the weird poo poo in game of thrones or whatever

True. The book version, one of the main characters is a teenage girl having sex with her adult brother.