Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Ape Fist posted:

I still think Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest video game ever made and I'm pretty sure the remake is going to be a loving disgrace.

Meatwolfe posted:

Agreed completely. The resulting Internet meltdowns after the remake gets released will be entertaining as hell though.

interesting, so what's the deal here? I haven't been following the details on the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Aerith dies

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Homestar Runner posted:

interesting, so what's the deal here? I haven't been following the details on the remake.

The more I'm seeing of the remake, the more I'm wondering just how much of ff7's goofy poo poo will be axed in the name of not clashing with this new gritty-stylized tone

OG ff7's tone already takes a massive 180 once you leave kalm in comparison to midgar as it is

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I liked games that used hot-seat multi-player. Example: Scorched Earth.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Haier posted:

I liked games that used hot-seat multi-player. Example: Scorched Earth.

That game was loving awesome and also how I got my first computer virus

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
fart in the chair to win

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Starting with a pistol and finding weapons on the map is objectively worse than loadout systems that reward people with the most free time to stink into the game

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
FF7 isn't great anyway, but if there was a good part it was only Midgar

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

goodgame is actually bad

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

voice acted bugenhaigen telling me about mako or some poo poo in a 30 minute cutscene

honey bee inn turned into a fight club with fighting

ff7 remake~

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Battletoads was always terrible. Just a succession of underdeveloped minigames

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

2house2fly posted:

The Witcher 3 is not very good.

Edit: Metal Gear Solid V is very good. I think both of those might be unpopular.

Agreed on both counts.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It doesn't matter if a game doesn't run at 60 fps

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Ceyton posted:

goodgame is actually bad

And yet badgame is not good...

shut up blegum posted:

A stable framerate matters more than a high framerate imo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The original flatout was better than flatout 2.
Stardew valley gets boring very quickly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The fact that there is no modern high-quality pc fishing simulator and hasn't been for like a decade (the last one I remember is trophy bass 4) is terrible. I feel like the only one out there that has been waiting for one. I mean, we have how many forklift and truck driving simulators, and nobody has thought of making a fishing game with good graphics and realism?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The fact that there is no modern high-quality pc fishing simulator and hasn't been for like a decade (the last one I remember is trophy bass 4) is terrible. I feel like the only one out there that has been waiting for one. I mean, we have how many forklift and truck driving simulators, and nobody has thought of making a fishing game with good graphics and realism?

k I'll bite (:smuggo:) but maybe it's because fishing is an experience defined by the resistance of force used by the fish (when it isn't being defined by literal hours of unbroken peace and quiet) and as a result, it's probably hitting an uncanny valley-area where the more realistic the fish look and sound on the real-ish looking water, the more obvious the controller in your hand will be come, which isn't fun. There isn't a realistic resistance, just managing a couple of clunky meters while wiggling your stick in the right way, so even a high quality HD PS4 fishing game would probably be poorly received now.

But I also think means that a VR fishing simulator is probably RIGHT around the corner, if not already in heavy development//totally done.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Yeah I can see that I guess. I just had a lot of fun back with Trophy Bass 2 and games like bassmasters classic on SNES and think I'd still enjoy a game in that style with online tournaments etc just with better graphics. Of course it won't be like real fishing but I'm sure forklift simulator isn't much like working with a real forklift either.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Unpopular Video Game Opinion: This is the 2nd time I'm bringing up this franchise but it is completely baffling to me that in 2017 so many games get voice acting so very, very wrong when the Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain games just knock it the gently caress out of the park and these are 15-20 year old games.

~Each of the three main dudes (Kain, Raziel, The Olde One) have very unique voices that really cut through the jibba-jabba of townsfolk and vampire hunters

~They are all real stage/small-screen actors, but can't have been that expensive.

~The batshit insane storyline and scene-chewing characterization work because all the actors just 100% show up to every single scene and every line is just a haymaker "I am A VAMPIRE" "Your SOUL, Raziel!" CHILLING!

Fun Fact: The publisher sent Michael Bell a playstation and a copy of Soul Reaver when it came out, but he couldn't beat the tutorial after like 3 days due to being an old man with lovely reflexes and not understanding the concept of gliding in the game "How do I jump twice?" and gave it to his granddaughter, who LP'd it for him.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't like Bioshock 1 or 2 and regret buying them, the gameplay is clunky as hell and they have all sorts of weird technical issues on modern systems

shut up blegum posted:

agreed, 60 fps is basically unplayable. 80 is the bare minimum

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Psychonauts is one of the best 3D platformers of all time and The Meat Circus owns.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

2house2fly posted:

A stable framerate matters more than a high framerate imo

Yup. Nothing is more frustrating than fluctuating from 60 to 45 back to 60. I'd rather have 45fps all the time.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

max payne 3 is better than 2

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Running around and insta-killing people with a knife is more fun than playing modern shooters the way they want you to.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

StabMasterArson posted:

max payne 3 is better than 2

seriously, I don't get why some people hate the 3rd one its a masterpiece.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Eating a mushroom to grow big is stupid & has no basis in reality

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wouldnt a "realistic fishing simulator" involve sitting around stating at screen filled with water for hours on end, with nothing happening?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Rutibex posted:

wouldnt a "realistic fishing simulator" involve sitting around stating at screen filled with water for hours on end, with nothing happening?

While getting drunk, yes. So basically what I do most days anyway except I'd occasionally catch a simulated fish.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Link's Awakening was the best zelda game.

Also top down 2-D zelda > 3d zelda games.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Wave Race 64 is the greatest game featuring water.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The only good Zelda game was Zelda 2.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
The death of the space flight sim genre is a tragedy. X-Wing and Descent: Freespace were kicking rad and we need more of that in our lives.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

bag em and tag em posted:

The death of the space flight sim genre is a tragedy. X-Wing and Descent: Freespace were kicking rad and we need more of that in our lives.

I have good news for you friend: http://store.steampowered.com/app/283160/

It's even developed by a goon.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It's even developed by a goon.

Is that supposed to make it sound more enticing to play

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

bag em and tag em posted:

X Wing is way too artificially hard in parts and has not aged well. TIE Fighter is just as good as the day it was released, though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is that supposed to make it sound more enticing to play

I thought about that after I posted it and I still don't know the answer.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

new phone who dis posted:

Running around and insta-killing people with a knife is more fun than playing modern shooters the way they want you to.

Fact.

The bayonet charge tech in the new battlefield game is the single greatest addition to fps gameplay since quake 2

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

i haven't finished either of the first two fallouts

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Eating a mushroom to grow big is stupid & has no basis in reality

you have only done really really lovely mushrooms huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit