Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Leper Residue posted:

I don't know where the thread went but guess what

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Dungeon-Meshi/Ch-031--Dryad?id=346829

There's a new dungeon meshi, it's pretty great.

Oh man, Laius is gonna take a dip in Wizard!!

I'm getting a little bit worried about Marcille. She's had these kind of dark circles under her eyes ever since she started using Ancient/Forbidden Magic. I hope she'll be okay. :ohdear: Also, Senshi giving Chilchack "the Talk" was the best darn thing. Haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's good to see Senshi get a little characterization. He's only ever been "that weird cook guy they met and started traveling with for no good reason" before.

Plus, his eyes. His eyes.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mirage posted:

It's good to see Senshi get a little characterization. He's only ever been "that weird cook guy they met and started traveling with for no good reason" before.

Plus, his eyes. His eyes.

Well, ostensibly, they started traveling with him because he'd been to the lower levels before and could find edible food for them so they could save on equipment costs. As they traveled, he became their party member, and their friend. :3:

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
That was a great chapter. Poor Marcille, she's just given up and accepts Laius's eat everything attitude.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

DrSunshine posted:

Oh man, Laius is gonna take a dip in Wizard!!

Nah, healing and protective spells. Our boy is going Paladin!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

AgentHaiTo posted:

That was a great chapter. Poor Marcille, she's just given up and accepts Laius's eat everything attitude.

Acceptance

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 30, 2023

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
A translated artist log from Ryuko Kui including some Dungeon Meshi art notes.

Farlyn wearing Laius' armor is adorable and it looks like she has a lot more planned for the series, so we'll be getting more Dungeon Meshi yet!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Every time I see a monster person, I think "Oh god Laius is going to eat you."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Farlyn wearing Laius' armor is adorable and it looks like she has a lot more planned for the series, so we'll be getting more Dungeon Meshi yet!

It's incredible and amazing how creative and talented Kui Ryoko is.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Mighty Dicktron posted:

:siren: SPOILERS :siren:

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
Dungeon Meshi is good and pure. Also I get the distinct impression from reading that Marcille might have a crush on Farlyn.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

It wasn't until now that I realized Senshi's shirt is basically just a burlap sack. Without the beard, it is not a good look.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

It wasn't until now that I realized Senshi's shirt is basically just a burlap sack. Without the beard, it is not a good look.

Meanwhile, Senshi wearing something that isn't a burlap sack and with his hair and beard tidied actually looks pretty good. Too bad it would render him vulnerable to hostile enchantments if he actually cleaned up.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Misandry Cannon posted:

Dungeon Meshi is good and pure. Also I get the distinct impression from reading that Marcille might have a crush on Farlyn.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikl posted:

Glad I'm not the only one.

I honestly assumed everyone saw it but didn't want to feel weird bringing it up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new World Customize Creator chapter out.

If you've not read it yet, it's one of my favorite "fantasy world/game-something" type of manga, except instead of it being some VR thing(that we know of), dude gets transported to a fantasy world that is kinda Avatar The Last Airbender-ey in terms of magic powers, and that's all well and good, except he's got access to console commands. So, like, in order to stop some dudes from fighting, he spawns a massive super high and thick brick wall between the two forces, or spawns a tower that...towers over a castle so he can get a good look at things. Or spawns incredibly powerful magical items. It's pretty laid-back most of the time, though occasionally reminds you that yes, there's some serious prejudice between factions and benders/normal humans, and also the magical powers are dangerous.

I like that despite the MC being INSANELY powerful, on the level of a godlike being thanks to his access to the console commands, he still just mostly chills out and does silly things like make a go-cart for a princess, or sleeping bags.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 22, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
^^^ Oh man I was hoping he had to use an actual console. There's like 50 ways you can gently caress up with those. But nope he just gets dev tools.

Also I think we're running out of gimmicks for the "Trapped in fantasy world with game mechanic X" formula. My bet is the next one has the power to adjust the audio balance.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

^^^ Oh man I was hoping he had to use an actual console. There's like 50 ways you can gently caress up with those. But nope he just gets dev tools.

