Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
and frobin cant be better than mrobin, because she gives birth to the inferior mmorgan from her toxic womb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
she also gave birth to Lucina who is cool and good.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Tired Moritz posted:

i do not like this implication that frobin would cheat on henry

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

Well, I meant more in terms of "how many more sword users will this let him kill?"

Because of lancebreaker? All of them.

I faced a 4 sword team and in 2 turns Abel killed all of them solo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'll be happy with this 4200 arena score I got. hosed up in the last match by losing two guys.

This is the best I can do with this lovely 3* Narcian on my team. Him not being able kill a robin in a single turn, even with an attack buff, really made things difficult.

Edit: Also gently caress the Azura/Linde/Takumi/Ryoma team that guy had

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 22, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Clarste posted:

And maybe Julia is good? I dunno.

Either way, I think we're really lacking in good Red mages. Tharja is considered a second-rate Nino for reasons that honestly aren't very clear to me, Lilina seems generally underwhelming, and the rest of them aren't even worth talking about. Blue obviously has Linde and the other Robin.

Eh, I've got Leo and he has his uses. Quick riposte for example makes it hilarious to bait archers or green mages, so long as you have a good healer. Anyway, I'm looking forward to FRobin because it means I can get someone who's probably a decent green mage without having to rely on pulls.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 22, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm happy we're not flooded with mages because it means my friend Hector continues to have less counters.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
More mages means more lambs for the Felicia meatgrinder.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm happy we're not flooded with mages because it means my friend Hector continues to have less counters.

Hector is my friend too, hes a guarantee ohko

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I wish the game had an icon for when new special maps were available

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I calculated my Narcian and apparently he had three lows? wtf

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Team advice? Nino's really fun to use, so I'd like to base the team around her if possible. I play pretty casually, so I don't expect to be able to promote anyone else to 5, but then I don't care about the extra arena ranks that would bring unless a character's usability hinges on it.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 22, 2017

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm just waiting for garbage extra point characters to rotate out of arena.

It's frustrating because I want to do well in arena but I also don't want to pay my hard earned orbs on a bad banner.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Lilina is actually pretty good if you have a team to stall or kite with. She has the highest attack of any mages and has an absurd AoE to back it up. She can commonly wipe out the whole map on her own when given the chance. The problem is she doesn't benefit from buffs like Nino and Tharja and her speed is terrible.

I'm looking forward to RobinF because I haven't pulled any good mages and I'm interested to see what she's really like. She's also much cooler than RobinM in Awakening.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Team advice? Nino's really fun to use, so I'd like to base the team around her if possible. I play pretty casually, so I don't expect to be able to promote anyone else to 5, but then I don't care about the extra arena ranks that would bring unless a character's usability hinges on it.

Nino synergizes with pretty much any buffer, so you'll want Sharena on your team. You should keep Olivia on there too because dancer, even if her passive buff overlaps with Sharena's rally.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm just waiting for garbage extra point characters to rotate out of arena.

It's frustrating because I want to do well in arena but I also don't want to pay my hard earned orbs on a bad banner.

Doing well in the arena will always be about spending money on the newest, shiniest stuff.

If you think the is banner is bad you should see the next one!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

sassassin posted:

Doing well in the arena will always be about spending money on the newest, shiniest stuff.

If you think the is banner is bad you should see the next one!

Well then it's a good thing the Switch is out in a week because I'm not playing this on the train much longer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You can get a score good enough to be in the top 100k pretty easily using the free 3* Narcian from the event.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Robin is cool but I worry that she'll just be straight up inferior to Julia and I'll end up never using her.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Well then it's a good thing the Switch is out in a week because I'm not playing this on the train much longer.

Huh, it's usually whales that blubber

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

sassassin posted:

Huh, it's usually whales that blubber

No, whales pay shittonnes of money on mobile games.

I pay shittonnes of money on mobile gaming.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I got a nice five summon recently, finally breaking the bad streak. Got Julia, Catria, Eirika, all fives. I had to know what the others were after that. A Tiki and a Hinata. Now I dunno if Tiki is any good, but I like her and I've wanted one of the dragon people on this for a while.

Anyway, I can do a full team of fives now with the Sakura I got a while ago. Also I didn't really have anyone amazing for tomes or swords, so that's a nice change. Those new quests popped up at a very nice time.

