Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Braun?
This poll is closed.
Owns 4 2.15%
Really Owns 5 2.69%
BRAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!! 57 30.65%
120 64.52%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

My boy Big Luke was robbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

My boy Big Luke was robbed

That Royal Rumble was 26 years ago, man. Let it go.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

Holy poo poo they were on loving fire tonight. If they keep it up, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they end up organically turning face again somewhere down the road.

And then slowly losing everything that made them interesting as heels and adopting some line that gets a pop one time as a shite catchphrase and we all decide the Usos were always bad?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Screamin' Jey Uso is something i could get super behind

i refuse to look up if i got the right uso because it'd ruin the pun

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thanks mate.

Blaise330 posted:

Pretty easy to believe noone played as The Godfather for 4 months to notice this sooner.

its new dlc

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KungFu Grip posted:

Thanks mate.

its new dlc

Ha, didn't even realize that was you, someone else retweeted it on my feed. Nice find. When I first saw the tweet, before I listened to it, I thought maybe it was a minor flub that they left in for realism sake since announcers do screw up sometimes. Cracked me up when I listened to it and it was a full on "ok, redo, ready and go" thing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Cena is so embarrassed.

You would be too if you clearly woke up at your bosses house and had to wear one of his suits to visit the in-laws.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
AJ on Talking Smack was hilarious. I loved him trying to make Daniel Bryan mad by saying Miz's kicks hurt and DB accusing him of being a flat earther and AJ just rolling with it.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

shiksa posted:

Screamin' Jey Uso is something i could get super behind

i refuse to look up if i got the right uso because it'd ruin the pun
:agreed:

SmackDown was good, but that screwy ending made me mad at wrasslin'. I still can't wait to watch next week's show, which is still really weird to say about a WWE show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope Harper wins and he and Bray have a dirty bum fight at Wrestlemania. Orton can be there too, I guess.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm still hoping Owens beats Goldberg by some fuckery (or gets DQ'd) and then we get an Orton/Owens match.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

KungFu Grip posted:

its new dlc

That legitimately makes it worse, they can't even blame rushing for the deadline.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJnjzcO9UI&t=155s

they just cut out the blatant second where harper's still on the apron :lol:

Well CM Punk's rear end is now the 2nd dumbest thing I've seen on WWE's youtube. This might be worse than the twitter post. I like how they'd be in a 100x better spot if they just did literally nothing. It's like when you want to cover up a lie so you just keep talking and talking instead of just doing a shoulder shrug and moving on.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Well CM Punk's rear end is now the 2nd dumbest thing I've seen on WWE's youtube. This might be worse than the twitter post. I like how they'd be in a 100x better spot if they just did literally nothing. It's like when you want to cover up a lie so you just keep talking and talking instead of just doing a shoulder shrug and moving on.

lmao at thinking an edited botched ending to a match is worse than a 4 minute video zooming in on cm punk's rear end

Smackdown was really good as usual and I am HYPE to see it live next week!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alexa Bliss is cool and good

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Miz is awesome

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Smackdown is so good.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

The Usos are so cool.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

DoctorGonzo posted:

Alexa Bliss is cool and good

Alexa Bliss was literally the best part about Smackdown last night and is one of the top 5 most entertaining members of that roster. She might be my favorite female wrestler even including Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, etc. She's so awesome.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Usos promo was so drat good. With the latest tweak to their characters and, apparently, working without a script they sound unlike any other team and it rules. Really hoping they can keep it up.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Alexa Bliss was literally the best part about Smackdown last night and is one of the top 5 most entertaining members of that roster. She might be my favorite female wrestler even including Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka, etc. She's so awesome.
She got incredible heat from the crowd. I mean, I get it, she's great, but why was the crowd so hot yesterday? Does Ontario not get events often?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Revenant Threshold posted:

She got incredible heat from the crowd. I mean, I get it, she's great, but why was the crowd so hot yesterday? Does Ontario not get events often?

I mean the segment was basically designed to get that kind of heat with Naomi giving up the title right before it. The crowd would have been hot everywhere outside of Corpus Christie.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Revenant Threshold posted:

Because the show is booked wonderfully.

