Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

eonwe posted:

i never posted on 4chan

my preSA home was the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks 'eti'

i came to sa about 2001 but my late 90s home was a place callet TTLG, which was ostensibly a bbcode forum for looking glass studios but was a tight knit community of weirdos

hey guess what that collapsed in a drama implosion!!!! On the internet??!? Yeah i can hardly believe that

thinking back on it now there were some guys there that absolutely should have gone to prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope somebody smashes Stephen Miller's face in with a brick

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jeff sessions is a oval office and i hope he has a stroke

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MYcKEi8zZs

tinydesk is insanely good

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Al! posted:

i came to sa about 2001 but my late 90s home was a place callet TTLG, which was ostensibly a bbcode forum for looking glass studios but was a tight knit community of weirdos

hey guess what that collapsed in a drama implosion!!!! On the internet??!? Yeah i can hardly believe that

thinking back on it now there were some guys there that absolutely should have gone to prison

I ended up on those forums a few times trying to get old games working. I lurked here for years before shelling out the 10bux and I have no other homes on the internet. It is good to be with you all now, at the end of all things.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Yeah I really don't know why this didn't get more attention. He literally called the anti-Semitic attacks all false flags. Done by the "other side". The President of the United States said this to a room of reporters!

Someone needs to ask Spicey to clarify this, and when he dodges the question have a solid follow up ready to really put the heat on him. Don't just let up!

https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/834418157045428226

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's 2017 now tho

2017 is just 2016 volume 2

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i seem to remember a certain donald trump promising that transgender people could use whatever bathroom they want

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

proof of concept posted:

I hope somebody smashes Stephen Miller's face in with a brick

after the trump admin gets ousted someone will find the bodies in his basement so he'll eventually get whats coming to him

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

ah yes, the source of delta zero's version of in morte sumus

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Devos did...a good thing?? :psyduck:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

i never got the heightism thing, and i remember /fit/ going wild over manlets because it didnt matter how swole you were, you still were a manlet

but they took it too obsessively and that's the turn off, not the height thing. It's that your anxiety is a drag and you're being weird as gently caress :chloe: over something you can't change.

And if you're hung up about a woman who cares only for height, well she's got too high standards too, jeez loweez. There's no power move, ditch that weirdo who wants to measure you by the foot.

the only measuring i do by the foot, is fruit~

Donal trump is 6'0'' and he still has to pay women to get peed on

I'm 5'7" and I've never had an issue with it, but I used to have a close friend / roommate who was the same height and used to obsess over it constantly despite being in fantastic shape and doing figure competitions and being a good-looking guy.

I haven't talked to him since 2012 but at that point he was really into ladder theory and being an MRA. When I told him he'd have better relationship luck just being himself, he said "I'd never get laid if I were myself."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
2017, death camps of our dreams.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Feminasty Slut posted:

I ended up on those forums a few times trying to get old games working. I lurked here for years before shelling out the 10bux and I have no other homes on the internet. It is good to be with you all now, at the end of all things.
i've lived on a couple of really loving small and obscure forums but it's good to be on sa

it's a good mix of anonymity of randos, but with intimacy of board regulars, filled with the cheesy goodness of actually existing moderation

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I used to hang out on the Earthbound website with Everdraed :shepface:

nowadays, the guy that ran that site makes a living selling kitschy video game crap

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im six foot twenty, fuckin killin for fun

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

not sure, its on my list to dig into but they are a UK electropop band soo prob do sound like that most of the time - its on my list to chk into further

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovestarrs

(they changed their name at some point)

also here's my song of teh week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_rjG6cURVY

b4 i forget, last post for now so people can talk about how donal trump should be taken seriously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIVwqU-KzI

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
whoever designed the bbcode poo poo should be shot

or maybe the whole thing needs a fundamental redesign

like having to load every page to see new replies is kinda stupid

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I used to lurk on a poker forum, and it was literally exactly like SA.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Stephen Miller is a special person in that his face and voice is rage inducing, regardless of what he's saying. The things he says are horrible and stupid too.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Escape from New York sequel looking good

Though lol at anyone caring enough to go rescue the president

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

rudatron posted:

whoever designed the bbcode poo poo should be shot

or maybe the whole thing needs a fundamental redesign

like having to load every page to see new replies is kinda stupid

its getting one

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The good thing would have been not signing it and using her power, i.e. 20 Senators she has in her pockets to push back. As it is this is just some spin making her look like less of a monster. She still signed it. That is like saying well I didn't really want to order the death of all transgenders but it was just easier to go along with the death orders.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

its getting one
you sure? everything you see here is just a new coat of paint, under the hood it's the same poo poo

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Devos thought about not doing a bad thing. Then decided to do a bad thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rudatron posted:

you sure? everything you see here is just a new coat of paint, under the hood it's the same poo poo

yeah but who knows when we'll get it. full rebuild though

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

rudatron posted:

i seem to remember a certain donald trump promising that transgender people could use whatever bathroom they want

Haha, yeah remember when everyone thought since he said he didn't care that it was some great win for LGBT rights?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/834383784820736002

loving morons cannot shut up about banning muslims

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
my home on the internet is the friends i made along the way

and also several extremely specific fetish sites

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol could you imagine the cognitive dissonance if Betsy Devos had resigned over principle

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

boxed wine is as good as bottled which is itself an enormous loving scam

i want to open a winery just so i can sell 4-packs of 12oz bottles of half decent poo poo

like i don't care if i have to import the grapes from california or whatever im just so loving sick of not being able to have a shiraz or something with dinner because they only sell it in 750ml bottles. wine just ain't right a day or two after it's opened and drinking a 750 yourself is a ticket on the cirrhosis train

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I also seem to remember a pic that looked exactly like this :smugdon: but he was holding a rainbow flag. lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
before i came here i posted exclusively to the jezebel comments section and voat

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I have often wondered about the lost souls who post exclusively in article comments.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Coolguye posted:

i want to open a winery just so i can sell 4-packs of 12oz bottles of half decent poo poo

like i don't care if i have to import the grapes from california or whatever im just so loving sick of not being able to have a shiraz or something with dinner because they only sell it in 750ml bottles. wine just ain't right a day or two after it's opened and drinking a 750 yourself is a ticket on the cirrhosis train

wait there are people who don't drink wine by the bottle?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol could you imagine the cognitive dissonance if Betsy Devos had resigned over principle

That would be crazy, she's never even been a principal!:downsrim:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

DeVos is a rich person convinced of her own correctness by the prosperity gospel, but she's not a loving psychopath that takes pleasure in oppressing people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Coolguye posted:

:chloe:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

DeVos is a rich person convinced of her own correctness by the prosperity gospel, but she's not a loving psychopath that takes pleasure in oppressing people.

actually those are the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

wait there are people who don't drink wine by the bottle?
wait, there are people who don't drink wine by the bag?

• Locked thread