Also I was at a loss of what to do before my nice summon so I ended up getting Sharena and Anna and Alphonse to four star just because.

e: also also i hope they come up with something extra for SP because Sakura has like 600 and learned all her skills ages ago

e2: oh, something I meant to ask, is there a list or something of which story maps are good for training certain characters? Like that hard launch celebration is just axe enemies so good for swordpeople and such?

McDragon fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 22, 2017

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I really want a healer and I keep missing Lissa. With the current gatcha, what are my chances of rolling a healer? Chances of rolling a good healer?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

FAT BATMAN posted:

I really want a healer and I keep missing Lissa. With the current gatcha, what are my chances of rolling a healer? Chances of rolling a good healer?

Your chances of rolling a healer is pretty high if you went exclusively grey. I'd consider it a waste though since Lissa will roll back around and you could grab Wrys as well in the meantime.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FAT BATMAN posted:

I would strongly suggest not spending orbs on gray until we get a banner with a feature gray 5*.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Woo, decided to do another pull and got an Eirika!

Brings me up to three 5*s... all sword lords. God drat it.

I'm coming up on 20k feathers pretty soon. What do you guys think of a team with 5* Eirika and Sharena for Arena? They're pretty complimentary, since they can buff each others' ATK, and Sharena pulses -ATK/+DEF while Eirika pulses +SPD. Pull Back is pretty slick too. The only other real 4* > 5* option for me would be Kagero.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Sharena and Kagero are both great candidates for 5*

If I had a Kagero I'd probably buff her first since I have Linde taking care of reds.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heaven Spacey posted:

Brings me up to three 5*s... all sword lords. God drat it.

Don't pull reds anymore, unless you're okay with more sword lords

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Clawtopsy posted:

and frobin cant be better than mrobin, because she gives birth to the inferior mmorgan from her toxic womb

Tired Moritz posted:

Too bad that getting Lucina as your child screws over your default kid as that takes away his best marriage option. Though of course, it does give you the best Lucina (since any kid that Robin mothers/fathers will be the best possible version of that kid) so that could or could not be worth it.

Still, I think mrobin kinda has the better raw end of the marriage deal when it comes to either first or second gen characters in Awakening.

That said, I expect frobin in Heroes to be much the same as mrobin in terms of stats and abilities, just being of the green color instead of the blue color which should be good if any shifts in the meta game happens (+ I think that would still make her a better Grónnraven user, assuming she gets that tome, than Cecilia).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
getting married matters in gen 2?

Also, I just played a beginner arena match and got to fight against two level 40 Takumi. Yeah, this is dumb.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

So I finally got my 20k feathers and I can't decide who to upgrade. It's either going to be Anna, Cordelia, Nowi, Or Sharena. Who should I go with, or is there another out of those eligible that would be better?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

So I finally got my 20k feathers and I can't decide who to upgrade. It's either going to be Anna, Cordelia, Nowi, Or Sharena. Who should I go with, or is there another out of those eligible that would be better?

You already have 7 really good 5*. At this point, just pick whoever you like best. If you want to shoot for top 5k arena scores, go with Nowi since she increases your score the most out of those options.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I am now 9 summons in without a single green. I still have Minerva, but god drat game.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Trihugger posted:

You already have 7 really good 5*. At this point, just pick whoever you like best. If you want to shoot for top 5k arena scores, go with Nowi since she increases your score the most out of those options.

Thanks, I think I'll go with Cordelia so I can play around with Galeforce a little bit. Don't care so much about the arena right now.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
A perfect arena run ruined by another goddamn double Robin, double Takumi. A single Hector or Celicia 1v4s but my team has zero answers for it. I could have got 4500+ points.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I assume it's safe to go up to Columned Castle in terms of upgrading? The next one's at 5 orbs and I could summon with those orbs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

widespread posted:

So I assume it's safe to go up to Columned Castle in terms of upgrading? The next one's at 5 orbs and I could summon with those orbs.

You should upgrade the castle to max as soon as you're happy with your team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

You should upgrade the castle to max as soon as you're happy with your team

I did it after my first 5* pull while i was still flooded with orbs and am glad. Yeah i couldve done 2 more pulls, but id rather grind out orbs for pulls than something esoteric that doesnt feel like much of a reward on its own.