There's a lot of crowds that could be hot if Raw gave them any reason to care. Raw has no understanding of an audience. Raw has an extra hour of show and yet I would still guarantee if that promo last night was on Raw, Alexa would've interrupted it 5 minutes sooner and nobody would've given a poo poo because nothing about Naomi's part would've been allowed to resonate.

It also helps when you have an authority figure who isn't a legit narcissist worried only about how she comes off in the segment.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 22, 2017

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Thanks mate.

its new dlc

Kotaku posted an article with your tweet

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Because the show is booked wonderfully.

There's a lot of crowds that could be hot if Raw gave them any reason to care. Raw has no understanding of an audience. Raw has an extra hour of show and yet I would still guarantee if that promo last night was on Raw, Alexa would've interrupted it 5 minutes sooner and nobody would've given a poo poo because nothing about Naomi's part would've been allowed to resonate.

It also helps when you have an authority figure who isn't a legit narcissist worried only about how she comes off in the segment.

I haven't been watching Smackdown as much because I've been busier on Tuesdays this semester, and last night was the first time in a while I'd been able to watch. Made me realize that Raw should definitely be 2 hours. The battle royale ended and I felt like I wished there was more to watch, which is how a TV show should make you feel. After watching 3 hours of Raw I'm like "well, that was Raw I guess I'll come back next week because I have nothing better to do on Mondays."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

Smackdown was really good as usual and I am HYPE to see it live next week!

:yeah:

We get to see AJ Styles vs Lou Carper live and I am nearing Mojo levels of hype

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

Kotaku posted an article with your tweet

I saw it too when looking for fresh news on the video games I like to play and lists of Marios.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Professor Funk posted:

I mean the segment was basically designed to get that kind of heat with Naomi giving up the title right before it. The crowd would have been hot everywhere outside of Corpus Christie.

This is my favorite thing that is a "thing". It also seems to have made my mind exaggerate how often they're there. Like, every other week some show or another is in Corpus and every time I'm like "why?". It's just such an random non-major city to have this reputation of 'bad wrestling crowds'; do they have any competition in this regard?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Charlotte could learn a lot from Alexa Bliss on how to properly work the mic as a heel

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I saw it too when looking for fresh news on the video games I like to play and lists of Marios.

I have no shame.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FakePoet posted:

This is my favorite thing that is a "thing". It also seems to have made my mind exaggerate how often they're there. Like, every other week some show or another is in Corpus and every time I'm like "why?". It's just such an random non-major city to have this reputation of 'bad wrestling crowds'; do they have any competition in this regard?

Kansas City I recall being pretty tepid. People say Pittsburgh crowds are bad too but I don't remember anything specific.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Miz loving rules and is a heel who loves and supports his wife unconditionally instead of browbeating or belittling her like most other heels. Very happy he's getting a marquee match at Wrestlemania after how great he's been since the brand split.

SD Live is very well booked and finds a way to advance sub-storylines even in a busy battle royal. All 2 hours are used effectively and it's fun to watch.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Tato posted:

The Miz loving rules and is a heel who loves and supports his wife unconditionally instead of browbeating or belittling her like most other heels. Very happy he's getting a marquee match at Wrestlemania after how great he's been since the brand split.

A midcard no-stakes match is not a "marquee match"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bradzilla posted:

It's against John Cena, it's a marquee match.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i hope after wrestlemania the miz starts taking credit for ending nikki bella's career

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Did they only discover that Naomi was hurt enough to give up her title earlier on Tuesday? Because if they knew they were going to do a "Women's Champion is asked to give up her title" segment on Smackdown, why would they have done pretty much the same segment with Bayley the day before?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

bradzilla posted:

lol. It's against John Cena. It's a marquee match and matters a million times more than the SD Title match or half the other matches on the card

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

jesus christ the usos cut one loving promo you guys

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They've been good forever.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Efexeye posted:

It was a really good promo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Efexeye posted:

Name one other tag team in the last six months that a cut a promo with that much fire.

• Locked thread