Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The biggest question now is if he shot the dog in the framework.

:staredog::legion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Already explained. Each Daisy would meet with an Inhuman and execute them immediately. Since there are multiples it should all happen around the same time - no time given for an Inhuman to warn someone else.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OB_Juan posted:

It is a testament to this episode that I almost forgot that happened. How long was that episode?

Just an hour, but man it felt otherwise. By the Daisy army I was "it's not over yet?" (in a good way) and that was just 20 minutes in.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I hope the army of DaisyBots keep turning up in the remaining episodes as the mooks in pursuit of the B-team on the Zephyr.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slashrat posted:

I hope the army of DaisyBots keep turning up in the remaining episodes as the mooks in pursuit of the B-team on the Zephyr.

And they slowly start developing individual personalities, like the clone troopers in Star Wars.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Was Radcliff straight up killed or is he now trapped in the Matrix?

I guess there are minor somewhat spoilers for mentioning this(for the game at least), but I'd imagine it could possibly work like a certain survival horror game Soma. If you ever played Penumbra or Amnesia games, it is made by the same developer.
If you don't want to play the game or are a gigantic wimp the game starts out with your character having some experimental brain scan. The next scene has you in some abandoned facility. You start to notice a bunch of robots that can speak to you. Sometimes they loop information, but it becomes apparent that they don't know that they are robots and at some point you finally see yourself in a mirror and you are in some crazy dive suit. Turns out whenever there is a brain scan, your personality is "cloned" as well and that personality won't become aware until it is activated. The personality that moves on and which one that stays happens in a coin flip.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Not a coin flip, it's in both but each one sees themselves as "me". Whenever this shows up in movies and such (The Prestige for example) the narrative just follows the one that makes for an interesting story.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Was Radcliff straight up killed or is he now trapped in the Matrix?

Dead as disco, at least in body. The whole point was his mind is now in the framework, so he's really "alive" in a way, but his body won't be.

Thus he's no longer a threat to the framework (in Aida's eyes) as he's apart of it. I'm not so sure that's true though. Radcliffe was a bit of an rear end in a top hat, but things went way further than he wanted.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I feel so bad for this actor ending up in lovely D-list Christian propaganda movies, drat it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Blazing Ownager posted:

I feel so bad for this actor ending up in lovely D-list Christian propaganda movies, drat it.

What if he's playing Satan?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Well okay.

I watched the entire season in the last two weeks. I know that 'how did this show get so good' has been the refrain since nearly the beginning, but come onnnnnnnnn. I was in to the Ghost Rider stuff. I liked it. It was fun. This LMD stuff has been on another level. I marked out hard at Radcliffe's villain reveal and I feel like the show has had me strung up like a puppet since.

Yakmouth posted:

But seriously, how can you spend a whole season on LMDs and not finish said season with a permanent LMD-ized cast member?
It's wasteful.

They did just kill off a cast member. One who already had a decoy made. And also was the one making them. If I were a mad scientist I sure wouldn't stop at a single robot replica of myself.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
I hope they run into ghost rider and it's: "what are you doing in the framework?" "No, what are you doing in hell?"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just like that the LMDs in no way shape or form had anything to do with Ward, but as soon as most of em are out of the way Ward reappears, laughing at our awful season predictions.

Ward is just too good.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Holy poo poo this show. I was just thinking man, only AoS on the DVR, I wish it was tomorrow for the Expanse instead. If there was a way for TV shows to play poker, AoS would always win. It has this ability, even years after S1 to still make you underestimate it. After getting blown away over and over again you'd think I'd come to expect it, but nope, surprise motherfucker.

3 things:
The way Radcliff was talking, it seems that time moves much faster in the Matrixframework, which is why we'll get several episodes in there for what will probably be a very short time span in real life.

I don't think that Aida and Radcliff 'decided' Hydra should win in the framework. All they did is go back and let every person change their single biggest regret. Coulson never joined Shield, May let super dangerous mind control girl live, Mack's kid survived, etc. These changes resulted in Hydra winning. There's no telling what the other's regrets are.

They said Daisy and Jemma would suddenly jump into their avatars, I took this to mean Jemma would wake up in her coffin, you know, because Jemma hasn't had a lovely enough day yet today. But I don't know, that might not be the case, is Jemma going to be a decaying corpse in the framework? DS9 had O'Brien must suffer. I'm starting to think AoS has Simmons must suffer. So much poo poo happens to that poor girl.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It was a great episode.