Also I think we're running out of gimmicks for the "Trapped in fantasy world with game mechanic X" formula. My bet is the next one has the power to adjust the audio balance.

The first action of the next protagonist in a 'trapped in a fantasy world' series is to rename the first person he meets 'grandpa piss' and then clip through the floor.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Maybe the next trapped in a game world is just the protagonist trying to figure out how to wrong warp to the credits multiple times.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
"Toyota Suzuki is an average otaku highschool student with no particular talents or notable qualities, when one day he's magically transported into his favorite video game! Now he must defend his fated 2D waifu from the forces of evil using his newfound power: setting the difficulty slider really low."

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pavlov posted:

"Toyota Suzuki is an average otaku highschool student with no particular talents or notable qualities, when one day he's magically transported into his favorite video game! Now he must defend his fated 2D waifu from the forces of evil using his newfound power: setting the difficulty slider really low."

When his amazing abilities prove unable to save his devoted waifu, Toyota Suzuki must take extreme measures to protect what's his...but will bitching to the developers until his opponents are nerfed be enough?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Massively rich ojousama gets transported into a freemium game, with plenty of pay2win items available.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

nielsm posted:

Massively rich ojousama gets transported into a freemium game, with plenty of pay2win items available.

Wasn't that a character in Netoge?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Pavlov posted:

Wasn't that a character in Netoge?

Yes but that's not isekai.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that describes ainz, except he actually has the combined purchases of a whole guild of whales.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

nielsm posted:

Yes but that's not isekai.

gently caress. I forgot this was so common it actually had its own genre name.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Another Monster Tidbits sub-chapter from Dungeon Meshi.
In which Laius's fantastic impression of a dog may become useful.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
gently caress Dungeon Meshi is so good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
worgs are the cruelest creatures ever devised. here are the softest smartest dogs in the world, but they hate you and will never let you pet them.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
These two panels are very good.

First we have a Worg waving bye-bye (Lauis x Orcmouto is gonna happen people!) and then we get a peek into Senshi's mind.

And yes, Worgs as giant cuddly mastiffs is OK with me.

large oblate cat
Jul 7, 2009

A friend recommended this to me after he discovered it from a certain image macro and holy poo poo this is so good and needs more attention. The level of detail she, the mangaka, put into the characters and world is staggering, like that artist log shows. The best part is how the plot has grown organically out of those details.

7c Nickel posted:

These two panels are very good.

First we have a Worg waving bye-bye (Lauis x Orcmouto is gonna happen people!) and then we get a peek into Senshi's mind.

And yes, Worgs as giant cuddly mastiffs is OK with me.

:kimchi: I never liked porcine orcs but these orcs are pretty awesome. I hope they come back demanding repayment for all the food the party stole.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

PSA for all the Italians in this thread (if there are any besides me): Dungeon Meshi volume one is out, published by Edizioni J-POP under the title "Dungeon Food".

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

large oblate cat posted:

:kimchi: I never liked porcine orcs but these orcs are pretty awesome.

Could be worse. Tolkien originally wrote that orcs were supposed to look like particularly ugly mongolians.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mikl posted:

PSA for all the Italians in this thread (if there are any besides me): Dungeon Meshi volume one is out, published by Edizioni J-POP under the title "Dungeon Food".

That is the direct translation of the title btw

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The first volume comes out in America in May under the title Delicious in Dungeon because Yen Press is lazy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Delicious Dungeon
Dungeon Food
Dungeon Dining
Dungeons & Dining
Dungeons & Delicacies
Beat Bobby Flay

Could've used any of these titles, Yen. Literally any of them.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Delicious Dungeon
Dungeon Food
Dungeon Dining
Dungeons & Dining
Dungeons & Delicacies
Beat Bobby Flay

Could've used any of these titles, Yen. Literally any of them.

Still think Dinners & Dragon is the best choice.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mikl posted:

Still think Dinners & Dragon is the best choice.

Only if we have fantasy Guy Fieri show up for a chapter to comment on the taste of Dire Boar ribs.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dinners, Dragons & Delves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Wouldn't they run into annoying legal issues with Dungeons & Dining?