The only thing that puzzles me is why Aida kept the "Superior" alive... And controlled by his own original brain, which would mean no "external" programming altering his previous behavior/goals... so why would he protect the framework and not just kill Coulson and the others?

I just don't get why that character is still around and relevant; I do understand that the actor was wasted in his charcter's arc so far, because it amounted to a whole lot of nothing, all talk and eventual failure of his plans, but it seems like a really bad idea to keep him alive like that.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jemma

:smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
RIP Davis, leader of the red shirts. We all knew it was just a matter of time.

The episode really owned and I love the Dalton is back.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Why six weeks.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

RIP Davis, leader of the red shirts. We all knew it was just a matter of time.

He clearly survived the episode -- he flew the jet.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Mymla posted:

Why six weeks.

Because ABC hates us.

I really was not anticipating enjoying this episode so much. Holy poo poo.

Also random agents got a lot of lines this time.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm guessing Daisy is probably just gonna google "Jemma Simmons", find out where her grave is and go dig her up.

Why is May OK with hailing Hydra?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

counterfeitsaint posted:

Holy poo poo this show. I was just thinking man, only AoS on the DVR, I wish it was tomorrow for the Expanse instead.

I had just been thinking that the Expanse is my favorite show on TV, but then this episode happened. Maybe a tie?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mymla posted:

I'm guessing Daisy is probably just gonna google "Jemma Simmons", find out where her grave is and go dig her up.

Why is May OK with hailing Hydra?

I hope that little girl took over the world

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

notthegoatseguy posted:

Because ABC hates us.

I really was not anticipating enjoying this episode so much. Holy poo poo.

Also random agents got a lot of lines this time.

Honestly I think they may have been afraid of Brett Dalton shooting scenes for the show getting leaked. They wanted his return to be a surprise for the fans, so we get a six week delay. Blame the internet.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Honestly, I think it's just logistics. They have to churn out one episode per week, but with effects, location shooting, fight scenes, and so on, each episode takes longer than a week to make. Even if they start with a bunch of lead time, eventually they're going to use it up and need a hiatus to get more episodes ready.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Uh, surely every episode is finished before the show even starts airing?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

He clearly survived the episode -- he flew the jet.

Huh, I thought he was the guy who was all to eager to examine Fitzbits corpse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mymla posted:

What? That's not even close to how it works.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mymla posted:

I once read a post of a person who basically said "Uh, surely banks have always enough cash in vault to pay out all clients?" Your statement is about as true as that one.
It's even worse for Japanese animations. Apparently they tend to finish episodes on the date it airs.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
They ran out of dark underground bunkers to shoot in and needed a few more weeks to find more

cant cook creole bream posted:

I once read a post of a person who basically said "Uh, surely banks have always enough cash in vault to pay out all clients?" Your statement is about as true as that one.
It's even worse for Japanese animations. Apparently they tend to finish episodes on the date it airs.

They finished hobbit/lotr movies on the day of the premiere at worst.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I thought Aida changed May's memories so that the mom was the one with powers in Bahrain?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Mymla posted:

While I'm sure most shows and studios and networks would love to have a network show all finish all episodes in one go over the late spring/early summer, scheduling and logistics usually mean that isn't likely to happen. And since a show like Agents is on a network outlet rather than cable or streaming, they know they'll have breaks when the show airs to schedule additional shoots.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
From beginning to end that episode was amazing. Loved it.

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I hope that little girl took over the world

I thought the point of May's fantasy was that it was the mother who was doing the mind-controlling, and the girl was the innocent victim that May thought she was at the beginning of the real event. That was she could fight through the mind-controlled thugs, defeat the villain, AND save the girl, which is what she always wanted to have happened.

e:f,b

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I stuck with this show since day 1. Last night was my reward.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Jusupov posted:

They finished hobbit/lotr movies on the day of the premiere at worst.

They finished principle photography (ie: most of the raw filming). They had not finished effects, color correction, editing, or scoring on the other two movies when the first premiered, and they were doing pick-ups and reshoots well into 2003.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I need to check again, but I thought the Bahrain fantasy was really vague about the details. I wonder if HYDRA wanted the girl alive. :tinfoil:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

suddenlyissoon posted:

I stuck with this show since day 1. Last night was my reward.

I agree. I don't think anyone would've thought 3 years ago that this show would be questioning what exactly is reality or what defines our humanity.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Man. Remember when this show was bad?

How far we've come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

I hope they run into ghost rider and it's: "what are you doing in the framework?" "No, what are you doing in hell?"

Robbie Reyes enters the matrix and causes the supercomputer to overheat

• Locked thread